Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Taima posted:

I just got into Kengan Ashura, I'm just wondering if there's any place to read it legally? I looked around online and haven't had much luck.

I'm about 15 chapters in and I feel like I've laughed out loud so many times. The art is out of this world. I assume most people compare this to Baki? Which one is normally preferred?

Tried to get into Baki last year but had a hard time understanding the watch order and kinda lost interest but I should really pick it up again. The youtube Baki/Breaking Bad crossover anime mini-episodes are a work of absolute art.

Comikey. App/website. You can get free chapter tickets... daily, I think?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
It's amazing how densely packed the panels are in kengan while baki uses an entire chapter to show a sumo wrestler putting up his hair. And somehow they're both great.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Taima posted:

I just got into Kengan Ashura, I'm just wondering if there's any place to read it legally? I looked around online and haven't had much luck.

I'm about 15 chapters in and I feel like I've laughed out loud so many times. The art is out of this world. I assume most people compare this to Baki? Which one is normally preferred?

Tried to get into Baki last year but had a hard time understanding the watch order and kinda lost interest but I should really pick it up again. The youtube Baki/Breaking Bad crossover anime mini-episodes are a work of absolute art.
Baki has some really unforgettable moments/concepts but after a while half or more of it feels like a shitpost. It's appreciated in its own unique way due to how singular and nonsense Itagaki's worldview seems to be and how simultaneously silly and grotesque it is. Halfway through the series Itagaki decides that being a mime is somehow an indication of extreme power so characters start showing off by interacting with imaginary objects convincingly. Just constant WTF is happening here.

In terms of the actual combat Kengan Ashura is a whole lot better and it's more recognizable as like a narrative.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Apr 18, 2024

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
kengan was good while it was doing its own thing. it is sort of bad now that it is trying to be baki. nothing should ever try to be baki.

Taima
Dec 31, 2006

tfw you're peeing next to someone in the lineup and they don't know
thanks yall!

No Wave posted:

Baki has some really unforgettable moments/concepts but after a while half or more of it feels like a shitpost. It's appreciated in its own unique way due to how singular and nonsense Itagaki's worldview seems to be and how simultaneously silly and grotesque it is. Halfway through the series Itagaki decides that being a mime is somehow an indication of extreme power so characters start showing off by interacting with imaginary objects convincingly. Just constant WTF is happening here.

In terms of the actual combat Kengan Ashura is a whole lot better and it's more recognizable as like a narrative.

Lmao amazing. Thanks for the tips yall. I’m about at the part where the Kure girl wants to have Ohma’s babies.

It’s insanely dense with so many characters. It reminds me of Tokyo Ghoul with how many players there are. It’s great but I hope it doesn’t get too crazy… I’m already not great remembering so many names.

I am curious though, is Baki better in manga or anime?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

baki turning into The Imagination Wars will always be the funniest poo poo to me, it rules

I'd say it's about equal in the manga/anime split. There's times where the anime looks like dogshit (whenever they decide to do 3D like in the synchronicity arc) but there's a lot of manga that looks like dogshit too so lol

Babe Magnet fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Apr 19, 2024

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Taima posted:

thanks yall!

Lmao amazing. Thanks for the tips yall. I’m about at the part where the Kure girl wants to have Ohma’s babies.

It’s insanely dense with so many characters. It reminds me of Tokyo Ghoul with how many players there are. It’s great but I hope it doesn’t get too crazy… I’m already not great remembering so many names.

I am curious though, is Baki better in manga or anime?

Baki is equally incredible in both mediums, in slightly different ways.

Baki is amazing.

Everything the post you responded to are positives, not negatives.

Kengan Ashura is also great.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
hell yeah another tournament after stupid poo poo

https://comikey.com/read/kengan-omega-manga/DV7Vme/chapter-258/

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004
Did I miss something, why are there two connectors inside of Jackie?

yum
Oct 27, 2005

Only good things will come
to someone like
you.
someone in the kengan subreddit pointed out that Shen has only used the black background-white text speech bubble twice: Once when he declared himself earth's immune system, and this chapter when he wanted more wine. It hints that this is the Tiger connector slipping through.

This suggests that Jackie isn’t aware that this is happening and the Tiger has more control than he realizes. It also suggests Jackie likes beer while the Tiger prefers wine.

yum fucked around with this message at 15:25 on Apr 25, 2024

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Suspicious Lump posted:

Did I miss something, why are there two connectors inside of Jackie?

Yeah you missed the last few chapters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

yum posted:

someone in the kengan subreddit pointed out that Shen has only used the black background-white text speech bubble twice: Once when he declared himself earth's immune system, and this chapter when he wanted more wine. It hints that this is the Tiger connector slipping through.

This suggests that Jackie isn’t aware that this is happening and the Tiger has more control than he realizes. It also suggests Jackie likes beer while the Tiger prefers wine.

I dont remember what the Tiger's relationship with Niko is. I know Ohma is the Tiger Vessel and both other Niko and Tiger seem to like wine but I don't know their connection otherwise beyond their shared familiarity with Gaoh Mukaku.