Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hamsauce666
Apr 11, 2018

5. Dragon's Dogma 2

Finished up my first playthrough with the true ending. What a loving awesome game. Excellent combat, fun character mechanics, tons of weird and cool ludonarrative poo poo... basically the perfect action RPG package. I'm certain I missed a few questlines and I want to max out all vocations, so I'm definitely going to be going back for NG+ after a break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

another crab's treasure

crab sekiro is a good game, there are definitely points that couldve used more polish but theres great enemy and boss variety, and the combat feels great. actually wish there was some more platforming and use of the shell roll, because when you gain some speed you shoot forward like a Goron in MM and they couldve done a lot more w/ this, but its just a way to get around larger areas quickly.

solid B+, if theres some kind of major content update or dlc I'll check it out

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
1. Arcade Archives: Mystic Warriors (Nintendo Switch, Spyros 1CC, 646k points)
2. Sega Tetris (1998, Dreamcast, 1CC)
3. Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney (Trilogy version)
4. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies (Trilogy version)
5. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Spirit of Justice (Trilogy version)
6. Gradius III (SNES, Hard difficulty, 1CC, reached 2-2)

no-missed to the last checkpoint and then shed a ton of lives, but managed to squeeze by. Arcade difficulty next...?

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

jesus, that's impressive. maybe i just find SHMUPS hard but the NES ones I got through made me want to scream, lol

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

I played gradius on my friends psp and really liked it. not sure which one it was

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Gradius ftw

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012
Gradius III is awesome but I always died one million times once it got to the fast stage, because I either powered up my speed too much or too little :frogbon:

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i grab 2 speeds from the beginning and keep that for the rest of the game, but on some checkpoint recoveries i'll only do 1 to start cuz i need the weapons asap

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Queen's Wish 2 - The Tormentor

Throwback CRPG by Spiderweb Software. You're the prince of the big dick kingdom and your mom sends you to a vassal state to address grievances and prevent a full scale rebellion.

They have been trying to get more creative with the encounter design, and there were some really clever ones in this game, but some dungeons were absolute aids.

I think he nailed the reputation system in this game- in some of his other ones a single number gets tracked that represents how much you like slavery or whatever. In this case, you got tracked on how much the vassals like you, how much the queen likes you, and how merciless you were. In the end, all the vassals liked me and the rebellion was very small, but everyone at court thought I was a soft idiot so nothing I promised the vassals actually got done.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

37) dancing furby (game boy color, cleared dance mode on all difficulties)

if i may be allowed a mamkute moment here. surprisingly decent. i've played much much worse rhythm games, and recently

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lmfao

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Gradius III is absolutely wild in how much it slows down on the SNES but hell, it needs it

What was your loadout

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
hawk wind/vertical/twin laser/f. option/reduce/full barrier

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
i was going to try to do a standard type but ive spoiled myself

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

absolutely anything posted:

if i may be allowed a mamkute moment here. surprisingly decent. i've played much much worse rhythm games, and recently

how did this come about

Leadthumb
Mar 24, 2006

lmao

PS this post is impervious to Flames because of the flame proofer. :)

Major Isoor
Mar 23, 2011

hahahaha excellent! :D

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

lmao good work

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

mycophobia posted:

hawk wind/vertical/twin laser/f. option/reduce/full barrier

/L/ratio/cope/seethe/malding

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

/L/ratio/cope/seethe/malding

In Training
Jun 28, 2008