Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
All this because Joe wants to run cover for genocidal Israelis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Yeah sure, fine, maybe after all of the medical research projects, vaccine clinics in underserved areas in the US and abroad, and partner programs with universities in the developing world are done. Otherwise gently caress university admins and people who exist only to make sure donors fee-fees aren’t hurt and the endowments are replenished.

I had a low opinion of my university admins as they didn’t seem to do anything. Then friends became professors and I realized how much worse it is when they’re refusing to allow minor punishments for flagrant plagiarism if the student is paying full ticket price, not processing critical benefit paperwork, or sending out multiple emails a day about how the university stands on current events when no one asked.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

Platystemon posted:

They’re so bad at this.

They’re alienating everyone. The Tom Cotton types are not going to love them back.

They're not bad at this, this is what they want. There's no platonic ideal of university administrators who want open debate and learning, their goal is to protect the reputations of the people who give them money. And since the money is overwhelmingly pro-imperialism that will always be the position of people in power.

It feels conspiratorial to type out, but the the people who raise funds for universities are beholden to the same people who own our arms dealers. There's no realistic way to make them take the moral high ground instead of the stance that dumps literal billions into weapons manufacturers as long as that's true.

AreWeDrunkYet fucked around with this message at 06:51 on May 1, 2024

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

My niece got arrested at Emerson in Boston this weekend. her first arrest.

Man if you don't get arrested in college you didn't do undergrad right. :c00l:

facialimpediment posted:

Interesting statement from the Emerson President here: https://today.emerson.edu/2024/04/2...king%20arrests.

tl;dr it was the city escalating things there and the college isn't going to punish any students, sent staff to all the precincts, and bailed students out

Unironically good for them. Now those kids have a bragging rights story.

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums
Meanwhile, Columbia actin like Columbus (I mean it's right there in the name)

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

AreWeDrunkYet posted:

It feels conspiratorial to type out, but the the people who raise funds for universities are beholden to the same people who own our arms dealers. There's no realistic way to make them take the moral high ground instead of the stance that dumps literal billions into weapons manufacturers as long as that's true.

It's literally a textbook conspiracy yes. This is the real bullshit illuminati that runs the world. Just guys hoping to kill the bad poor who don't consume their poo poo.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

My niece got arrested at Emerson in Boston this weekend. her first arrest.

Does she need bail? I don’t feel bad donating towards bailing out protestor.

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Isn’t it just collusion is if it’s not trying to be kept secret? I feel like there is a better word than conspiracy for how universities and endowments work to influence imperial fuckery

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!
I would call it "Blue Falcons in $5000 suits."

We've been governed by greedy sociopaths for at least 90% of the last century.
This is just "business as usual" to them, only now it's happening in places the average American can pronounce and possibly even find on a map.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

M_Gargantua posted:

Does she need bail? I don’t feel bad donating towards bailing out protestor.

I feel that this is an important point to clarify.

Does she need bail money?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

i was up early so i made the new CE thread

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

The future is scary because a lot of bad poo poo is on the horizon. I don't want to go in to it so I'll just stay right here OK?

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

bird food bathtub posted:

The future is scary because a lot of bad poo poo is on the horizon. I don't want to go in to it so I'll just stay right here OK?

:hmmyes: many are saying this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Lake of Methane posted:

Doesn't the US have a whole mess of laws that functionally make it impossible to boycott or divest business interests in Israel?

I recall there were people in Texas seeking federal aid after a hurricane, and one of the requirements was a certify that they would not engage in any BDS activities.

Lol