Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

empty sea posted:

I miss Jeyne. Has Grey Wind growled at Talisa? I need to know the status of Grey Wind. Dire wolf cockblocking y/n?
Special effects are expensive, so we haven't seen Grey Wind since he disemboweled the guys talking about how Loras stabs Renly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

empty sea posted:

I'm still completely loving confused about the Talisa/Jeyne thing. All I know is that Robb will make the worst loving decision possible. Talisa has a great sob story that makes Robb's bedroom eyes glisten with desire, but I dunno about those hips, girl.

I miss Jeyne. Has Grey Wind growled at Talisa? I need to know the status of Grey Wind. Dire wolf cockblocking y/n?

Don't the wolves sorta represent the id or something? So growling at her might mean "bitch, let's gently caress"?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Westeros.org posted:

Ive a theory that Ive not seen discussed yet...

What if ned stark did have a bastard, but Jon Snow isnt him. R+L=J could be true, but the promise Ned made to Lyanna was to swap them and raise Jon as his own, leaving his own bastard to be raised somewhere else. He could well have had a bastard with Ashara Dayne or whoever else and that kid is still knocking around somewhere.

Let me put it another way: if Ned Stark had a bastard other than Jon, who best fits the bill? Assuming Ned left the kid somewhere near the tower of joy when he rescued Jon, theres one candidate I can think of who's from that neck of the woods and who's broody like a stark and who's lineage is a mystery: 'Darkstar' Gerold Dayne. Also, if he is Ned's bastard, perhaps he knows it - Ive not seen any better reason for Darkstar to want to harm Myrcella than vengeance on the lannisters for dear ol' dad.

From here. Oh god I want this to be so true now :allears:

Colonel Pancreas
Jun 17, 2004

I'm really sad that Arya and Tywin are no longer going to be having their tableside chats. Those were definitely the highlight of this season for me.

Qhorin better not go down like a bitch. I loved the way they visualized the plan in this episode, and I get the impression that Qhorin is PISSED about John's fuckup. The "you gotta kill me, dude," and resultant fight scene had better pay off.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Pretty sure *~xXx_DaRkStAr_xXx~* isn't 15.

Colonel Pancreas
Jun 17, 2004

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Pretty sure *~xXx_DaRkStAr_xXx~* isn't 15.

Justin Bieber will play the Darkstar.

Also, Talisa's butt was nice, but show me Ygritte's boobs, dammit. I am the Wildcards %.

It really is a nice bridge, though.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Tony Danza Claus posted:

Not really. Horse poo poo is grassy and firm.

Dany's danys are watery.

gently caress you. Just...gently caress you for reminding me of mucking :negative:

empty sea posted:

I'm still completely loving confused about the Talisa/Jeyne thing. All I know is that Robb will make the worst loving decision possible. Talisa has a great sob story that makes Robb's bedroom eyes glisten with desire, but I dunno about those hips, girl.

She gets pregnant, he marries her to avoid the shame of bastardry. Only way that makes sense.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset

JustFrakkingDoIt posted:

Don't the wolves sorta represent the id or something? So growling at her might mean "bitch, let's gently caress"?

With Jeyne, Cat took it to mean she wasn't to be trusted or some prophetic nonsense of dooooom. It's Cat, though, so yeah.

I'm just happy ~~My Gendry~~ was in last night's episode. Not that we got to see him in all his grimy, shirtless glory of course. And my view of Robb's delightful abs was blocked by his stupid clothing and Talisa's rear end of vow-breaking. For shame, HBO.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Hahaha, expecting more fanservice to fans of men. This is an adaptation of GRRM's work, after all.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The Jon/Ygritte sex scene is going to kick so much rear end.

Although I will distracted from Kit abs because you know Kit won't close his mouth, and Ygritte won't keep her tongue out of her lower lip.

Them kissing will be odd because they both have such annoying mouth quirks to overcome.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Chunk posted:

It's not a ten year old plot twist if someone is only watching the show or reading the books because of the show, there's no need to be an antagonistic dick about it.

edit: considering your defense is just picking on his lack of commas it sounds like he has you pegged.

That's pretty much most, if not all of the thread so just realize that.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
We haven't spoiled anybody in ages.

Oh, you meant being antagonistic dicks. Yeah, you've got us there.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
drat those wildling cloaks look loving rad, Rattleshirt looks like a fat chump (though he kind of is, compared to Tormund Longdick), and Jon is such a bitch its kind of hilarious. Also its hard to care about Robb since he's going to die anyway.

Oh and LAMPREY PIE.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Rattleshirt looks more badass than I pictured him in the books. Wasn't he just a scrawny chump?

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I imagined his boners a lot bigger

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Blind Sally posted:

Rattleshirt looks more badass than I pictured him in the books. Wasn't he just a scrawny chump?
I thought the same thing, or at least that he's scrawny under all those bones.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
I imagined him as a scrawny reject that couldn't make it into the uruk hai, with tarkin cheeks

Randallteal
May 7, 2006

The tears of time
Friend of mine has been reading the books since the first season finished. I wasn't really following her progress, and then she texted this to me out of the blue today:

:j: oh poo poo oh poo poo they killed all of them
:v: lol
:j: not robb why why?
:v: Did you get to the part where they sew the wolf's head on to him?
:j: Yes.

That's three friends I've introduced to the books, and three great red wedding experiences. ASOIAF is a pyramid scheme of misery. :devil:

Randallteal fucked around with this message at 08:31 on May 22, 2012

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Poor Robb. After the Red Wedding, everyone immediately associates him with having his wolf's head sewn onto him. I guess that's what happens when you're an honorable idiot, son of honorable idiot.

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
It sucks that we don't get to witness it happen. In the books at least. I just look forward to Grey Wrobb resurrected as a fire wight taking back Winterfell and reclaiming his biutifuru Jeinu-chan and siring a litter of semi-wolfen pupchildren.

Rurik
Mar 5, 2010

Thief
Warrior
Gladiator
Grand Prince
After having finished Abercrombie's The Heroes, I started GRRM's Dreamsongs book 2 (hadn't found book 1) anywhere. I read halfway through A Beast for Norn before I realized I don't really care. Somehow GRRM's prose feels like watery poo poo or something after Abercrombie. I read how cool that Tuf guy is just sitting there all big and something drinking beer and went all UGH. It was like reading a 12-year-old's writing about a cool character.

So what I'm asking, is there anything besides The Hedge Knight worth reading in that book?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Urdnot Fire posted:

Poor Robb. After the Red Wedding, everyone immediately associates him with having his wolf's head sewn onto him. I guess that's what happens when you're an honorable idiot, son of honorable idiot.

Grandson of another honorable idiot (Ned's father showing up for a trial by combat with the champion of Aerys Targaryen).

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Rurik posted:

is there anything worth reading

No. GURRRRM corrupts everything it touches, which is why the TV show has a few bright spots here and there; a few pristine original scenes untainted by Ser Shitdick.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Randallteal posted:

Friend of mine has been reading the books since the first season finished. I wasn't really following her progress, and then she texted this to me out of the blue today:

:j: oh poo poo oh poo poo they killed all of them
:v: lol
:j: not robb why why?
:v: Did you get to the part where they sew the wolf's head on to him?
:j: Yes.

That's three friends I've introduced to the books, and three great red wedding experiences. ASOIAF is a pyramid scheme of misery. :devil:

My mum read the Red Wedding scene today too. She wasn't that shocked by it though, I think she's come to expect stuff like that from GRRM.

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson
My friend passed out for a few hours while listening to the audiobook and woke up during the red wedding, lol

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Xiahou Dun posted:

The picture has one of the 80's toys. Might be Pinky Pie or whatever, I have no clue : I've seen one episode and those fuckers are color-coded, which is pretty annoying for the colorblind dude. All I know is it ain't the dragon fucker or whatever.

Also, he's apparently pissy :

:qq: :qq: Why did someone spoil me on a 10 year old plot twist :qq: :qq:

\/\/\/\/\/You don't really get this thread, do you?

The bad thread is back! Hooray!

So, is season two really lovely? I haven't seen it yet, as I'm waiting for it to air in Norway, so I can watch it with my girlfriend, who hasn't read the books.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Anders posted:

So, is season two really lovely?
It's more of the same I think.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
It's got ups and downs, the new scenes are usually the best of the week, but sometimes they make really weird decisions, like having Catelyn release Jaime without knowing about Bran and Rickon (instead Jaime's about to be lynched by Karstark).

Rape Jake.
Feb 23, 2012

by T. Mascis
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=403844824

What was this dude probated for?

Also this post owns:

Prorat posted:

Forgive me, but this is a stupid post. You do know there is more to acting then what you described here right? There is more layers to Tyrion and acting in general then being able to sum it up with quippy and grim. Also, not to put words in other peoples mouths but we don't want to hear about what you thought of the books. Also, you just used past tense when describing Theon like he still isn't apart of the on going series, implying that hes dead up to your point in reading the books, so thanks for the spoiler rear end in a top hat.

Like someone said before this is the only place on the internet that isn't full of spoilers and dumbasses. Every time one of you start of a sentence "this isnt a spoiler but" YOU ARE SPOILING IT.

I apologize for liking this show so god drat much.

Rape Jake. fucked around with this message at 12:24 on May 22, 2012

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
I believe he's the dude who mentioned the Bloody Mummers and explained them when they hadn't shown up in the show. Probated because they're not huge spoilers.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Greatbacon posted:

Wouldn't you be excited if a song about a bear raping a maiden were socially acceptable?

(That is what the song is about right? I sort of skimmed over that part cause songs in fantasy books give me gas.)

:aaa: Tormund Giantsbane is the Maiden Fair

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

As much as I'm gonna miss the Arya/Tywin chats, I was glad to see Tywin leave Harrenhal. All of the characters treat Tywin like he's this super intelligent and calculating guy, but all we ever see him do is eat and hit on twelve year olds.

...poo poo, Tywin's another GRRM-insert, isn't he?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Known GRRM Mary Sues:

1. Littlefinger - super smart and intelligent and smart, in love with little girl, :emo:

2. Sandor Clegane - big and strong, ugly on the outside, in love with little girl, :emo:

3. Jaime Lannister - wowee, the most awesomest but misunderstood guy ever, in love with sister, :emo:

4. Strong Belwas - a fat man famed for his bowel movements, :black101:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
5. Wyman Manderly, fat and smart

6. Ilyrio Mopatis, hugely fat and smart

7. Yezzan zo Qaggaz (Yellow Whale), immensely, immobilely obese and reeks of urine

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 14:34 on May 22, 2012

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The most obvious one will be the Stephen King's Van character in WOW.

A fat knight will get shitdick from loving his wife and his squire.

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson

This is the face I make when someone gets spoiled.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Jorah's another GRRM insert for being an ugly old hairy Nice Guy who lusts after a little girl who reminds him of his gold-digging ex. I'm not sure whether Brogo and ~Daario~ count for actually butt-loving said little girl or whether they're just jocks.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Anal Tributary posted:

From here. Oh god I want this to be so true now :allears:

Bullshit, Darkstar is the true song of R + L and is the Prince who was Promised and Azor rear end in a top hat reborn and the one true king who will defeat The Others and ride all 3 dragons at the same time and gently caress Dany every way a man can and will finally bring balance to the force. Jon Snow was a big red herring and I'm glad he's dead.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Urgh, the show's really going down the pan now. They just don't have the time (or money I guess) to do anything justice. The best we're getting is like, one scene (e.g. Brienne and Jaime), that's essentially a super-condensed, abridged approximation of the relationships and events in the books, while hitting the important plot points like 'Sam finds obsidian'.

And gently caress what they did to Arya's whole storyline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
You're losing focus. Arya's storyline is shorter, which means less time needed to get to the Red Wedding. The only storyline that we should cheer being fleshed out is Robb, Robb getting naked, Robb being happy, Robb winning, generally anything that increases the viewers (re: girls) fandom of Robb and Robb related happenings and the impact of his poo poo getting wrecked. Everything else is icing on a lemoncake that should hurry up and get to the fireworks factory.