Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
Just do it. this hipster lady created the American Kale Association out of whole cloth, which then hired her as a PR consultant in 2013

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-22984/the-strange-mystery-of-who-made-kale-famous-and-why.html

e: and just like quinoa, the cool boom is loving the farmers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

Jonny 290 posted:

Just do it. this hipster lady created the American Kale Association out of whole cloth, which then hired her as a PR consultant in 2013

http://www.mindbodygreen.com/0-22984/the-strange-mystery-of-who-made-kale-famous-and-why.html

e: and just like quinoa, the cool boom is loving the farmers

Hmm, you know I'm legitimately considering giving it a go. I'm sick of consultancy and I bet I could pull some grants. If not loquats than maybe microcrops of spirulina to start me off. You can't buy live spirulina at all in Australia and health nuts will pay a steep premium for live and local.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
There is so much money thrown around at that poo poo. We tried a 'vegan prepared meals' thing once where they chuck you some dishes to heat/cook later, and i picked my $79 order of six small tubs of garden clippings up from a smiling trim 40s lady with the eye of Ra tattooed on her forehead

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler

Jonny 290 posted:

monsanto is good b/c we need to be working towards robotic fully automated/remote controlled farming in the shithole worthless cultural vacuum flyover states. develop the supercorn, evacuate all human life to the coasts, neutron bomb the rest, no more will we allow our children to grow up in places like hays, ks or minot, nd

I had good sushi in Hays once

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Roylicious posted:

GMOs have saved billions from starvation, a fact the rich liberals like to ignore.

yes, those evil LIEberals and their anti-science ways, this sounds exactly like them and definitely not like the party that is against stem cell research because it might hurt jesus's feelings to cure cancer and against limiting carbon emissions because numbers and facts are filthy liars that all vote democrat, right, uh huh

ghost host
Apr 17, 2010

ain't got no cash
ain't go no style
Monsanto sounds very villain-esque.

They should rebrand as Seedbuds or Happyveg

Harakiri Potter
Oct 18, 2004

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE BABY

ghetto wormhole posted:

I had good sushi in Hays once

Hay's isn't a bad town at all. I stop there to eat and then go spend a weekend in Colorado smoking dabs. I was just in Beatrice, where everyone grows GMO corn and soy, and shot a groundhog literally while I was taking a poo poo. I love America. Why doesn't everyone else love it?

Muscadine Wine
Feb 13, 2009
Monsanto sounds like a Musketeer or a mutant ninja turtle

Trash Trick
Apr 17, 2014

Agreed.

jonathan
Jul 3, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Nefarious 2.0 posted:

its cool when their lovely roundup ready(tm) crops blow into a neighboring field and then they sue the owner of that field for stealing their precious roundup ready(tm) crops

But that never happened. This is just some dumb hippie myth.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Ryoshi posted:

yes, those evil LIEberals and their anti-science ways, this sounds exactly like them and definitely not like the party that is against stem cell research because it might hurt jesus's feelings to cure cancer and against limiting carbon emissions because numbers and facts are filthy liars that all vote democrat, right, uh huh
Maybe both parties have members that are hysterical and unreasoning in different ways.

Though actually from what I've seen in the way of polling GMO paranoia cuts rather evenly across partisan lines.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
there are too many humans as is so saving billions from starvation is only going to lead to an even larger population crash in the future

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Mozi posted:

there are too many humans as is so saving billions from starvation is only going to lead to an even larger population crash in the future

At the current rate of expansion within 600 years the total mass of all humans would equal that of the earth itself. poo poo is gonna go down eventually.

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

kale as an organic high price super food is funny because it grows like a weed. if you live in a half way arable state just chuck some out your window. I hope you like rabbits.

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
spinach with feet

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Moon Atari posted:

Hmm, you know I'm legitimately considering giving it a go. I'm sick of consultancy and I bet I could pull some grants. If not loquats than maybe microcrops of spirulina to start me off. You can't buy live spirulina at all in Australia and health nuts will pay a steep premium for live and local.
If you do will you breed a loquat that has more than like a 1 day window of ripeness because that's a pain in the rear end

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Also a loquat (preferably the same loquat) which does not dry out and become wrinkly a few hours after you pick it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piso Mojado
Aug 6, 2013

Monsanto and gmos are cool and good. and if you disagree you are a science denier no better than anti global warming tools and creationalists. probably worse tbh.

• Locked thread