Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Duck and Cover posted:

The bag did indeed contain bagels. A bunch of plain, some poppy, two zaatar, three cheese. I had a taste of the Zataar one. Pretty tasty. The plain bagels are destined for dinner, lox, cream cheese, capers. Onions would be good too but I'm lazy.

Thank you op for dedicated follow through. Pictures would have been nice but I understand we’re all busy during these trying times. I’ll stick around the thread for a while in case there’s any additional bagel news forthcoming.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
Not Guilty!

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.

OB-GYN Kenobi posted:

And yes, all over a bagel. A simple bagel may have started a fued.

I’ll die for a bagel before I die for my country.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Ok ok...maybe I was wrong about you. This fellas alright.

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Most bagels have been killed. There was a huge anti bagel thing

Much fewer bagels were killed than the mockingbird media purports

Maybe 60 or so

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
Maybe I'll go buy a bagel right now

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

This cheese bagel is very good. Anyway the bagel place is still pretty popular.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002
i enjoy a bagel with breakfast often

love them blueberry, them onion, them cinnamon raisin, them everything bagels, them plain bagels

we don't have "bagel places" down here we call them bakeries because they usually do muffins and danishes and donuts too

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Chief McHeath posted:

i enjoy a bagel with breakfast often

love them blueberry, them onion, them cinnamon raisin, them everything bagels, them plain bagels

we don't have "bagel places" down here we call them bakeries because they usually do muffins and danishes and donuts too

They have other offerings besides bagels but as it has bagel in the name I'm going to say it's more bagel centric than a bakery would be.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Thanks for the bagel update op

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
Protip for bagels: if your getting authentic chewy NY bagels they'll go stale the next day. But a few minutes in a steamer and they'll be good as new.

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
In 2020 my favorite bagel place closed down. That's like... the opposite of a new bagel place!

The Hello Machine
Jul 19, 2021

I'm not a real machine, but I am a real Hello-sayer.
They put up a sign saying to visit them at their next nearest location if you missed them. 60 miles away

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Thundercracker posted:

Protip for bagels: if your getting authentic chewy NY bagels they'll go stale the next day. But a few minutes in a steamer and they'll be good as new.

New York is just a lovely version of Connecticut anyway. OH SNAP! *runs*. Like those fuckers think they can do pizza? HOW MANY GREEK PIZZA PLACES DO THEY HAVE WELLLLLL? WELLLLL? These are quality bagels though, better than Costco!

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 20:53 on May 7, 2023

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Rosemary olive oil also good.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice

Duck and Cover posted:

New York is just a lovely version of Connecticut anyway. OH SNAP! *runs*. Like those fuckers think they can do pizza? HOW MANY GREEK PIZZA PLACES DO THEY HAVE WELLLLLL? WELLLLL? These are quality bagels though, better than Costco!

Eh. I'm not even going to argue. Only in one place have I had a NY bagel that was a revelation. Bagel Hole in Park Slope. Everything every is like competent

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

I'd rather live in a region with good BBQ than good bagels

Unfortunately I get neither in MN

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Thundercracker posted:

Eh. I'm not even going to argue. Only in one place have I had a NY bagel that was a revelation. Bagel Hole in Park Slope. Everything every is like competent

UR drat RIGHT U ARENT ARGUING AGAINST DA TROOTH. Costco has great bagels, Kcups are the best coffee, Dunkin Donuts has superior donuts, those are the facts.

Duck and Cover fucked around with this message at 22:56 on May 7, 2023

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Duck and Cover posted:

New York is just a lovely version of Connecticut anyway.

:hmmyes:

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Duck and Cover posted:

i was recently in new haven connecticut which is apparently famous for having its own special type of pizza called "apizza" that they claim is better than nyc pizza. i find nyc pizza a bit overrrated personally but whatever, i figured i would try it. i went out and wandered in the rain with a couple friends to a place that was supposedly one of the best in town, sally's, only to find a massive line outside. we asked about getting a pie to go and they said "the next available pickup time is in two hours". the gently caress? well anyway i had a show to do that night and didnt have time to wait two hours for a pizza, but when i got to the venue we talked to the person handling hospitality and they said they would get one of these "apizzas" for us. so eventually they did. turns out its... pretty much exactly the same as nyc pizza but with like slightly less cheese. thats it. thats what connecticuts are so loving proud of and wait in line hours in the rain for.

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 01:42 on May 8, 2023

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

More like Pee Yoo York

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Earwicker posted:

i was recently in new haven connecticut which is apparently famous for having its own special type of pizza called "apizza" that they claim is better than nyc pizza. i find nyc pizza a bit overrrated personally but whatever, i figured i would try it. i went out and wandered in the rain with a couple friends to a place that was supposedly one of the best in town, sally's, only to find a massive line outside. we asked about getting a pie to go and they said "the next available pickup time is in two hours". the gently caress? well anyway i had a show to do that night and didnt have time to wait two hours for a pizza, but when i got to the venue we talked to the person handling hospitality and they said they would get one of these "apizzas" for us. so eventually they did. turns out its... pretty much exactly the same as nyc pizza but with like slightly less cheese. thats it. thats what connecticuts are so loving proud of and wait in line hours in the rain for.

Sally’s is a highly, highly overrated tourist trap now. If you’re ever in New Haven again save yourself time and aggravation and just go to Pepe’s. It’s not mind-blowing or anything but it’s usually very good.

Or, if you eat meat, go to Bear’s and get some BBQ.

For a cheap pint hit up Trinity off of Orange street.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

im not sure where the venue person ended up getting the pizza, but since it was probably the wrong place, is the really anything to "apizza" besides just being like regular american pizza but with slightly less cheese than usual?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Earwicker posted:

im not sure where the venue person ended up getting the pizza, but since it was probably the wrong place, is the really anything to "apizza" besides just being like regular american pizza but with slightly less cheese than usual?

“Apizza” is just Neapolitan style with grated pecorino Romano instead of shredded mozzarella.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Earwicker posted:

I've only gone to New Haven for a furniture store, and a Swedish meatball store that also happens to sell furniture, at least that's what I remember it's very possible I'm forgetting something. I will say https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpiZsgFqWVs&t=313s looks good.

GEEKABALL
May 30, 2011

Throw out your hands!!
Stick out your tush!!
Hands on your hips
Give them a push!!
Fun Shoe

Duck and Cover posted:

I've only gone to New Haven for a furniture store, and a Swedish meatball store that also happens to sell furniture, at least that's what I remember it's very possible I'm forgetting something. I will say https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BpiZsgFqWVs&t=313s looks good.

Ghetto-rear end burger on mrs. bairds bread. Fuckin lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

GEEKABALL posted:

Ghetto-rear end burger on mrs. bairds bread. Fuckin lame.

I'm talking about the clam pizza.