Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
ufc 249 is allegedly still happening, somehow

post about it here

if someone wants to provide more info, go ahead

(i assume Brut will have already made a GDT by the time I click post, so this will likely get closed anyway, lol)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Enjoying the announcers being spread out around the cage.

butros
Aug 2, 2007

I believe the signs of the reptile master

Huh Joe Hogan is commentating I thought he wasn’t going to. And also he’s wearing a suit I thought he didn’t wear suits.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

LobsterMobster posted:

(i assume Brut will have already made a GDT by the time I click post, so this will likely get closed anyway, lol)

Not this time, gave a couple hour heads up about this in the main UFC thread, sorry.

Anyway there's a countdown on screen, fights don't start for another half hour.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

butros posted:

Huh Joe Hogan is commentating I thought he wasn’t going to. And also he’s wearing a suit I thought he didn’t wear suits.

It's probably cold as gently caress in there since there's no people and the HVAC system is designed for a full arena.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
There's no way this huge block of wasted time is due to Jacare pulling out, right? Why would they budget a whole hour for a single three-round fight?

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

LobsterMobster posted:

ufc 249 is allegedly still happening, somehow

I'm still confused.

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

Vengarr posted:

There's no way this huge block of wasted time is due to Jacare pulling out, right? Why would they budget a whole hour for a single three-round fight?

It's not a whole hour, the broadcast started at like 6:20 EST, the original listed google start time is 6:30 EST, half an hour for a fight is about the norm.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
https://twitter.com/AcidHaze/status/1259208855113916418

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer
The Ngannou hype is Officially Back On, it seems.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
i dont normally watch mma but im starving for anything that resembles normality even if its two dudes beating the gently caress out of each other

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

Brut posted:

It's not a whole hour, the broadcast started at like 6:20 EST, the original listed google start time is 6:30 EST, half an hour for a fight is about the norm.

Whaaa when I checked it said 6.

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009
If the dude who had Corona passed it to Jake the Snake at the hotel, I'll fight him at the next event.

BaconPirate
Dec 11, 2019
If fights are canceled always move the early prelims up 30 minutes per fight that was canceled. It's always been this way

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
i feel like a piece of poo poo for watching this

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

HouseOfLeaves99 posted:

If the dude who had Corona passed it to Jake the Snake at the hotel, I'll fight him at the next event.

I kinda thought Jake "The Snake" Roberts was already dead.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vengarr posted:

I kinda thought Jake "The Snake" Roberts was already dead.

Give it a few weeks

Screama
Nov 25, 2007
Yes, I am very cereal.
Folks, I'm stoked

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009
gently caress Greg Hardy

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
Haha poo poo I forgot Greg Hardy fought Alexander Volkov. What a dumb matchup.

Hollandia
Jul 27, 2007

rattus rattus

Grimey Drawer

HouseOfLeaves99 posted:

gently caress Greg Hardy

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

brut whipped my rear end

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

smilin sam alvey welcoming usd back

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

HouseOfLeaves99 posted:

gently caress Greg Hardy

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009
They did bring up something interesting earlier. Why have the event in a giant empty arena when you could do a smaller one or a warehouse? Or fight island, I suppose.

BaconPirate
Dec 11, 2019
Kicking off the most stacked card in years with a freakijg Sam Alvey fight, Sean Shelby slipping

Count Roland
Oct 6, 2013

HouseOfLeaves99 posted:

They did bring up something interesting earlier. Why have the event in a giant empty arena when you could do a smaller one or a warehouse? Or fight island, I suppose.

That's a good question. Contract obligations maybe?

Also you could probably rent a stadium for 100 bucks right now.

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Give it a few weeks

dont you put that kinda energy out there!

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

let us go, smile and sam

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Give it a few weeks

I'm telling Lance Archer your said that.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
UFC will kill the entire All Elite Wrestling roster with COVID 19.
Vince is going to make Dana a wwe hall of famer.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Vengarr posted:

I just assumed that ESPN really just needs poo poo to put on TV.

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009

Zeta Acosta posted:

UFC will kill the entire All Elite Wrestling roster with COVID 19.
Vince is going to make Dana a wwe hall of famer.

Only Joey Janela survives

Brut
Aug 21, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 13 hours!

BaconPirate posted:

If fights are canceled always move the early prelims up 30 minutes per fight that was canceled. It's always been this way

Yeah but usually this means the broadcast will start at that time too, as opposed to today, where the broadcast started 10 minutes before original scheduled time, with a 40 minute "countdown to first fight" on screen.

HouseOfLeaves99
Mar 20, 2009
I watch UFC maybe once a year, so I don't really know any of these dudes, but a dude with the nickname Smiling?

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Does Sam Alvey always look like he's going to burst into tears?

BaconPirate
Dec 11, 2019

HouseOfLeaves99 posted:

I watch UFC maybe once a year, so I don't really know any of these dudes, but a dude with the nickname Smiling?

His gimmick is that he smiles all the time

TheTofuShop
Aug 28, 2009

foster dad is some good energy. lets go mr alvey

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
"the quintessential Team Quest guy"

drat Joe go easy he has a family

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yay combat sports are back.