Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!
I'd love a set too! I know some of my coworkers were talking about how to get some, if you're willing and they're for it, I could probably get you enough people for three boxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veeb0rg
Jul 24, 2001

THIS CONVERSATION IS NONPRODUCTIVE!
I'd be interested in a set as well.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I don't recall, how many are in the set? Six? Seven? If it's something that low, I'm definitely interested.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

PriorMarcus posted:

Is there anyway someone from the UK could be sent a complete set, or?

Yeah, we shouldn't have any trouble arranging that, but if you're in the UK, you should be able to find them, shouldn't you?

rickiep00h posted:

I don't recall, how many are in the set? Six? Seven? If it's something that low, I'm definitely interested.

There are 9 in a set.

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 19:22 on Jul 4, 2012

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Pyroclastic posted:

There are 9 in a set.

Still interested.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I too am interested in the figures of which we speak.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Pyroclastic posted:

Yeah, we shouldn't have any trouble arranging that, but if you're in the UK, you should be able to find them, shouldn't you?

There are 9 in a set.

I saw them today in store, its just that trying to find a complete set is too time consuming for me right now, and depending on the mark-up and availability I'd rather just buy one. That's not to say I want claims over any foreign goons, but if you have a spare set after the rest have been claimed then I'm in.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin
Yeah, seconding that I don't care how they're packaged/mailed, whatever keeps the costs reasonable for you guys is fine with me.

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Count me in for a set if possible. Continental Eurogoon.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Yikes, getting a bit more response than I was expecting. So far we have 17 complete sets asked for (plus youareoffthehook's co-workers), which is 3 boxes, minimum.

This whole plan hinges on my friend finding sealed boxes, and being able to buy them. The first two we can handle on our own, but I'm not sure about the third, and anything beyond that will definitely require money first. Problem is, I don't want to take any money before we're sure we can actually get our mitts on the boxes.
As it stands right now, we'll be doing first-come-first-serve as we find boxes. Once we get a box or two, the first batch will pay and we can float another box for the next batch to pay, and so on.

My estimated price point is going to be less than $40 for North American residents. The UK and Eurogoons will be handled by my friend, which should be good around £25 and ~32 euro.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Gervasius posted:

Count me in for a set if possible. Continental Eurogoon.

Same here, if you can get your hands on enough sets.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
If we can find a supply of boxes, and we have an irregular number of goons to sets ratio (for instance we only have the demand for 3 1/2 boxes worth) I am willing to pick up an extra set. I'm happy with one but I can think of a good use for a second set if the order needs bulking.

Dorsal Penis
Apr 8, 2010

It's graffiti.

http://designtaxi.com/news/352949/Graffiti-Artist-Turns-A-Bridge-Into-Realistic-LEGO-Street-Art/

Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Lego B-Wing reveal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-Pt5ajDYAY&feature=player_embedded

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Holy gently caress. :swoon:

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
That is a hell of a lot better than I thought we were getting for a UCS B-Wing. Really good looking set.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
http://smashing-bricks.com/2012/07/07/10227-ucs-b-wing-starfighter/

High res photos, and 1486 pieces.

I am not sold on the canopy but the rest of it is excellent

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Sold! That thing is gorgeous.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Nice goatse in the engine section there.

Lord Gold
Feb 22, 2005

'STACHE
WE CAN BELIEVE IN
I don't even like Star Wars and I will probably get that. It looks to be a beautiful goddamn build.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
$200 US, $250 CDN. Boo :( R2D2 had 600 more pieces, and was less. Grey + large pieces + star wars tax I guess.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
That's a pretty boss set, although outside my cost range. :(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Light Gun Man posted:

Nice goatse in the engine section there.
What are you even talking about, dude. Not everything has a gaping rear end in a top hat in it.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Forgive me if this has been asked a hundred times, but has anyone here received their Minecraft set? I got a mail saying they were shipping them like a month ago, but I haven't heard anything since.

mynnna
Jan 10, 2004

Welp, I know what I'm saving for next.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Hakkesshu posted:

Forgive me if this has been asked a hundred times, but has anyone here received their Minecraft set? I got a mail saying they were shipping them like a month ago, but I haven't heard anything since.

I got mine less than a week after I ordered it in a Lego store.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Even for Star Wars that set is way overpriced. The really huge SW sets are usually right at 0.10/piece or less. gently caress that price.

youareoffthehook
Mar 24, 2008

On a scale of one to ten, I think that's an awesome!

Pyroclastic posted:

Yikes, getting a bit more response than I was expecting. So far we have 17 complete sets asked for (plus youareoffthehook's co-workers), which is 3 boxes, minimum.

This whole plan hinges on my friend finding sealed boxes, and being able to buy them. The first two we can handle on our own, but I'm not sure about the third, and anything beyond that will definitely require money first. Problem is, I don't want to take any money before we're sure we can actually get our mitts on the boxes.
As it stands right now, we'll be doing first-come-first-serve as we find boxes. Once we get a box or two, the first batch will pay and we can float another box for the next batch to pay, and so on.

My estimated price point is going to be less than $40 for North American residents. The UK and Eurogoons will be handled by my friend, which should be good around £25 and ~32 euro.

So far I've only talked to a few of my co-workers, and so far the number is 6 sets, but if it'll be too difficult, 4 works too. I only have to talk to 2 more people, and then I'll know for sure how many.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Even for Star Wars that set is way overpriced. The really huge SW sets are usually right at 0.10/piece or less. gently caress that price.

The jedi starfighter was really overpriced as well at $130 for 700 pieces. I think lego is just charging by weight at this point with the bigger sets, the SSD is $500 at 3100 pieces. I did buy the jedi starfighter when it was on for $70 and was actually impressed on how nice it was and if I knew it was that good I would of probably paid retail for it.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Those tank treads in gray are going to be worth a mint in a few years. Looks like lots of rare and unusual pieces in this build, so it will be prohibitively expensive to piece together later.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Invictus posted:

What are you even talking about, dude. Not everything has a gaping rear end in a top hat in it.

Just wait until they discover the goatse particle and we shall see. :science:

But yeah the black parts just looked enough like hands to my brain, I guess.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Bought the Alien Conquest tripod set at Target on clearance, it's a pretty cool set. I really like the ability to aim the raygun on the tripod, and the head-clinger thing is hilarious.

I'm almost tempted to get the "Alien Abduction" UFO set, and part of me really wants the "Alien Cyborg" minifig but I don't want to buy the huge mega set to get it. :saddowns:

Mr. Glass
May 1, 2009

Xenomrph posted:

Bought the Alien Conquest tripod set at Target on clearance, it's a pretty cool set. I really like the ability to aim the raygun on the tripod, and the head-clinger thing is hilarious.

I'm almost tempted to get the "Alien Abduction" UFO set, and part of me really wants the "Alien Cyborg" minifig but I don't want to buy the huge mega set to get it. :saddowns:

Earth Defense HQ is one of the best sets in recent history; it's an awesome build and it has a ton of great pieces. Get it while you can (if you can afford it)!

My wife got me a second tripod on clearance. Love that ball joint.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Has anyone seen the Ghost polybag at retail? I'm a total sucker for glow-in-the-dark poo poo, and it just looks really cool.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Xenomrph posted:

Has anyone seen the Ghost polybag at retail? I'm a total sucker for glow-in-the-dark poo poo, and it just looks really cool.

I think it's only in Germany, but I'd love to have that clock and ghost to put in Dracula's castle.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

The Manchester Lego Store is looking for a store manager job, I know a few people were thinking of applying to it when it was open earlier so I thought I'd mention it here.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Gammatron 64 posted:

I think it's only in Germany, but I'd love to have that clock and ghost to put in Dracula's castle.
Oh god damnit, I didn't realize it was country-specific. That blows.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Gammatron 64 posted:

Saw a pile of em in a local toy store for 2 euroes each. (2 weeks ago, germany)
Other two stores I was in didn't have any.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
Speaking about Dracula's Castle, I'm been trying to figure out a good way to combine it with the Frankenstein lab (come on, it's just begging for it) but I can't really figure out a good way to do it.

What, I'm kind of a MOC newbie. I can't find many Monster Fighter MOCs out there.

I did get every set except for the Ghost Train and the Zombies, though. (I can't find the Zombies anywhere.) I'm not sure if I want to pay $80 for the Ghost Train.

I've been digging the Monster sets, but one thing that kinda irks me about them is that they generally have something cool, and then they also have some steampunk car in it or whatever that makes them more expensive. The recent Batman sets have the same problem - yeah, everybody wants the Batmobile, but it also comes with a Two-Face car and Bank that nobody really wants. Of course, if they sold them separately, nobody would buy them, but I just want the Batmobile. Although I like the Joker copter better than the Batplane, which is surprising.

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Jul 8, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Ika posted:

Saw a pile of em in a local toy store for 2 euroes each. (2 weeks ago, germany)
Other two stores I was in didn't have any.
So does this mean you could get a bunch for goons who want them? Or are you no longer in Germany? :ohdear: