Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Rubber Chicken posted:

If I choose Applebee's will I be forced to drink pepsi like a filthy peasant?

Can we get some a Chili's up here instead?

listen, sometimes you get the apples, sometimes you get the bees, learn to live with the positives in youre life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I grew up poor so I wanted to make sure my daughter always got the things I never could. Applebees every week.

EVERY. GODAMN. WEEK.

I could have sworn she said she was allergic to beef too.

Invalid Validation fucked around with this message at 04:19 on May 4, 2024

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer
Applebee's every week is nuts lol. I didn't catch that part.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

STING 64 posted:

you have won a reward challenge. you can either have survivor pizza for yourself or applebees for you and friends. what do you choose, goon?

I would rather eat my own poo poo than roll the dice with Survivor pizza

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

wilderthanmild posted:

Applebee's every week is nuts lol. I didn't catch that part.

She said she got it with her daughter every week, right after yoga. Just an unbelievable lack of self-awareness.

10/10 episode btw, they should put the freakout scene in the Louvre with Parvati reading that note and “thank you, Jeffrey”.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Why is that not self-aware

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Poque posted:

Why is that not self-aware

It’s the yoga. I feel bad for Liz to a certain degree and I’d probably be pretty drat upset if I hadn’t eaten that long too but her whole situation reeked of entitled white lady.

fps_nug
Feb 21, 2021

horsing around no longer
I seriously wonder how many of you have actually been hungry

fps_nug
Feb 21, 2021

horsing around no longer
Ive never had applebees that's what I meant by that

fps_nug fucked around with this message at 07:36 on May 4, 2024

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

ApplesandOranges posted:

Reddit is weird because a not insignificant portion are calling Ben a terrible person for thinking Q is a bully.

Honestly I think internet people don’t deserve Survivor anymore.

Off all the contestants on all of the seasons, Ben is probably last on the "possibly a bully" list

Twitter at least seems to hate Boston Rob, but the consensus is Gabler should come back, so basically the same difference

fadam posted:

It's relatively rare, right? We've seen dozens of people just as poor off as Liz manage to lose something they wanted and then not lose their poo poo about it.

I don't think there's anything wrong with being emotional, but having a temper tantrum about it is pretty obnoxious and shouldn't have any place in a competition imo. Makes things super awkward for Q.

I don't think there's been anyone who has been as poor off, though, at least in the new era. We've had people with low amounts of food but not that had absolutely nothing to eat for days. Especially at this point, since this is the first time they've turned down rice negotiations.

I do agree that the next day stuff about not regretting it is embarrassing. But awkward for Q? Dude has been making everyone else feel awkward the whole season. I don't think he's self-aware enough to feel awkward

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007
Doing yoga and going to dinner at a chain restaurant with your child every week? loving entitled white women, am I right goons?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Invalid Validation posted:

I grew up poor so I wanted to make sure my daughter always got the things I never could. Applebees every week.

EVERY. GODAMN. WEEK.

I could have sworn she said she was allergic to beef too.

She said she was allergic to a lot of things, but she can eat beef.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I just think it’s made up. It’s a very silly thing to say.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

RandomHodge posted:

Doing yoga and going to dinner at a chain restaurant with your child every week? loving entitled white women, am I right goons?

*looks at Liz's voting history*
concerning

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

I just think it’s made up. It’s a very silly thing to say.

I feel like willingly not eating anything that other people are eating for at least two weeks is a lot for something made up.

It doesn't mean that she couldn't be a hypochondriac or exaggerating the severity of intolerances, it's just that it's better to err on the side of caution, and some people do have the bad luck of draw with intolerances.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Rubber Chicken posted:

Ah yes that huge multinational chain with 1500+ restaurants in 49 US states

Everybody obviously hates it

Yes. This is a hate-filled world and we will consume it in many forms.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ApplesandOranges posted:

I feel like willingly not eating anything that other people are eating for at least two weeks is a lot for something made up.

It doesn't mean that she couldn't be a hypochondriac or exaggerating the severity of intolerances, it's just that it's better to err on the side of caution, and some people do have the bad luck of draw with intolerances.

She mentioned in a confessional that eating those things causes her throat to close up which sounds like an allergic reaction to me

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

ApplesandOranges posted:

No i think the Applebees story is made up.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Jeff now requires every accepted applicant to take a picture with the same child actor at an Applebees in Los Angeles.

one of them will actually be used in the season storyline

Yea that makes much more sense than “woman who grew up poor now wants to be able to splurge on a reliable weekly meal out as a means of treating and bonding with her daughter”

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Also, we are running >>Big Brother<< as a forum game this year, it's one of our most ambitious efforts yet, if you think you'd ever be good at Survivor or Big Brother, come give it a shot! You could even win a free Applebee's dinner on us!

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

Liz meltdown was legitimately uncomfortable

Love Charlie and Maria running this poo poo

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I dislike Liz and think her reaction was very obnoxious but it’s weird that people can’t just accept that she visits Applebees with her kid or has food allergies. Like how she deals with these things or talks about them is one thing. But she’s probably not like whatshisname just making up dead grandmas. She probably just likes Applebees.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024

STAC Goat posted:

I dislike Liz and think her reaction was very obnoxious but it’s weird that people can’t just accept that she visits Applebees with her kid or has food allergies. Like how she deals with these things or talks about them is one thing. But she’s probably not like whatshisname just making up dead grandmas. She probably just likes Applebees.

The whole thing is rigged! All actors! Applebee's Deepfakes!

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

No i think the Applebees story is made up.

Why? It's not like they even do it all year, they do it when survivor's on. It's a tradition for them. People go to the same restaurants, diners, etc all the time.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I buy it's a thing she does. Her outburst was great, this is 100% what I want, people actually giving a poo poo and being emotionally invested in some way. I think next episode would be a fun pecking order challenge, haven't seen one of those in a while.

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah this thread has taken a serious turn for the weird since this episode, we’re nearing Reddit territory

disjoe
Feb 18, 2011

Is there seriously an Applebees conspiracy now? Like Applebees and Jeff are in the position of telling people “you’re going to fake a backstory and look crazy in front of America so we can sell more burgers” and the contestant just goes along with that? I can totally believe she just goes to Applebees with her kid, even if that doesn’t fit her “I make so much money you have no idea, men can’t even handle it” persona.

But if it’s all made up clickbait then that’s even funnier somehow.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

SteveVizsla posted:

Why? It's not like they even do it all year, they do it when survivor's on. It's a tradition for them. People go to the same restaurants, diners, etc all the time.

I guess the real question is do you think she started that because she saw the previous Applebees episode?

RandomHodge
Jul 5, 2007
I think the real question is why on earth would anyone care?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Her business is basically an email pyramid scheme so I’m just gonna assume she lies about everything except how rich she is.

Rubber Chicken
Mar 13, 2024
I'm very sure Applebee's wanted a mortifying meltdown by a boastful weirdo as part of their latest ad campaign

All part of the plan

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

disjoe posted:

Is there seriously an Applebees conspiracy now? Like Applebees and Jeff are in the position of telling people “you’re going to fake a backstory and look crazy in front of America so we can sell more burgers” and the contestant just goes along with that? I can totally believe she just goes to Applebees with her kid, even if that doesn’t fit her “I make so much money you have no idea, men can’t even handle it” persona.

But if it’s all made up clickbait then that’s even funnier somehow.

Well I was cracking jokes but

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

An Applebee's burger during the Survivor auction, and Q outbids her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
If I got cast on Survivor I would talk about how much I liked Applebees and then say how my favorite thing on their menu was the chicken parm they got rid of like 10 years ago and I'd weave it into every strategy conversation so they couldn't edit it out completely and Applebees would be forced to bring it back.