Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

Ditch posted:

I'm fairly sure HUSTLE never used Kikutaro.

As for HUSTLE, there's HUSTLEMANIA 2005 and 2006, and IIRC HUSTLE 16 had a fun elimination match.

I thought they used him as Ebessan?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
The HUSTLEMANIA shows all have some good stuff. HUSTLE was at its best when it was at its biggest and silliest. A cyborg who shoots invisible lasers battling the powers of LOVE & HUSTLE in the 2007 main event always seemed like the quintessential match for the promotion to me.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Toshiaki Kawada vs. Cactus Jack is still such a what the gently caress to me.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
IVP's free video download of the week is the Best of Chris Jericho Vol. 1!

quote:

http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=8333

Chris Jericho, Atlantis & El Dandy vs. Mano Negra, Black Magic & Javier Cruz
Chris Jericho, Atlantis & Américo Rocca vs. Mano Negra, Felino & Bestia Salvaje
Chris Jericho, Negro Casas & Fiera vs. Mocho Cota, Emilio Charles Jr. & Bestia Salvaje
Chris Jericho & Ultimo Dragon vs. Negro Casas & El Dandy

Keep in mind that IVP can't sell certain copyrighted material, like ECW, WCW, and WWE matches, so if you've always wondered why these "Best Of" compilations are all of Mexico and Japan, that's the reason why.

That being said, this is more Lucha than Puro, but I'm sure everyone would appreciate it just as much. Epsecially since it features Bret Hart's favorite wrestler, El Dandy.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Bocc Kob posted:

I want to get some HUSTLE shows and that IVP guy seems to have a lot of them. Are there any must-have shows in particular? Especially if Hard Gay shows up or Kawada starts singing. Has Kikutaro ever been on one of their shows?

http://www.youtube.com/user/HustleFightingOpera

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Nagata posters <3

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/575615_400104926692489_1607755777_n.jpg

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Flameingblack posted:

… it features Bret Hart's favorite wrestler, El Dandy.

I doubt it

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Bret is a Mongolian Stomper kind of guy.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

HulkaMatt posted:

Bret is a Mongolian Stomper kind of guy.

Bret also thought that Misawa wasn't as good as the original Tiger Mask.

I'm just going to leave that there, unqualified and out of context.

Chortles
Dec 29, 2008

LordPants posted:

At being Tiger Mask (seeing as Misawa was Tiger Mask II), perhaps.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

LordPants posted:

I'm just going to leave that there, unqualified and out of context.

for context: they had a stinker of a match

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
NOSAWA somehow proved his innocence on the drug charge.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier
IVP are giving away The Best of Bret Hart this week

quote:

Bret Hart vs. Animal Hamaguchi (6:30)

Bret Hart/British Bulldog vs. Cobra/Fujinami (18:50)

Bret Hart vs. Shunji Takano (8:00)

Bret Hart vs. Tiger Mask (18:00) 2/5/1982

Bret Hart vs. British Bulldog (8:00)

Bret Hart vs. Tiger Mask (18:00) 7/30/1982

Bret Hart/Dynamite Kid/Greg Valentine vs. Tiger Mask/Fujinami/Kimura (19:30)

Bret Hart vs. Tiger Mask (Misawa) (22:00)

http://new.ivpvideos2.com/product_info.php?products_id=8413?osCsid=b9f6e92e4fe5e6a2433d60241a3c6816

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Ditch posted:

NOSAWA somehow proved his innocence on the drug charge.
What a shame.

I'm okay with this though!

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Flameingblack posted:

What a shame.

Go To Jail For Marijuana, Bad Wrestler!

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
Hey Ditch do you know anything about the new arena that Dragon Gate's running in Tokyo, Ota City General Gymnasium?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

Nah, he should go to jail so I don't see him wrestle. I don't care what it's over.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I hope nobody goes into that Bret Hart DVD with any sort of expectations...

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

Hey Ditch do you know anything about the new arena that Dragon Gate's running in Tokyo, Ota City General Gymnasium?
That's another name for Ota Ward Gym, which is a 3000-4000 capacity venue that doesn't get used very often.

edit: DGUSA says the venue is re-opening. I imagine it got refurbished or something like that.

Ditch fucked around with this message at 17:48 on Jul 3, 2012

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Ditch posted:

I was about to say something to that effect. Though Bret Hart/British Bulldog vs. Cobra/Fujinami sounds like it could be fun.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Ditch posted:

/Tiger Mask 1 and 2 can't be that bad.

Speaking of Tiger Mask was their any story behind the feud with Dynamite Kid? It seemed liked those guys HATED each other in the ring.

El Duke Silver
Aug 15, 2008

rarely goes out and should never be approached

coconono posted:

/Tiger Mask 1 and 2 can't be that bad.

yes they can. well, v. Misawa can. And one of those against Sayama is really dull for most of it, but I can't remember if the other is any better.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I already know that the Tiger Mask match against Misawa is bad.

e: I haven't seen it, but Bret Hart said it was bad, and he had a better match with Tiger Mask I.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jul 3, 2012

Suben
Jul 1, 2007

In 1985 Dr. Strange makes a rap album.

Strenuous Manflurry posted:

In all fairness pretty sure he should've gone to jail for beating a dude up and stealing his cab.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

quote:

One of the highlights on the DDT calendar is Beer Garden Week. It is a week long series of shows held in Shin-Kiba 1st RING where everyday a different wrestler or group books the show whatever way they want to do. This leads to creative matches and stipulations set up that would never take place in a more normal setting. Highlights from past Beer Garden shows include Kota Ibushi Vs Kenny Omega in a Falls Count Anywhere Best 2 out of 3 Falls match, a Cosplay Royal Rumble, the DDT debut of Mr. #6, a Rock-Paper-Scissors Death Match, a main event tag team match that consisted almost entirely of Lariats and Tsurumi Amon telling a ghost story featuring WCW wrestlers.

Why aren't you watching DDT Pro?

Kota Ibushi and Masa Takanashi will be working a NOAH show at the Sumo Hall soon, I'm excited for that.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
I wish they showed more of those Beer Garden shows than just one hour for the entire week.

The shows are easily the best value in pro wrestling, and a must if one is in Japan in August.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Beer Garden Week is also the only time of the year where Ibushi sells his world-famous slushies!

quote:

DDT Pro
I'm anal and a jerk, please stop this. There's no Pro in Dramatic Dream Team.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
I remember seeing one of the matches being two guys dressed as Onita and Mr Pogo reenacting one of their explosion matches using streamers.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Illinois Smith posted:

Beer Garden Week is also the only time of the year where Ibushi sells his world-famous slushies!

I'm anal and a jerk, please stop this. There's no Pro in Dramatic Dream Team.
A lot more people get confused when you just say DDT. At least the Pro indicated is a promotion.

e: Who is more moe? Princess Makoto or Kota Ibushi?

e2: RockNES Monsters competed for DDT's sister promotion, Union by the way.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Jul 3, 2012

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
G-1 Climax roster. Full schedule at puroresufan.com. I predict Okada, Naito or Goto will take it.

Block A:
1. Hiroshi Tanahashi
2. Yuji Nagata
3. Satoshi Kojima
4. Karl Anderson
5. Shelton Benjamin (free)
6. Toru Yano
7. Yujiro Takahashi
8. Minoru Suzuki
9. Naomichi Marufuji (NOAH)

Block B:
1. Togi Makabe
2. Hiroyoshi Tenzan
3. Hirooki Goto
4. Tetsuya Naito
5. MVP
6. Rush (CMLL)
7. Shinsuke Nakamura
8. Kazuchika Okada
9. Lance Archer

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Go go Lance Archer!

NotQuiteQuentin
Jan 29, 2005

BIG OVER
College Slice
I hate that they are burning a Naito/Okada rematch on the group stage, but I think the winner of that and Block B ends up winning the whole thing.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

I hate that they are burning a Naito/Okada rematch on the group stage, but I think the winner of that and Block B ends up winning the whole thing.
It's New Japan; singles matches between their big names aren't super-protected like in AJ and NOAH. Besides, that's why the G1 draws so well.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
So they won't just run draws between the names like in All Japan used to? That's cool. I agree, winner of group b wins the whole thing.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Marufuji. :frogc00l:

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Wait, why isn't Shelton listed as ROH?

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Because he's from the land of the free.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Lone Rogue posted:

Wait, why isn't Shelton listed as ROH?

Shelton told them ROH closed and that's why he's taking Japan bookings.

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger
Danshoku Dino has created a new super-finisher that combines his head-in-the-tights piledriver with Generico's turnbucke brainbuster.

I think we have our 2012 Move Of The Year, folks.

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Ditch posted:

Danshoku Dino has created a new super-finisher that combines his head-in-the-tights piledriver with Generico's turnbucke brainbuster.

No fuckin way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Ditch posted:

I...is... is there a video of this supermove?