Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Have you got Waffle House in your area?
Yes
No
Goku waffles
View Results

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
A friend from high school was home on leave from the Army after four or five tours of Afghanistan and he got a hankering for Waffle House as soon as he got home. We went there and he proceeded to demand 'The Stirling Steak' over and over with no further explanation. After the waitress became totally exasperated, I finally worked out that he meant sirloin steak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoonshineWilly
Feb 7, 2007

Damn you, harlot! Science and I know what we're doing!
You also know it's a classy establishment because Kid Rock got arrested for fighting at the Waffle House early one morning.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

There is a Waffle House 7 minutes from my job and I have to limit myself to once per 3 weeks, otherwise it's all I'd eat for lunch. One time I was there and the two staffers were arguing over whether a bin full of white liquid was mayonnaise or gravy. It was just sitting out on a counter.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

TaurusTorus posted:

There is a Waffle House 7 minutes from my job and I have to limit myself to once per 3 weeks, otherwise it's all I'd eat for lunch. One time I was there and the two staffers were arguing over whether a bin full of white liquid was mayonnaise or gravy. It was just sitting out on a counter.

So did you dip your finger in there and taste it to solve the mystery for them? What was it?

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

ManBoyChef posted:

So did you dip your finger in there and taste it to solve the mystery for them? What was it?

The mystery was never solved, it was a tub of white stuff, and I left before finding out what it was. Should have asked for some to top my hash browns.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
the white tub was definitely gravy, whoever argued that is the winner

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
No, we have George Webb, which is like Waffle House only Milwaukee themed.

Same all night chaotic energy and sticky laminated menus that haven't been updated since 1955.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Extra Large Marge posted:

Same all night chaotic energy and sticky laminated menus that haven't been updated since 1955.

I wasted so much of my degenerate youth hanging around Webb's. Also where I picked up a 13-year smoking habit!

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Pancakes blow
But I go for the patty melts so w/e

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Infidel Castro posted:

I wasted so much of my degenerate youth hanging around Webb's. Also where I picked up a 13-year smoking habit!

were you rolling up waffles with hashbrowns inside and smoking them? Because that would be an awesome smoking habit.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!
Fun Shoe
Amazingly good cheeseburgers BUT, hash browns instead of fries. Weird but acceptable.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

I love that Anthony Bourdain wh vid

William Henry Hairytaint
Oct 29, 2011

Seth Pecksniff is jealous of this thread, better watch out OP!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Bring back the Hobbit menu Denny's!!!

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

wondering if seth has any other threads he's thinking about duplicating. mayhaps a third friday thread is in the works>?

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Voted 5 for the other thread
Better op, sorry op

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

hot cocoa on the couch posted:

wondering if seth has any other threads he's thinking about duplicating. mayhaps a third friday thread is in the works>?

Be very, very careful friend

Friday is only a few hours away................

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
301 miles to the closest one...

I love going there. Great food. A friend who had never been asked about the ambiance. My reply?

"Cowboys, drunks, and outpatients."

I stand by this.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Genesplicer posted:

301 miles to the closest one...

I love going there. Great food. A friend who had never been asked about the ambiance. My reply?

"Cowboys, drunks, and outpatients."

I stand by this.

lmao

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Extra Large Marge posted:

I haven't been to one in like 5+ years but I remember going there maybe 15 years ago and I had breakfast and the bill was like $5. I couldn't believe it. Everything was SOOOOO cheap.

Not anymore I'd imagine.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

that white girl who deflected that chair is cool

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler
I do have to say living in california and having grown up in Tennessee where we had like 5 waffle houses in my city I do miss them. 3AM waffle house is like a rite of passage for college students in the South.

Bloopsy
Jun 1, 2006

you have been visited by the Tasty Garlic Bread. you will be blessed by having good Garlic Bread in your life time, but only if you comment "ty garlic bread" in the thread below
When I was stationed in the Florida panhandle we went there all the time after bar close. One time our thirsty as gently caress waitress sat down with us while we ate telling us how she wanted to party and hadn’t had sex in a while. My friend ended up bringing her back on base where they hosed smothered and covered style. Waffle House is good poo poo.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Bloopsy posted:

When I was stationed in the Florida panhandle we went there all the time after bar close. One time our thirsty as gently caress waitress sat down with us while we ate telling us how she wanted to party and hadn’t had sex in a while. My friend ended up bringing her back on base where they hosed smothered and covered style. Waffle House is good poo poo.

I am chunked (throwing up everywhere) after reading that

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Patty melt

Jimlit
Jun 30, 2005

This really sums up the WH experience imo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-p7rBdZlRyI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019