Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Dorkstar~ should be played by Sephiroth.

Literally the lovely play station 1 rendering.

Because Oberyn being a bald ripoff of Inigo Montoya is only slightly less obvious than Dorkstar~ being a ripoff of Sephiroth. And I never even played those god drat games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

^^^Arthur "Sword of the Morning" Dayne.

Not the Bad Thread's beloved ~~~~~DARKSTAR~~~~~~

It's one of those "who can beat who" things.

It's generally regarded that the God Tier of swordsmen is SotM Dayne, Barristan, Eddard*, Jaime, and some others.

(*theorized, but him and Howland Reed threw down Dayne and two other kingsguard, and regular grunt troops, and generally just mowed people down without much effort all through Bob's Rebellion)

Ned mentions that Dayne and Barristan were his idols as swordsmen. So it's assumed even with Ned/Howland in the god tier, it took both to bring down Dayne.

So, using nerd logic, Dayne must have been the best ever.

I kinda figured that Ned was always just kinda above-average, and just kinda lucked into surviving because five other, better swordsmen were gave their lives for his. Plus Howland Reed, 5'0" Retiarius (maybe?)warg.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Dorkstar~ should be played by Sephiroth.

Literally the lovely play station 1 rendering.

Because Oberyn being a bald ripoff of Inigo Montoya is only slightly less obvious than Dorkstar~ being a ripoff of Sephiroth. And I never even played those god drat games.

I thought Rhaegar was Sephiroth. He had long stupid white hair before Sephiroth made it a requirement in every anime ever. And I'm p sure at some point Rhaegar fought a spikey-haired blonde guy with a cartoonishly giant sword while they cut themselves listening to Mindless Self Indulgence.

Contra Calculus fucked around with this message at 20:03 on Jun 10, 2012

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Dorne is really loving dumb in AFFC, it either needs to be cut or given some content.

I don't agree in the slightest. It was one of the more fascinating parts of AFFC.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Contra Calculus posted:

I thought Rhaegar was Sephiroth. He had long stupid white hair before Sephiroth made it a requirement in every anime ever. And I'm p sure at some point Rhaegar fought a spikey-haired blonde guy with a cartoonishly giant sword while they cut themselves listening to Mindless Self Indulgence.

But DARKSTAR~ has that black hair streak and is also all moody and stuff.

Rhaegar is just a pretty boy that plays a harp and has sex with Stark women.

lobotomy molo
May 7, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ambiguatron posted:

A Lightbringer, not the Lightbringer. I'm operating under the assumption now that prophecies of that nature are as garbled and unrelated to actual events as stories and songs are to the events that inspired them. The Azor Ahai story and prophecy is about people discovering that swords made out of Valyrian steel can kill the Others. The idea of one person wielding one sword and turning back a whole army is absurd.

Maybe that's why noone can forge Valyrian steel anymore–not because some super secret forging knowledge was lost during the Doom, but because you need to quench the steel with blood sacrifice.

Huh.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Jon Snow, the secret Starkgaryen

Stargaryen

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Dead Man Posting posted:

Jon Snow, the secret Starkgaryen

Stargaryen
Stargaryen... Dorkstar's true parentage is revealed! Ned swapped him for Ashara's son Jon!

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

Fly Molo posted:

Maybe that's why noone can forge Valyrian steel anymore–not because some super secret forging knowledge was lost during the Doom, but because you need to quench the steel with blood sacrifice.

Huh.

You mean apart from that armourer guy who makes two swords out of Ice? Admittedly, he may have quenched them in his apprentice or something, GRRM did not write of it either way.

Midnight-
Aug 22, 2007

Pain or damage don't end the world, or despair, or fuckin' beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man - and give some back.

rejutka posted:

You mean apart from that armourer guy who makes two swords out of Ice? Admittedly, he may have quenched them in his apprentice or something, GRRM did not write of it either way.

He just reforged what he was given. He didn't make new Valyrian steel.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

rejutka posted:

Reforge isn't the same as forge. If it had been, Tywin wouldn't have needed ice in the first place.

Also, Jon Stargayen foreshadows more sibling fondling.

:fap:

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20

Fly Molo posted:

Huh.

Given the bits and pieces we've learned of Valyria it wouldn't surprise me if they lined up slaves to stab them with their still hot blades from the forge.

Midnight- posted:

He just reforged what he was given. He didn't make new Valyrian steel.

He spoke of "knowing the spells" involving reforging Valyrian steel. Not everyone can just do it.

Also there must be some magic component to it. If it was just folding the metal over and over it would lose its special qualities when it was broken down and re-forged, and a sword that never loses its edge, even if you bang it on rocks because you don't want to chop off the cute redhead's head, is impossible.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Anders posted:

Reforge isn't the same as forge. If it had been, Tywin wouldn't have needed ice in the first place.

Also, Jon Stargayen foreshadows more sibling fondling.

:fap:

Zombie-Jon fondling his younger aunt, Dany is just... I don't even know. Seeing as how Targs regularly had siblings loving each other and Jaime and Cersei doing it regularly, somehow necrophilia+incest doesn't even faze me at this point.

gently caress you GRRM. You've basically broken me so bad that when I see incest in books now, I'm just going to go "meh." gently caress you so much. I should be grossed out and reviled, but nope. Your shitdick has been shoved so far down my throat that I don't even give a gently caress anymore.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Contra Calculus posted:

Zombie-Jon fondling his younger aunt, Dany is just... I don't even know. Seeing as how Targs regularly had siblings loving each other and Jaime and Cersei doing it regularly, somehow necrophilia+incest doesn't even faze me at this point.

gently caress you GRRM. You've basically broken me so bad that when I see incest in books now, I'm just going to go "meh." gently caress you so much. I should be grossed out and reviled, but nope. Your shitdick has been shoved so far down my throat that I don't even give a gently caress anymore.
hot

I could agree with this

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Contra Calculus posted:

WILD CARDS

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

Anders posted:

You know nothing, captain mediocre.

(Are you talking bout Arthur, Sword of the Morning Dayne, or Dorkstar 'dRizZt' Dayne?)

Ah I actually meant Darkstar. I guess having read his wiki character page I can kinda see the whole anime hair thing pulling people in but I maintain he is possibly one of the least memorable characters in the books.

He did cut off a little girl's ear, but its not like anyone gives a poo poo about Myrcella either way really is it.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
There's a very high chance that someone out there is masturbating to the entirety of this thread.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Captain Mediocre posted:

Ah I actually meant Darkstar. I guess having read his wiki character page I can kinda see the whole anime hair thing pulling people in but I maintain he is possibly one of the least memorable characters in the books.

He did cut off a little girl's ear, but its not like anyone gives a poo poo about Myrcella either way really is it.

That's...that's the point. He's just offensively anime and built up...and then he cuts off a little girl's ear and fucks off, never to be seen again.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

You all think you're so smart calling out the future Jon/Dany incest, but that's just a red herring. Jon is going to marry Sansa. GRRM knows this, I have seen it in his eyes.

Also Sam will marry her at some point, to complete the cycle of GRRM self inserts lying with her. Three heads of the dragon.

You cannot hide you perversions from me, old man. I have powerful sorcery.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Contra Calculus posted:

There's a very high chance that someone out there is masturbating to the entirety of this thread.

Allow me to put your mind at ease...

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

I do not masturbate. I am masturbation.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I am GRRM.

Long have I read your threads. And now I reveal myself to you.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Contra Calculus posted:

I am always masturbating to this thread. Like literally all the time. I have to use dictation software to shitpost because it's impossible to type while jackin it unless you don't fist yourself with the other hand and what would be the point if you didn't?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

IRQ posted:

I am always masturbating to this thread. Like literally all the time. I have to use dictation software to shitpost because it's impossible to type while jackin it unless you don't fist yourself with the other hand and what would be the point if you didn't?

You should probably invest in a Bad Dragontm dildo so you can free up a hand for punching yourself in the face. It really completes the experience.

Captain Mediocre
Oct 14, 2005

Saving lives and money!

whowhatwhere posted:

That's...that's the point. He's just offensively anime and built up...and then he cuts off a little girl's ear and fucks off, never to be seen again.

I see. I think I'm beginning to get all this.

Also, has the series shown any of the crazy rainbow hair characters yet?

I seriously cannot wait to see Daario et al come on screen with neon blue and purple hair like pencil-top trolls to see what the audience of this otherwise muted medieval setting make of it. Even just reading the description of one of those characters for the first time made me put the book down for a minute and think about how really loving dumb it was.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I have a Bad Dragon dildo hooked up to a Sybian I ride while shitposting in this thread.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Jun 11, 2012

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Captain Mediocre posted:

I seriously cannot wait to see Daario et al come on screen with neon blue and purple hair like pencil-top trolls to see what the audience of this otherwise muted medieval setting make of it. Even just reading the description of one of those characters for the first time made me put the book down for a minute and think about how really loving dumb it was.

If you pay attention the description of the Mereen chapters, it's obvious that GRRM is loving with us. Everything is so thoroughly ridiculous. Sculpting your hair into horns is one thing, but sculpting said hair into a god drat naked lady or a griffon is quite another. Then you're got the wildly colored hair and an army of slaves that fight on loving stilts.

It's like those passages in American Psycho where if you pay attention to the tedious descriptions of clothing and actually know what the articles of clothing described look like, everyone is dressing like a multicolored clown.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
Well now "Bad Dragon Dildo" is in my google history and now I know what it is. I hate being an internet virgin sometimes because poo poo like this happens.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

Captain Mediocre posted:

What would Daario wear?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Contra Calculus posted:

Well now "Bad Dragon Dildo" is in my google history and now I know what it is. I hate being an internet virgin sometimes because poo poo like this happens.

The forums are the best part.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Captain Mediocre posted:

Ambiguatron posted:

If you pay attention the description of the Mereen chapters, it's obvious that GRRM is loving with us. Everything is so thoroughly ridiculous. Sculpting your hair into horns is one thing, but sculpting said hair into a god drat naked lady or a griffon is quite another. Then you're got the wildly colored hair and an army of slaves that fight on loving stilts.

Ahem: http://pinsndls.com/2012/02/01/le-pouf-fashion-and-social-satire-in-the-1770s-1780s/

e: also this actually existed:

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

After listening to the F Plus episode on Bad Dragon, I definitely do not want it in my history.

This is the tumblr of Wild Cards.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

I am GRRM.

Long have I read your threads. And now I reveal myself to you.

I cry foul, because GRRM would never participate in shutting down a jailbait subreddit :colbert:

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

whowhatwhere posted:

I cry foul, because GRRM would never participate in shutting down a jailbait subreddit :colbert:
GRRM's all about the long con. Just look at ASOIAF.

Greatbacon
Apr 9, 2012

by Pragmatica

Urdnot Fire posted:

GRRM's all about the long con. Just look at ASOIAF.

Tyrion 'The GRRM' Lannister posted:

"I have never liked you, [Something Awful], but you were my own [fans] so I never did you harm. You've ended that. I will hurt you for this. I don't know how yet, but give me time. A day will come when you think yourself safe and happy, and suddenly your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth, and you'll know the debt is paid"
From "A Clash of Kings" in response to /r/jailbait being shut down

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson

Greatbacon posted:

From "A Clash of Kings" in response to /r/jailbait being shut down

TDC is probated, it has begun :ohdear:

The Slippery Nipple
Mar 27, 2010

Jesus Christ this is amazing.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

The Mutato posted:

tbh when has he not been probated lately? That new avatar/user name is too glorious for extended posting sessions. Also I think there is a nation in Wheel of Time that has wild dyed hair as well. And Hunger Games, but thats more to be ridiculous rather than "if my pirate has a literal Blue Beard that makes him super saiyan sexy, right guys?!"

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

The Mutato posted:

What was his sig?

People still use sigs in 2003 2012?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
It's the full .gif from his avatar and the SOON picture with Sansa's actress.