Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testro
May 2, 2009

Gravy Jones posted:

I want to buy one of the Creator sets but I'm not sure which. Lighthouse is cool, Sonic Boom is massive and Apple Tree house has a lot of pieces in a colour I want. :argh: I can't decide.

Did you take the plunge? If not, now that Hillside House has joined them with a reduction, I'd definitely go for that one. I haven't got Sonic Boom, but I do have all of the others and Hillside House was by far the best build.

The new minifigures look excellent. I sat out series 7 as I thought the obsession with collecting was getting a little ridiculous, but I think I might have to plump for 8 AND the Olympic figs. Couldn't believe that Westfield was totally cleared out of them the other day when I was there. Wish I'd picked them up in Stratford now, but the stand was constantly surrounded (despite me being there for nearly 2 hours!).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Picked up She'lob Attacks and Urak-hai Army today, and I have to say She'lob is a pretty pro set. She's hanging off one of our living room lamps right now.

Does anyone else have that set? I'm not entirely sure why she has wheels on the bottom. Maybe to set up a different hanging pose, like instead of hanging perpendicular to the ground, totally upside down?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Dogen posted:

Picked up She'lob Attacks and Urak-hai Army today, and I have to say She'lob is a pretty pro set. She's hanging off one of our living room lamps right now.

Does anyone else have that set? I'm not entirely sure why she has wheels on the bottom. Maybe to set up a different hanging pose, like instead of hanging perpendicular to the ground, totally upside down?

Shelob does look great. The wheels are a playability thing, if ham fisted kids just crush the legs down it can still slide along the table.

The articulation of the legs is really good, I'm going to try and make some stop motion animated thing with it.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Jul 15, 2012

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Wow they already have some of those mini-figs from comic-con on ebay already, those things are going for $100+ dollars a mini-fig. The spider-man one has a start of $200, that is a ton of money but I know somebody will shell out the cash for them.

[ts]xenophobe
Apr 21, 2004

Negative, I am a meat popsicle.
Don't know if anyone has een this. Roman Colosseum 200k pieces.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ryanmcnaught/sets/72157630334220300/

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

That Bag End is beautiful, but the reported price ($60) just seems ridiculous. I'm not sure whether that frustrates me because it means I won't buy it or because I will buy it anyway.

The Duck of Death fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Jul 15, 2012

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
Prices this year shot up a crazy amount, even figuring the license fees. Some sets are just being priced fairly high but they are having a large number of big pieces or have a lot of minifigs. Bag End is the Weathertop of this wave it seems for minifig count and what looks like piece count.

I loved everything about weathertop except for the $75 price tag.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
It looked like the one LotR set I would definitely buy, now I'm thinking it might be one that I skip (along with orc forge). Although is one of the hobbits exclusive to it?

Building Urak-hai army got me pumped to build Helm's Deep... now I just need to sell some poo poo to buy it sooner than next payday.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Ika posted:

That means I now have 6 ghosts for Xenomrph, Rythe, Nazzle, beato, Arsenal_12 (x2), E: Ninja Bob, and a spare. Don't have plat, I'll try to keep MSN on this weekend tho. ( ika.sa - hotmail - com )

Bumping this cause I want to get these sent out before I am out of town for a week. Email would also be ok.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

I'd take the spare, how much?

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Assuming the online postage calculator is correct for UK/USA/etc, 6 euros total (2 for the ghost + 4 shipping).

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Ika posted:

Bumping this cause I want to get these sent out before I am out of town for a week. Email would also be ok.

Just sent you an email.

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

Ika posted:

I don't mean to be dumb, but should I be Paypaling you this money, or how should I get it to you? Google tells me 6 euros is about $7.50 in U.S. dollars, does that work for you, or should I tack on anything else for fees. Also, thanks!

Dogen
May 5, 2002

You can send it in euros in paypal and it charges you an extra .5 or so conversion fee, like I just did.

On that note, 6 moon money sent your way Ika

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Oh ya just paypaling is fine, if you dont need anything special. Just make sure to mention your SA account and address.

Ika fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Jul 16, 2012

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Ika posted:

Sent out the paypal money, should be waiting on you to collect it.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Ika posted:

Oh ya just paypaling is fine, if you dont need anything special. Just make sure to mention your SA account and address.

Done, came out to 15.07 american for the 2 ghosts. I did forget to add my SA name, but I'm the only one who wanted 2.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Went to my not-usual Target.

Black pearl for $60
Podracers for $45
Alien Mothership for some discount I dunno
Alien Tripod for $13-$14

Unfortunately I got payed friday and have already spent half my paycheck on other important things so I had to leave empty-handed.

If Queen Anne's Revenge was 50% off I'd have left with a pirate ship, I'll tell you that.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I did the same thing! Unlike my local Target, where $3 off a $50 set is considered 'clearance', the one at the mall had actual 30%+ discounts! They had the big Dino Hunters set for $80 (originally $120, but that's $20 more than MSRP), the T-Rex heli for $35 (50% off!), the podracers for more than half off, the republic cruiser for over 30% off, the Harry Potter bus for $22, and the small Hogwarts set for like $35. I settled for getting the big Dino Hunters and the T-Rex Heli sets, so I now have a pair of Rexes. The podracers and republic cruiser were a great parts:price ratio, but I had to restrain myself since I'm importing those minifigs from the UK.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Ika posted:

What's your paypal account? Is it the same address? I'll shoot you an Email too.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I love these new Duplo books. My son is having an amazing time with me reading him the story, and then the two of us building the models (the farm animals in this case).

He has two buckets of Duplo already, but nothing with instructions. It's fun to watch him realize how things go together to make shapes.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Sockser posted:

Went to my not-usual Target.

Black pearl for $60
Motherfucker. The minifigs alone are worth that much.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Eurogoons, do yourselves a favour and head to Amazon.it right now... or better yet: http://brickbadger.com/?lan=it which has direct links to these.

For the UK Tower Bridger is £125 shipped! That's like £100 less than the Lego Store. Also Medieval Market Town £60 shipped. This is already up on a lot of the deals sites and they only have 8 Tower Bridges left so it might not last long.

Someone has already checked and unfortunately they don't ship to Australia.

Edit: Tower Bridge all sold out :(

Gravy Jones fucked around with this message at 10:51 on Jul 17, 2012

Gervasius
Nov 2, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gravy Jones posted:

Someone has already checked and unfortunately they don't ship to Australia.

They don't ship over loving Adriatic to Croatia. FFS.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

They do ship to germany. Bought the UCS shuttle from em last week, now its 15 euros cheaper.... do I get a second one to resell? Its rumered that it will be out of production soon.

Xenomrph, Rythe, beato, Arsenal_12, Dogen, packing the ghosts right now, and will drop them in the mail when I leave to catch my train. (And Nazzle if you paypal me before I leave, your's as well.)

E: Whats the status on the team GB figs?

Ika fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 17, 2012

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

She should be sending the first sets to me today. After that, though, it's a matter of luck finding more boxes.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Alright. So if she finds more boxes, she'd do the european shipping?

Ika fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jul 17, 2012

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

Ika posted:

Xenomrph, Rythe, beato, Arsenal_12, Dogen, packing the ghosts right now, and will drop them in the mail when I leave to catch my train. (And Nazzle if you paypal me before I leave, your's as well.)

I just Paypaled you my money for the ghost, sorry for the delay. Whenever you can get it out is cool.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Ika posted:

Alright. So if she finds more boxes, she'd do the european shipping?

Yeah, that'd be the easiest and cheapest for all involved. If it gets to that point (all three Eurogoons who wanted a set all happened to be in the Third Box category), I'll let you know how it's going to differ.

Lord Ryan
Nov 10, 2011

Ika posted:

I thought you could put those heads on the technic figures.

That's awesome. Instruction manuel for that or just something random off the internet?

Looks like I quoted the wrong post. Long day!

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Pyroclastic posted:

She should be sending the first sets to me today. After that, though, it's a matter of luck finding more boxes.

Can I get on the list on the off chance that someone drops out? My wife would kill for these.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Ninja bob, I'll send yours out first thing when I am back in town.

Lord Ryan posted:

That's awesome. Instruction manuel for that or just something random off the internet?

Looks like I quoted the wrong post. Long day!

You can just pull the heads off with a bit of force. Saw it here: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=69013&view=findpost&p=1270604

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
I went to the LEGO store today, helped some people find their series 7 and then bought shelob. The Shelob set is really well designed and the amount of detail is staggering. Gollum is awesome and the hook attachment for shelob is pretty cool; I already startled my cousin with it. :3: Also, the amount of extra pieces I received was crazy. Two extra rings and an extra Sting? drat.

VaultAggie fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Jul 18, 2012

Dogen
May 5, 2002

VaultAggie posted:

I went to the LEGO store today, helped some people find their series 7 and then bought shelob. The Shelob set is really well designed and the amount of detail is staggering. Gollum is awesome and the hook attachment for shelob is pretty cool; I already startled my cousin with it. :3: Also, the amount of extra pieces I received was crazy. two extra rings and an extra Sting? drat.

That was one of the reasons I got the set! My wife's Harry Potter dupes need a one ring to fight over.

Also I had to take shelob off our living room lamp, it creeped me out too many times. It really evokes a spider. I'm trying to figure out the best venue for the shelob/aragog grudge match, currently.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Ika posted:

Awesome, thanks again for doing this for us! :cheers:

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Went to Target wanting a pirate boat and came out with a Podracer because I noticed it had trans-clear Technic liftarms :3:

edit: Dear Toys "R" Us: gently caress you. You give me a 20% off online purchase coupon then I go to your website and see a banner that says "Big savings on ALL LEGO construction sets and boardgames". I start browsing. What you meant to say is we lowered stuff to MSRP after jacking it up. I feel sorry for anyone tricked by this lovely sales practice.

djfooboo fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Jul 18, 2012

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Yeah my local TRU has an above average selection, but they also have about a 10-20% markup. I recently realized I am throwing away money not using the VIP program so I'm going to start making in person purchases at the Lego store anyhow, and I might start doing that more often since amazon started collecting sales tax in my state...

Also, I tried to attach the wall section from Urak-hai Army to the bridge of Hogwart's and was deeply disappointed to find that the attachment points are at different heights (one brick off). I AM WRITING A STRONGLY WORDED LETTER!!!

Dogen fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Jul 18, 2012

Kvrad
Jun 30, 2006
I watched the Lego LoTR trailers and had a moment of weakness. I haven't played with Legos in years but I'm a big LoTR fan. I ended up spending $180 on the LoTR sets over the past week. I collected the entire fellowship but it sure was expensive:

Gandalf Arrives
Shelob Attacks
Mines of Moria
Attack on Weathertop

The minifigs are all adorable. Shelob is especially creepy and well designed. Shelob Attacks and Mines of Moria were my favorite sets in terms of fun and value. Attack on Weathertop felt overpriced, but I needed it to complete the fellowship.

Also, does anyone else have an inexplicable urge to make stop-motion movies when they play with these?

Kvrad fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jul 18, 2012

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Went to the Lego store in Milwaukee while I was up there for the Cardinal's game Monday. Didn't need any of the pieces but got a small pick-a-brick cup just to have gotten it... immediately needed a big cup. I also hour the 5 pack "most popular" mini fig VIP pack. I don't believe for a second that the fisherman was more popular than half the mini figs, but I wanted the other 4 so it was still worth it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Kvrad posted:

Shelob Attacks and Mines of Moria were my favorite sets in terms of fun and value. Attack on Weathertop felt overpriced, but I needed it to complete the fellowship.

I felt like the mines looked kind of uninteresting aesthetically and didn't seem like a fun playset, what'd you like about it? Because clearly I need Boromir and that cave troll...