Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

coconono posted:

Are we talking about the IVP dude or someone else?

IVP are fantastic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

sigmachiev posted:

Totally. That Naito match made me a believer. Would have liked to have seen a much longer reign.

All I can think is, and I may be completely wrong, that they could do business with a Naito / Tanahashi match for the title, and money for an Okada / Tanahashi rematch and a Goto / Tanahashi rematch.

From that perspective it makes total sense.

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
I think it's that they wanted the belt on Tanahashi going into the AJPW joint show. Okada was so so good this reign, I think they have enough faces that he should get another reign soon.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

GOTO NEEDS TO BEAT OKADA NOW~!

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
WTF is up with THE BOARD? Is it related to the paying for torrents bullshit?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

LordPants posted:

WTF is up with THE BOARD? Is it related to the paying for torrents bullshit?

People are angry about the entire Gaijin Puro situation, yes.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Flameingblack posted:

DDT Pro is probably the best route if you're looking for silly hardcore matches. Takagi (The owner) and his bizarre rumble weapon matches (Using people's wives as weapons? Lockers? It's crazy) and the crew who do the "Anywhere" matches at factories, parks, inside of small towns, ect. There's really silly matches too, like the bread-eating deathmatch.

I'm sorry but you must explain this,please.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TV Zombie posted:

I'm sorry but you must explain this,please.
This is exactly what it sounds like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNAvJPLJdas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7Ji5WdlVsQ

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
It is not nearly as good as it should be, because Ken Ohka is terrible. He is in my top 5 "guys who need to be shipped from Japan to Siberia".

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

They certainly don't loaf around in this match. They Roll with the punches. It doesn't baguette any better than this. Big Dave doesn't see it that way though, out of five stars he gave it nan.

If you think these jokes Croissant get worst then I bagel to differ.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Gonzo McFee posted:

They certainly don't loaf around in this match. They Roll with the punches. It doesn't baguette any better than this. Big Dave doesn't see it that way though, out of five stars he gave it nan.

If you think these jokes Croissant get worst then I bagel to differ.

:stare:

efc: Has DDT done a swimming pool top rope battle royal yet? And were the FMW ones any good?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

LordPants posted:

efc: Has DDT done a swimming pool top rope battle royal yet? And were the FMW ones any good?

Little known fact, the end of this match was changed on the fly. When they got to the back to booker looked at them sadly and said "Muffin-ish", stating that what he had seem was a Pizza crap. The ref then came up to him and told him to get with the times man, that finish was Toasty. The booker told him to shut his face or he'd kick him square in the Buns.

Still, what do you expect from DDT, I hear most of the roster is In Bread.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Gonzo McFee posted:

Little known fact, the end of this match was changed on the fly. When they got to the back to booker looked at them sadly and said "Muffin-ish", stating that what he had seem was a Pizza crap. The ref then came up to him and told him to get with the times man, that finish was Toasty. The booker told him to shut his face or he'd kick him square in the Buns.

Still, what do you expect from DDT, I hear most of the roster is In Bread.

LOL!!!!!!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

LordPants posted:

Are you talking about the FMW Pool Deathmatch? I remember it being super, super brutal looking because it looked like Mr Pogo was sticking his sickle inches deep into Onita. Onita was crazy and Pogo is a dick so for all I know he really could have been.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmBWjBQ3Jfo

Antonio Honda and Dick Togo had a match on a tiny rowboat, in the middle of a lake.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6lnp8_dick-togo-vs-antonio-honda_sport

JWP did a swimming pool match.
http://www.veoh.com/watch/v14901230wsDnbT3h?h1=JWP+-+Swimming+Pool+Match

There's a BJW Deathmatch that took place in a Sona. They kept going into the women's half. I think it was even uncensored.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Everything about Dominion sounds so good except Okada ):. Kota Ibushi is next in line to take on Low-Ki. Hopefully Ibushi takes the title back that he never really lost.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
I'm sure Okada will be fine. 5-7 months is about the average length for an IWGP title reign since Brock left (excluding Tanahashi, but there's no way he'll keep the belt for a year again). They elevated him about as much as you can in half a year, now it's time to solidify his position by letting him match up with higher profile guys in non-title situations.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Kind of excited for this!

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

HulkaMatt posted:

Kind of excited for this!

What am i looking at?

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

KungFu Grip posted:

What am i looking at?

Naomichi Marufuji on the left, Daichi Hashimoto on the right. Daichi is challenging Marufuji to a match.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Also the Zero1 tournament is looking pretty good this year.

For a company on the verge of extinction they're looking good.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

LordPants posted:

Also the Zero1 tournament is looking pretty good this year.

For a company on the verge of extinction they're looking good.
Since when are they "on the verge of extinction"? Things have been quite stable over the last 5 years.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I could have sworn when they did an anniversary show last year people's default reaction was "Wait, they're still doing events?"

If not, my bad.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.

LordPants posted:

I could have sworn when they did an anniversary show last year people's default reaction was "Wait, they're still doing events?"

If not, my bad.

I wanna think it's because when Hashimoto died, people started thinking the promotion was dying.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

NJPW/AJPW "NJPW & AJPW 40TH ANNIVERSARY ~ SUMMER NIGHT FEVER IN RYOGOKU ~ WE ARE PRO-WRESTLING LOVE!", 01.07.2012 (WPW/Asahi Newstar/GAORA TV)
Tokyo Ryogoku Kokugikan

1. KENSO, Captain New Japan & Masanobu Fuchi vs. Jado, Gedo & YOSHI-HASHI
2. Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask, Lion Dragon, BUSHI & SUSHI vs. Prince Devitt, Ryusuke Taguchi, KAI, Hiroshi Yamato & Hiromu Takahashi
3. Takao Omori, Manabu Soya, Hirooki Goto & Karl Anderson vs. Minoru Suzuki, Lance Archer, TAKA Michinoku & Taichi
4. Yuji Nagata, Wataru Inoue & KUSHIDA vs. Masakatsu Funaki, Masayuki Kono & Minoru Tanaka
5. All Asia Tag Team Title: Daisuke Sekimoto & Yuji Okabayashi (c) vs. Akebono & Ryota Hama
6. Tetsuya Naito & Tama Tonga vs. Seiya Sanada & Joe Doering
7. Suwama & Shuji Kondo vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Kazuchika Okada
8. AJPW & NJPW 40th Anniversary Triple Main Event I: Keiji Muto, Satoshi Kojima & Hiroyoshi Tenzan vs. Toru Yano, Takashi Iizuka & Tomohiro Ishii
9. AJPW & NJPW 40th Anniversary Triple Main Event II ~ Triple Crown: Jun Akiyama (c) vs. Taiyo Kea
10. AJPW & NJPW 40th Anniversary Triple Main Event III ~ IWGP Heavyweight Title: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Togi Makabe

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Is there a story why Jun Akiyama, a NOAH guy, is holding the Triple Crown? I barely follow AJPW and had thought Jun had retired after Misawa's death.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Until a few months ago every champion in All Japan was an outsider.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

What happened to Black BUSHI? I remember seeing him debut, I remember seeing him at All Together and a few other shows, and then I stopped watching and he disappeared.

e: Guess he's just dead for now since BUSHI got moved to NJPW?

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 19:50 on Jun 19, 2012

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

HulkaMatt posted:

Until a few months ago every champion in All Japan was an outsider.

There is a lot of cross-promotion stuff going on right now, like GO in the Burning Fire-Sword/Hammer tournament thing in Zero1, and Hash Jr and friends at one of the NOAH shows recently.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Oddly enough, New Japan has the LEAST amount of crossover, at least in its heavyweight division.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Ditch posted:

Oddly enough, New Japan has the LEAST amount of crossover, at least in its heavyweight division.

probably for the best if they want okada to start regaining momentum. is he actually as weak a promo as some people peg him to be? or is he just lacking charisma/presence/confidence? it felt weird having another heel wrestler do the promo cutting for him, as decorated they are.

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

BAN DICKEYE posted:

probably for the best if they want okada to start regaining momentum. is he actually as weak a promo as some people peg him to be? or is he just lacking charisma/presence/confidence? it felt weird having another heel wrestler do the promo cutting for him, as decorated they are.

Yes, his challenge promo to Tanahashi flopped hard at the Tokyo Dome show and was certainly a big part of why everyone was like "wtf why Okato" when he challenged/beat Tanahashi. He was nervous and super awkward and they immediately switched to having Gedo be his mouthpiece with the post-show press conference thing. I think now that he's grown into his character and become much more confident that it'd be fine to have him talk, but having Gedo as his manager works for his character.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Low Ki vs Ibushi for the IWGP junior heavyweight title, July 29th.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Da Meltz posted:

Tanahashi should have beaten Okada when the rematch came up, just because he’s the man right now and shouldn’t be losing twice to a guy not yet at his level of stardom to the people, at least just yet. His last title reign was only gaining traction when the move was made to try and create a star out of nowhere. Okada is now a main eventer and considered probably the company’s No. 2 guy, a position he can build on for years, and if New Japan is able to somehow get a more mainstream television time slot (and at this point the way Japanese culture is moving, the odds are against it), Okada vs. Naito and Okada vs. Tanahashi has the ability to be legendary programs.

Now I question going back to Tanahashi being so soon, although Tanahashi was the guy who should have won it back. The story could have been better of avoiding the match until Tanahashi wins G-1, and then doing the title match in September or October, establishing Okada as a long-term champion to begin his legacy as the future superstar of the company, particularly since there were a slew of potential opponents Okada could have still gone through, including a rematch with Naito, plus a young guy vs. older star series with guys like Togi Makabe, perennial contender Yuji Nagata and the unique style of Minoru Suzuki.

Full story in the Observer, which is a good read.

The only thing is, I guess it adds more interest in the G-1 because it is no longer Tanahashi in the final -> Tanahashi wins -> beats Okada for title at a later date.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

quote:

[NOAH News] NOAH announced the outside talents to be involved with the promotion in the month of July. There is the inclusion of 3 bigger names who are on tv here in the USA.
Samao Joe, Brutus Magnus & Christopher Daniels, all current TNA wrestler, will be coming into the promotion. Not only just for a regular match, but for full blown championship matches on the "GREAT VOYAGE 2012 in RYOGOKU" on July 22nd.
Also Super Crazy will be returning to NOAH as he will be teaming with Ricky Marvin to aim at another chance of claiming the GHC Jr. Tag belts.

Pro Wrestling NOAH "GREAT VOYAGE 2012 in RYOGOKU ~Takeshi Rikio's Retirement Ceremony~", 7/22/2012 [Sun] 15:00 @ Ryogoku Kokugikan in Tokyo

Newly Announced:
(-) GHC Heavy Tag Championship Match: [Champions] Jun Akiyama & Akitoshi Saito vs. [Challengers] Samoa Joe & Brutus Magnus
~ 4th Defense.

(-) GHC Junior Heavy Championship Match: [Champion] Yoshinobu Kanemaru vs. [Challenger] Christopher Daniels
~ 2nd Defense.

(-) GHC Junior Heavy Tag Championship Match: [Champions] Kotaro Suzuki & Atsushi Aoki vs. [Challengers] Super Crazy & Ricky Marvin
~ 8th Defense.

Previously Announced:
(-) GHC Heavyweight Championship Match: [18th Champion] Takeshi Morishima vs. [Challenger] Go Shiozaki
~ 4th Title Defense

(-) KENTA's Return Match: KENTA vs. (to be announced)
~ KENTA has been out of action since Dec. 11, 2011.

(-) Special Single Match: Mohammed Yone vs. Yoshiaki Fujiwara [Fujiwara-gumi]
Hopefully no one in Japan watches TNA Impact! Haha, who am I kidding, no one watches TNA Impact. Remember all those great tag-teams that TNA had? Beer Money, MCMG, Team 3D, Young Bucks, ect.

Not that I hate Joe and Magnus.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Flameingblack posted:

Hopefully no one in Japan watches TNA Impact! Haha, who am I kidding, no one watches TNA Impact. Remember all those great tag-teams that TNA had? Beer Money, MCMG, Team 3D, Young Bucks, ect.

Not that I hate Joe and Magnus.

Magnus has improved tremendously since starting with TNA. However, I'm curious how he'll hold up against Akiyama and Saito.

Also Morishima vs. Shiozaki is gonna own soo hard.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

coconono posted:

Magnus has improved tremendously since starting with TNA. However, I'm curious how he'll hold up against Akiyama and Saito.

I imagine not well.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

HulkaMatt posted:

I imagine not well.

We could turn this into a drinking game to see how many forearms he will eat.

Also I have BOSJ Night 9 and the finale night for viewing. We should have a viewing party!

Bocc Kob
Oct 26, 2010
I want to get some HUSTLE shows and that IVP guy seems to have a lot of them. Are there any must-have shows in particular? Especially if Hard Gay shows up or Kawada starts singing. Has Kikutaro ever been on one of their shows?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Bocc Kob posted:

I want to get some HUSTLE shows and that IVP guy seems to have a lot of them. Are there any must-have shows in particular? Especially if Hard Gay shows up or Kawada starts singing. Has Kikutaro ever been on one of their shows?
I can't think of a paticular show. Like DDT Pro is, they just kind of spread out the crazy.

I'm positive Kikutaro has worked for HUSTLE before, the idea that he hasn't seems completely wrong to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I'm fairly sure HUSTLE never used Kikutaro.

As for HUSTLE, there's HUSTLEMANIA 2005 and 2006, and IIRC HUSTLE 16 had a fun elimination match.