Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who was YOUR Champion for August, 2022?
This poll is closed.
Jon Moxley (AEW & GCW Champion) 38 65.52%
:megaman: Claudio Castagnoli (ROH World Champion) 6 10.34%
Jordynne Grace (Impact Knockouts Champion) 0 0%
:greenangel: Syuri (World of Stardom Champion) 0 0%
:baby: El Lindaman (G-REX Champion) 3 5.17%
:pilot:Josh Alexander (Impact World Champion) 1 1.72%
:thatsrad: Kazusada Higuchi (KO-D Openweight Champion) 2 3.45%
:skeltal: Thunder Rosa (FORMER AEW Women's Champion) 0 0%
:axe: Baliyan Akki (Super Asia Champion) 4 6.90%
:cloudnine: (None of the Above) 4 6.90%
Total: 58 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

At least he's coming second in the poll!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Last chance to get your vote in!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I enjoy the consistency with which you're also listing Thunder Rosa as a former champ.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

edogawa rando posted:

I'm just mad at the lack of love for Claudio. This is just a drat popularity contest! :mad:

I love the hell out of Claudio and thought about voting for him, but Mox is clearly the man right now. Feels to me like Claudio's reign is still too new to vote for him yet. If he has a couple of strong title defenses over the next month or two, he'll have my vote at some point.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Though the number of votes was lower than usual, the winner was still seemingly never in doubt as AEW Champion Jon Moxley took 65% of the vote to become The Great Jase Space's Pro-Wrestling Champion for August, and his second month in a row. Once again, fellow Blackpool Combat Club member Claudio Castagnoli managed the second place finish, but it wasn't even close. With so many Champions out of the running for August, the votes didn't really spin out to those who were left, though Baliyan Akki did manage a rare defense of his title that saw him end up in third place. But August is in the record books now, and the Champion for this month is now and forevermore Jon Moxley.

Previous winners, click the picture for poll results (where available) for that month.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Oct 1, 2022

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
:smug:

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

If MJF wins the title at Grand Slam off of Punk, does that mean we can have the two of them face off in the voting next month?

Kvantum fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Sep 5, 2022

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kvantum posted:

If MJF wins the title at Grand Slam off of Punk, does that mean we can have the two of them face off in the voting next month?

If MJF was to beat Punk at Grand Slam, then the September poll would have THREE AEW Champions on it! Mox who lost the title at All Out, Punk who won it at All Out and then - in this scenario - lost it at Grand Slam, and then MJF who won it at Grand Slam. We could have a top 3 poll result that was all AEW Champions!

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Jerusalem posted:

If MJF was to beat Punk at Grand Slam, then the September poll would have THREE AEW Champions on it! Mox who lost the title at All Out, Punk who won it at All Out and then - in this scenario - lost it at Grand Slam, and then MJF who won it at Grand Slam. We could have a top 3 poll result that was all AEW Champions!

Why would anyone vote for anybody besides MJF?______

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kvantum posted:

Why would anyone vote for anybody besides MJF?______

Maybe they get confused when they see AEW Champion written next to the name!

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Jerusalem posted:

This month set the precedent that only the current AEW champion would be on the poll, however, so only MJF would be on the poll

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Senerio posted:

This month set the precedent that only the current AEW champion would be on the poll, however, so only MJF would be on the poll

No it didn't :)

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Hopefully there's as many AEW entrants as possible to split the votes so one of my guys can win

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

SG Bamboo posted:

Hopefully there's as many AEW entrants as possible to split the votes so one of my guys can win

:same: One of these months Alexander's gonna shock PSP.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Edward Mass posted:

:same: One of these months Alexander's gonna shock PSP.

Also fair. Kento Miyahara has a win under his belt and literally three people here watch All Japan, it's Impact's go

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SG Bamboo posted:

Also fair. Kento Miyahara has a win under his belt and literally three people here watch All Japan, it's Impact's go

Impact (co-)won Champ of the Year in 2021!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

September's Poll is up!