Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Hot drinks, they really get you goin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maskenfreiheit2
Dec 26, 2022

Szyznyk posted:

Long-rear end post holiday Starbucks line.

gently caress starbucks. (well, except the hot russian linguist who i called too many times after we hooked up a grand total of twice, she's literally an angel for pretending not to recognize me when i was on my way to be told RAND doesn't hire autistic people -- she's extremely cool and good and i was avoiding that spot specifically because it's weird as gently caress to constantly hang out where your ex works)

anyways... why the gently caress you waiting in line for... that?

what you should be doing is sitting in the women owned independent coffee chain next to the apple store, like me.

on my end, i don't drink coffee since i now identify as italian or whatever (it's a long story)...

but i just had a lovely little cortado in the coffee store next to the apple store that treats the series of tech bros who attempt to gentrify appalachia as marks for the gathering of "business intelligence", having previously gotten (permanently?) banned from the onlyfans cafe.

do not ask me which one is the onlyfans cafe, apparently they keep firing her despite her being one of the few people who actually knows how serve a quad espresso -- the key to which is to just silently give me a glass of bean juice while forgetting the myriad of ways i abused the wifi like fascists masquerading as capitalists abused democratic norms because i tipped you two whole american dollars. also apparently the place i first met her was literally owned by the mafia... womp womp!

(next time i make a nsfw reddit account i'll be extra sure to opt out of marketing, because i absolutely don't want to be followed into the woods by snoop dog or whatever)

i can't tell if people are supposed to unironically post this hard about coffee but gently caress it i'm about to change locations to get some spicy food (since i'm apparently literally a sociopath who makes people's hands shake when i joke about the power going out or tell them that notre dam burned to the ground because they abused their workers, which are both :airquote:"pastel qanon memes":airquote: now apparently? ffs i miss when talking about conspiracy theories were an elaborate ruse to get laid by the gru then have them get pissed ive never had a clearance in my goddamn life and just read a lot of posts on the internet)

anyways i usually drink tea or just a doubleshot (which has much less caffeine than a glass of your american coffee) so i'm off to read a buncha cryptography papers and troll my signal contacts one by one on the wifi somewhere deeper in Appalachia.

(fun fact: apparently telling someone "if you were smart enough to get into MIT, why'd you have a kid, you used to hang out with all those planned parenthood girls for a reason dude" is "offensive on a deep personal level")

TL;DR: no ex wives, no kids, no pity for the majority :coffee:

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

thinking about quitting coffee. i don't know why. it's just another habit i guess. anyone try this?

I gave up coffee a couple of years ago, although I still drink decaf for the taste sometimes.

The first two weeks were bad--headaches, irritability, general stupidity, etc. I'm happy I gave it up thought, because I can function just fine without it and don't have to worry about caffeine withdrawals. And as a bonus, if I ever drink proper coffee it's like being on speed, so I can be super-productive.

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

Vampire Panties posted:

:haibrower:

I have my old standby

- half-caf (preferably one brand, but local stores almost never carry it, so I usually buy Peets or something that has a medium roast in regular and decaf and mix them 50/50)
- 2 scoops collagen powder
- 1 scoop fruit fiber stuff
- a dash of agave

Fill my 24oz RTIC cup to the brim.

The half-caf is nice - i'm alert but not murderous, and I have :airquote: room :airquote: for more caffeine if I want to grab a small coffee later in the morning (like I did with the hazelnut I'm tipping back r/n)

this seems a little too fabulous tbh

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

maskenfreiheit2 posted:

gently caress starbucks. (well, except the hot russian linguist who i called too many times after we hooked up a grand total of twice, she's literally an angel for pretending not to recognize me when i was on my way to be told RAND doesn't hire autistic people -- she's extremely cool and good and i was avoiding that spot specifically because it's weird as gently caress to constantly hang out where your ex works)

anyways... why the gently caress you waiting in line for... that?

what you should be doing is sitting in the women owned independent coffee chain next to the apple store, like me.

on my end, i don't drink coffee since i now identify as italian or whatever (it's a long story)...

but i just had a lovely little cortado in the coffee store next to the apple store that treats the series of tech bros who attempt to gentrify appalachia as marks for the gathering of "business intelligence", having previously gotten (permanently?) banned from the onlyfans cafe.

do not ask me which one is the onlyfans cafe, apparently they keep firing her despite her being one of the few people who actually knows how serve a quad espresso -- the key to which is to just silently give me a glass of bean juice while forgetting the myriad of ways i abused the wifi like fascists masquerading as capitalists abused democratic norms because i tipped you two whole american dollars. also apparently the place i first met her was literally owned by the mafia... womp womp!

(next time i make a nsfw reddit account i'll be extra sure to opt out of marketing, because i absolutely don't want to be followed into the woods by snoop dog or whatever)

i can't tell if people are supposed to unironically post this hard about coffee but gently caress it i'm about to change locations to get some spicy food (since i'm apparently literally a sociopath who makes people's hands shake when i joke about the power going out or tell them that notre dam burned to the ground because they abused their workers, which are both :airquote:"pastel qanon memes":airquote: now apparently? ffs i miss when talking about conspiracy theories were an elaborate ruse to get laid by the gru then have them get pissed ive never had a clearance in my goddamn life and just read a lot of posts on the internet)

anyways i usually drink tea or just a doubleshot (which has much less caffeine than a glass of your american coffee) so i'm off to read a buncha cryptography papers and troll my signal contacts one by one on the wifi somewhere deeper in Appalachia.

(fun fact: apparently telling someone "if you were smart enough to get into MIT, why'd you have a kid, you used to hang out with all those planned parenthood girls for a reason dude" is "offensive on a deep personal level")

TL;DR: no ex wives, no kids, no pity for the majority :coffee:

ok

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Szyznyk posted:

Long-rear end post holiday Starbucks line.

Starbucks is dead to me when chestnut praline lattes are out of season

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
its tuesday morning but basically it is mondy morning because have to work today I am going to make some coffee soon and then drink it

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee

Prof. Crocodile posted:

I gave up coffee a couple of years ago, although I still drink decaf for the taste sometimes.

The first two weeks were bad--headaches, irritability, general stupidity, etc. I'm happy I gave it up thought, because I can function just fine without it and don't have to worry about caffeine withdrawals. And as a bonus, if I ever drink proper coffee it's like being on speed, so I can be super-productive.

Did you only drink coffee for the caffeine previously? I'm pretty heavily hooked and get the same symptoms if I don't get at least a cup in me before work. But I drink coffee because I really love the flavor, so I don't really want to give it up.

Coffee is such a big part of my morning routine as well. It's a meditative process that eases me into the start of the day, brewing with my little pour over and sipping from my cute moomin cups.

Coffee rules and I don't want to quit.

naem
May 29, 2011

QuasiQuack posted:

Coffee rules and I don't want to quit.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
drinking a cup of coffee while i knock out some morning email bullshit :whatup:

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I think id rather give up breathing than coffee.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Controversial stuff here but I believe coffee is good

maskenfreiheit2
Dec 26, 2022

Peggy Edson posted:

Controversial stuff here but I believe coffee is good

gently caress coffee, you can have an americano if you ask nicely

edit: and why is my AV not ted bundy kazinski after i paid :20bux:

maskenfreiheit2 fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Dec 29, 2022

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Monday morning holiday cuppa steaming in front of me. Its the best part of waking up (but it sure as hell isn't Folgers :vomarine:)

git apologist posted:

this seems a little too fabulous tbh

it is

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Goddamn coffee is good on a Monday. Lavazza , French Press, cream and sugar.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

I have a real hard time sleeping and I wake up every like couple hours or so...so usually by five am I just get up...I drink two cups of black coffee and I start my day.

I usually blast early aughts hardhouse as loud as I can on my headphones while I do so.

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Keurig Krew in da haus :cool:

Flops
Mar 28, 2010

Look at all these lovely posts!
Just did a nice pour over with half caf beans. For the decaf drinkers, checkout Onyx beans. They don't fall into that "tastes like burnt dark roast" category.

Oh, don't forget to check SA mart for the goon coffee (Royal Mills)!

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Vampire Panties posted:

decaf coffee tastes worse than regular coffee because of the process most producers use to decaffienate it. Also roasting takes the caffiene out of coffee (i.e. a blonde roast has wayyy more caffiene than a dark roast) so most producers only bother with decaf'ing dark roast stuff. AFAIK trying to decaf a light roast just fucks the beans up :shrug:
roasting coffee eliminates mass overall but the amount of caffeine lost is minor and not noticeable

make sure the coffee is decaffeinated using the swiss water decaf process to decaffeinate rather than chemical decaffeination for it to have less of an odd taste

there are no issues making a light decaf coffee, the coffee has already been through the process for months if not over a year before it's roasted and the profile (lighy/dark) is up the individual roaster/company

just drink what makes you happy and you enjoy because the majority of the coffee industry is full of poo poo, i say this as someone who has worked in it for over a decade

Empty Sandwich
Apr 22, 2008

goatse mugs

Pimpcasso posted:

the majority of the coffee industry is full of poo poo

I thought the poo poo coffee beans cost extra

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Empty Sandwich posted:

I thought the poo poo coffee beans cost extra

They do and kopi luwak has a lot of the animal rights problems that foie gras does

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
sippin coldbrew and rippin nasty farts from the enchi/relleno combo plate i had for dinner

:haibrow:

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
I want to try kopi luwak but it seems even more verboten than shark fin soup.

Also thanks for the tips re: decaf coffee, do you have a brand you recommend?

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Vampire Panties posted:

I want to try kopi luwak but it seems even more verboten than shark fin soup.

Also thanks for the tips re: decaf coffee, do you have a brand you recommend?

what if you eat an appetizer of seared foie gras over a medallion of veal filet, with a second course of shark fin soup, and then follow it up with that weird poo poo the french do with the towel over their head when they eat the sparrow....then to top that off go ahead and wash that down with a big fat cigar, smoked indoors of course, and a cup of civet coffee.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
Been busy all morning so thinking about brewing up some Monday afternoon coffee

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Nooner posted:

Been busy all morning so thinking about brewing up some Monday afternoon coffee

:haibrower: Pointless VP anecdote time:

Growing up in the godless Bay Area, I thought the afternoon coffee run was sort of a myth. When I first moved to Boston and worked a proper east coast 9-5 office job, my first Monday we went out to lunch and sat down and ate at the restaurant :wth: Then we got back to the office and everyone was sleepy so we sent the van guy out for coffee and it was the biggest :psyboom: Every office job I've ever worked in California, everyone worked through lunch. Everyone. :shrug:

Now I'm down with the afternoon cuppa :haibrower: I just made a big carafe of iced tea but I may throw on a pot in solidarity Nooner

EDIT

Mods could we get a title change to Monday+Anytime Coffee Appreciation Station please?

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Where is everyone at on coffee enemas?

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

ManBoyChef posted:

Where is everyone at on coffee enemas?

Coffee goes out my butt, not in :colbert:

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
My caramel iced coffee never tastes as good as a 99c large at MacDonalds. I see I can get 50% off a caramel frappe next.

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Zeluth posted:

My caramel iced coffee never tastes as good as a 99c large at MacDonalds. I see I can get 50% off a caramel frappe next.

:haibrow: Sometimes I just sorta need chain coffee.

When I was on the east coast, I made a Dunks run in the afternoon like clockwork. For a place with donuts in the name, their iced tea isn't half bad (although the lemons are haggard)

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Sun's almost down time for coffee

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

when I was waiting tables you would be surprised at home many people had espresso at night. like literally up until close at midnight. It was insane.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

ManBoyChef posted:

when I was waiting tables you would be surprised at home many people had espresso at night. like literally up until close at midnight. It was insane.

My former boss could have an espresso with desert at 9pm and go home and be asleep by 10pm. It was insane.

Notably not a Monday Morning, but its a rainy grey day here in San Diego and I'm appreciating the hell out of a cuppa :coffeepal: