Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hobojim
Oct 31, 2011

ZuluDashOne posted:

Hanging in as long as he did taking those hits is a feat. That leg sweep he landed was vicious. if he had followed up with intensity I think he would've won.

The leg sweep was badass. His chin is absolutely insane, and hopefully Herb helped it to survive for another few fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/aaronbronsteter/status/1259361192419745792

Gaethje was up 39-37, 39-37 and 40-36 going into the last round

And once again, the judges scored the last round even though the fight ended before it was over

Am I an idiot? Is that a thing? I though they just stopped scoring when the referee calls it off

NObodyNOWHERE
Apr 24, 2007

Now we are all sons of bitches.
Hell Gem
Cejudo is on the presser right now. Does he have Aspergers or something? Geez.

EDIT - Dana's on now. Gaethje/TFerg FOTN. Performances were Gaethje and Ngannou. That makes 9 bonuses in 7 fights for Gaethje. Holy poo poo.

NObodyNOWHERE fucked around with this message at 07:11 on May 10, 2020

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HouseOfLeaves99 posted:

That fight just shortened Tony's career by a couple of years.

I crunched the numbers and apparently Tony should have retired when he was 17.

diesiel
Aug 11, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I crunched the numbers and apparently Tony should have retired when he was 17.

That's just Tony, What about Anthony, Antonio and all the other spirits which inhabit his mind?

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

diesiel posted:

That's just Tony, What about Anthony, Antonio and all the other spirits which inhabit his mind?

When tony dies will it look like Shang Tsung was vanquished?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

beep by grandpa posted:

When tony dies will it look like Shang Tsung was vanquished?

There's even odds that we find out in a few hours in a media release from a Florida hospital.

Cyber Dog
Feb 22, 2008

Riotgrrill posted:

That wasn't the main event.

uh...huh? tony v justin wasnt the main event?

meatloafkitten
Mar 2, 2004

To the KISS-copter!

Do it ironically posted:

I wonder how many people will be covid positive within two weeks

Is there even a plan to get fighters tested after their events? On Embedded it sounded like fighters were all traveling home day after the fights to make way in the hotel for fighters from the next card. I guess we might hear about UFC staff (lookin' at you, Joe Rogan) and incoming fighters who pop... might not hear much about which fighters took the virus home with them and/or who they shared it with, though.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!
https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1259521714754596866

edit: gently caress meant to post this in the main thread not the GDT, whoops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Memento posted:

https://twitter.com/aaronbronsteter/status/1259361192419745792

Gaethje was up 39-37, 39-37 and 40-36 going into the last round

And once again, the judges scored the last round even though the fight ended before it was over

Am I an idiot? Is that a thing? I though they just stopped scoring when the referee calls it off

The Unified rules anticipate incomplete rounds and scoring thereof. I guess so you could do a technical decision with the last round scored?