Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson

geeves posted:

I was mugged at gunpoint in front of my home a few days ago.

All the rear end in a top hat asked for was my phone. Ignoring my camera and lens(??).

My response after I received my replacement phone should something like that happened again in the future was, of course, irrational:

Man that would be great fun at parties.

Change Theon's to "loses his dick" though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

The Mutato posted:

Man that would be great fun at parties.

Change Theon's to "loses his dick" though.

Done.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Or install one of those things that lets you track/remotely brick the phone.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

IRQ posted:

Alright, you're going to have to give the thread your lunch money now.

Not until I finish this poo poo! Okay folks, prepare for the biggest :goonsay: :spergin: this thread has seen in nearly a year:

h is height of tower
m is Bran's mass (39.46 kg)
v is Bran's final velocity as he hit the ground
g is acceleration due to gravity (9.8 m/s^2)
F is force that will prevent Bran from his shameful boners (55 * 10^6 N)
I want to solve for h.

Kinetic energy = 1/2 * m * v^2
KE is also F*h

so F * h = 1/2 * m * v^2

Now we need v and Bran's initial velocity for when he was witnessing incest was 0 m/s.

v = sqrt[0^2 + 2 * g * h]

So now, we have

F * h = 1/2 * m * (2 * g *h)

So... oh poo poo, this is impossible to do without the time it took for him to fall, goddammit. Okay, looks like I need to find the energy required to break the spine instead of the force required.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Paging Dr. Kylaer, please report to the Bad Thread. Dr. Kylaer to the Bad Thread. We require your medical expertise on the pressing subject of whether or not paraplegic ten-year-olds can have erections.

No.

:nyoron:

(I seem to recall a scene from Dance that describes Bran making GBS threads down Hodor's back, or at least the aftermath of same, so I don't think he has any control at that level. Also, Contra, your formula is incorrect, because the force required to cause a fracture in a vertebral body is not the same as the force of breaking a piece of idealized bone. Idealized bone. I think that's what Daaaaario~~ has, in Dany's mind)

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
If we ever have a bad thread goon meet I am going to swirly Contra so loving bad.

:toughguy:

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Kylaer posted:

(Contra, your formula is incorrect, because the force required to cause a fracture in a vertebral body is not the same as the force of breaking a piece of idealized bone. Idealized bone. I think that's what Daaaaario~~ has, in Dany's mind)

Ah poo poo, oh well. It didn't end up working out anyway. RIP Bran's shameful boner.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

If we ever have a bad thread goon meet I am going to swirly Contra so loving bad.

:toughguy:

It is known

Contra Calculus fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Jun 15, 2012

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Ezekiel 23:20
Bran shat down Hodor's back? I don't remember that scene, and I find it difficult to believe it exists because you aren't all going apeshit over it.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Ambiguatron posted:

Bran shat down Hodor's back? I don't remember that scene, and I find it difficult to believe it exists because you aren't all going apeshit over it.
Yeah, I'd think I'd remember that happening, even if it was from a Bran chapter in ADWD.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

gonna saddle my seahorse and float out to the sunset
Given that any scenes of spontaneous making GBS threads are emblazoned on all our minds and constantly talked about and even become what the character that shits is known for...
yeah, I'm betting that Bran never shat on anyone.

The Starks may be stupid but at least they have bowel control.

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

Assuming the hypothetical next volume comes out, what's the over-under on our leaning in Bran's sight that Rhaegar and Lyanna did it under a heart tree? Bonus points if she shoved her tits right in the weirwood's face and Bran thinks she's Arya and gets confused and wants Meera to sit on his lap but doesn't know why because no one ever explained such to him.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Under King Rickon, the Stark words will be changed to "We Do Not Shart."

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Under King Rickon, the Stark words will be changed to "We Do Not Shart."

"Hello, Clarice".

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

Ambiguatron posted:

"Hello, Clarice".

What about the nuts, Clarice? Can you still hear them cracking?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Ambiguatron posted:

"Hello, Clarice".

A common phrase, but not their actual words. :eng101:

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

A maester of the citadel once tried to test me. I ate his liver with some lamprey pie and a nice Arbor red.

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson

Contra Calculus posted:

Not until I finish this poo poo! Okay folks, prepare for the biggest :goonsay: :spergin: this thread has seen in nearly a year:

h is height of tower
m is Bran's mass (39.46 kg)
v is Bran's final velocity as he hit the ground
g is acceleration due to gravity (9.8 m/s^2)
F is force that will prevent Bran from his shameful boners (55 * 10^6 N)
I want to solve for h.

Kinetic energy = 1/2 * m * v^2
KE is also F*h

so F * h = 1/2 * m * v^2

Now we need v and Bran's initial velocity for when he was witnessing incest was 0 m/s.

v = sqrt[0^2 + 2 * g * h]

So now, we have

F * h = 1/2 * m * (2 * g *h)

So... oh poo poo, this is impossible to do without the time it took for him to fall, goddammit. Okay, looks like I need to find the energy required to break the spine instead of the force required.

Depends on the angle he lands as well, and the surface area of impact.

shady anachronism
Oct 14, 2006

Where's my goddamned milk?!

Do any of you fine goons happen to know what chapter (or whereabouts) the infamous Dani and Daario sex scene is? I don't want to read the whole book again, but I'd like to print that scene out and pin it to the wall as a reminder to myself of how never to write a sex scene.

empty sea
Jul 17, 2011

It'd be easier to just pin up a picture of GRRM in all his unholy glory. And then whenever you feel like writing a sex scene you can look at it and imagine him licking his glistening worm-like lips. Laughing his laugh. The way his deep-set eyes light up. The way the sweat dampens his brow.

You'd never write another sex scene again, my friend, much less write a bad one.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

shady anachronism posted:

Do any of you fine goons happen to know what chapter (or whereabouts) the infamous Dani and Daario sex scene is? I don't want to read the whole book again, but I'd like to print that scene out and pin it to the wall as a reminder to myself of how never to write a sex scene.

A quick google tells me Dany chapter 7 around page 564.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Dammit. A day or two ago the link to GRRMonparty worked, but now it's broken. Anybody have it?

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I am your queen and I demand a mereen steamer.

shady anachronism
Oct 14, 2006

rejutka posted:

A quick google tells me Dany chapter 7 around page 564.

You are a beautiful person. Thank you!

empty sea posted:

It'd be easier to just pin up a picture of GRRM in all his unholy glory. And then whenever you feel like writing a sex scene you can look at it and imagine him licking his glistening worm-like lips. Laughing his laugh. The way his deep-set eyes light up. The way the sweat dampens his brow.

You'd never write another sex scene again, my friend, much less write a bad one.

Alas, I cannot do this, as I wouldn't want to jeopardize my ability to write smut. However, in keeping with the spirit of ADWD I'm inclined to put up a picture of GRRM in my bathroom, so he can preside over poo poo.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

whowhatwhere posted:

Dammit. A day or two ago the link to GRRMonparty worked, but now it's broken. Anybody have it?

I haven't seen this, but... :fap:

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot

You are a beautiful person. Thank you!

You didn't post it. :(

Waffle Ho
Jul 29, 2004

What are they complaining about today? Fucking shithole of a city. Whining bastards, bitching about the trash or the crime or this or that.

whowhatwhere posted:

You mean you want her to be Margaery?

Worse, actually. How the gently caress did this thread get to 200 posts since I last went to work?

I just had an intense moral discussion with one of my relatives and realized that they are pure Stark. Sorry, Ma, but you guys are screwed.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Waffle Ho posted:

Worse, actually. How the gently caress did this thread get to 200 posts since I last went to work?

poo poo posting.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

IRQ posted:

poo poo posting.
In other words, the usual. Plus uncovering in which chapter Dany takes it up the butt.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Daenal.

Waffle Ho posted:

Worse, actually.

More devious than Margaery? :swoon: (in the same way I :swoon: for Littlefinger and used to for Varys before his insanity was revealed).

shady anachronism
Oct 14, 2006

rejutka posted:

You didn't post it. :(

Alright, here it is in all it's terrible glory:

An awful sex scene posted:

That night Daario had her in every way a man can have a woman, and she gave herself to him willingly. The last time, as the sun was coming up, she used her mouth to make him hard again, as Doreah had taught her long ago, then rode him so wildly that his wound began to bleed again, and for one sweet heartbeat she could not tell whether he was inside her, or her inside of him.

Does anyone else get the impression she's sucking on poo poo-dick? I mean he "had her in every way a man can have a woman." :a2m:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Does anyone else get the impression she's sucking on poo poo-dick? I mean he "had her in every way a man can have a woman." :a2m:

That seemed to be the implication.

Although that leaves some things out. I mean, did he penetrate her cervix? Dragon fans need to know.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

What part of "had her in every way a man can have a woman" do you not understand?

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

So, in her nose, then?

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Naturally. I can't wait to see Emilia Clarke's impression of season 1 Cersei's perpetually constipated face.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

Holy poo poo, that's a lot more awful than I remember it. Maybe it's because I kind of skimmed through that chapter, but GODDAMN!
Didn't he write semi-decent sex scenes at one point or am I looking through nostalgia-glasses? This scene doesn't even read like it's something George shat out while masturbating.

Contra Calculus fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Jun 15, 2012

Thulsa Doom
Jun 20, 2011

The Dany sex acenes in ADwD are profoundly uncomfortable, since they do nothing for the character or plot.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Contra Calculus posted:

Didn't he write semi-decent sex scenes at one point or am I looking through nostalgia-glasses? This scene doesn't even read like it's something George shat out while masturbating.
Do tell, which semi-decent sex scenes were these?

Ambiguatron posted:

The Dany sex acenes in ADwD are profoundly uncomfortable, since they do nothing for the character or plot.
Particularly the Irri one, which I can't imagine wasn't shat out while George masturbated.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ambiguatron posted:

Apparently you don't appreciate how denigrating something improves it. Somehow.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Contra Calculus posted:

Holy poo poo, that's a lot more awful than I remember it. Maybe it's because I kind of skimmed through that chapter, but GODDAMN!

They weren't "decent" as in "erotic", but "decent" as in "revealed character and/or advanced plot without being eye-rollingly bad."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010