Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Fiddler on the Reef posted:

they lack the cultural wherewithal

Lol I loving hate you so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Btw, the second there's a viable alternative to fossil fuel and we can tell the saudi royal family to gently caress themselves I'm starting a safari business in saudi arabia.

We fly in, shoot anyone that looks like they belongs to the house of Saud, steal something gaudy like a gold plated ferrari or some poo poo, we fly out while blasting some kickass heavy metal. I'm sure I can hire a few veterans to fly the choppers and maintain the equipment so I will most likely also get some sort of tax deductible from the government too.

10% discount for anyone who would have been an oppressed minority (women, jews, atheists, homosexuals...) in Saudi Arabia, call now and you might get to be the door gunner (first 1000 rounds free).

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

Blue Train posted:

Lol I loving hate you so much

say it don't spray it my friend

butterbar
Dec 14, 2016
If I'm posting while Quick Draw McGraw is on probation report me for my permaban!

a quick googling tells me you're wrong. a lot of countries have a lot of food imports but they are able to be sufficient if they choose to be. others can't but would be able to buy their way out in a pickle (e.g. the U.K.). But the ME and North Africa? hosed.

they lack the cultural wherewithal to build an economy that would enable them to buy food without reliance on oil money and they live in a desert.

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2013/may/07/half-population-food-imports-2050

Modern food production is entirely dependent on oil energy and oil-energy-derived fertilizers

Same with modern medicine

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

butterbar posted:

Modern food production is entirely dependent on oil energy and oil-energy-derived fertilizers

Same with modern medicine

if we escape the clutches of oil and energy becomes cheap enough (I don't see any reason why this won't happen), then we can mass produce all the hydrocarbons we need for this type of stuff. also crop rotation goes a long way towards allieviating the need to replenish topsoil with fertilizers.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

say it don't spray it my friend

You are a worse poster than moridin perhaps you should ruminate on that friend

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

Blue Train posted:

I think I'll ruminate on your mom's face later tonight, b!!

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blue Train posted:

is this a challenge???

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

is this a challenge???

Nooooo

Saint Isaias Boner