Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Just a heads up to us state side goons. I noticed a bunch of sets on clearance already at my local Kmart. If you hold out for a bit sooner or later they will have a 50% off clearance toys sale. I will let you know when that's coming up because I know a few associates that work there. What I noticed on clearance was the sponge bob sets, some Dino sets, random city sets, the batmobile set and some of the other hero ones as well as a few ninjago sets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.
Just found out about Bizarro being an SDCC exclusive, that is some weapons-grade bullshit.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I picked up all these hero factory guys at a garage sale with the intention of using the joints to build badass Lego robots. Alas, they are not as lego compatable as I would like. Are they worth anything, or does anyone have any ideas for the pieces?

Also if anyone could identify them(especially the bagged one so I can build it and make sure all the parts are there) I'd appreciate it.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

RodShaft posted:

I picked up all these hero factory guys at a garage sale with the intention of using the joints to build badass Lego robots. Alas, they are not as lego compatable as I would like. Are they worth anything, or does anyone have any ideas for the pieces?

Also if anyone could identify them(especially the bagged one so I can build it and make sure all the parts are there) I'd appreciate it.

The first two photos are all Bionicle, looks like 3 Rahkshi (http://www.brickset.com/browse/themes/?theme=Bionicle&subtheme=Rahkshi) and some others I don't know specifically.

The 3rd pic looks like Happy Meal toys, probably?

The last one is the most recent one of the bunch, the Witch Doctor: http://www.bricklink.com/catalogItem.asp?S=2283-1

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Yeah the third is Happymeal toys. 4th Does look like the witch Doctor, Pretty sure it's missing parts. But I wont know till I build it.

Also I don't know the difference between Bionicle and Hero Factory other than Bionicle has something to do with masks.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Looks like Walmart is gearing up for a Lego refresh. Went to two different stores today, and mine had all the Friends stuff marked down at least 25%. The big house was down $20. At another one, the remaining Alien Conquest, some older Creator sets, and older theme sets were similarly marked down.

Both Targets and the TRU had also refreshed with the new SW and Friends sets.

I hate walking down toy aisles these days. I ventured into the other aisles today because of upcoming niece/nephew birthdays, and almost every one had some motion-activated bullshit that made a loud noise (gently caress you, Leapster, who had 3 in one aisle). At least the Lego motion-activated things just light up the display cases.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

full sized lego technic wheelchair, using the third party omni wheels + NXT: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzKxPB6q6-k&feature=player_embedded

source+more info: http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=72558

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
I may be able to get some bulk Star Wars Lego, not entirely sure what it consists of yet. What's the going rate for bulk lego?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

MaliciousOnion posted:

I may be able to get some bulk Star Wars Lego, not entirely sure what it consists of yet. What's the going rate for bulk lego?

No more than $10 a pound, assuming it hasn't been picked through or cleansed of minifigs.

In that vein, anyone wanna give me a loan?

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
300 lbs of Lego and I couldn't spot a single large pirate ship hull section.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

EvilJoven posted:

300 lbs of Lego and I couldn't spot a single large pirate ship hull section.

I see some floatable City boat hulls, remnants of the Blacktron Message Intercept Base, the old B-Wing, an old Y-Wing, the Aquazone base, the large UFO, the Light & Sound firetruck...

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Jesus gently caress I need to get the remnants of my stuff from childhood sold, is that a reasonable price for such things? I have the moon and airport monorail in there, old star wars, blacktron base, some space police poo poo, one ice planet thing, probably most of a black seas barracuda... I didn't realize just bulk lego would go for so much.

Anyway, I put together the Sith Fury today and it was kinda lackluster. The build itself was ok until around the second wing (this is not atypical of symmetrical spaceship builds, of course), but upon completion I just... wasn't all that impressed. It seems fragile (I managed to knock several pieces off one wing securing it with the final technic pin) and... smallish, I guess. Also not the most swooshable thing. Lots of bits secured by a technic pin or two feel kinda floppy on the wings, reminscent of the TIE/d.

On the other hand, all the minifigs are pretty cool, I like the cockpit layout with the swiveling instrument panel, and I like to imagine the bay with the Sith troopers allows them to hot drop onto a planet, so that is cool. It will be interesting when the Striker shows up next week if I end up liking it better because it wasn't really on my radar at all until I was just looking for something moderately priced to pick up with gift card+vip credit on the lego store online.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Dogen posted:

Jesus gently caress I need to get the remnants of my stuff from childhood sold, is that a reasonable price for such things? I have the moon and airport monorail in there, old star wars, blacktron base, some space police poo poo, one ice planet thing, probably most of a black seas barracuda... I didn't realize just bulk lego would go for so much.

If you part out the individual sets, especially for things like the Blacktron base and the monorails, you'd get even more.
I'd be interested in the Blacktron base (if it's the black & yellow one, not Blacktron 2) and the space monorail.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Hey guys what's a good price per pound on bulk sticklebricks?

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Sockser posted:

Hey guys what's a good price per pound on bulk sticklebricks?
I think you have to pay people to take those.

I also spotted this in all that LEGO rubble. I know the baseplate is there, along with at least one flag and the horse ... coverings?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Pyroclastic posted:

If you part out the individual sets, especially for things like the Blacktron base and the monorails, you'd get even more.
I'd be interested in the Blacktron base (if it's the black & yellow one, not Blacktron 2) and the space monorail.

It is indeed the black and yellow one.

I have the sense that a lot of parts are missing (from everything), so I'm not sure if people are generally cool with that or not. Also since everything is in my childhood bedroom closet in another city, there will be a bit of lag before I can check into it.

dangittj
Jan 25, 2006

The Force is strong with this one

Dogen posted:

Anyway, I put together the Sith Fury today and it was kinda lackluster. The build itself was ok until around the second wing (this is not atypical of symmetrical spaceship builds, of course), but upon completion I just... wasn't all that impressed. It seems fragile (I managed to knock several pieces off one wing securing it with the final technic pin) and... smallish, I guess. Also not the most swooshable thing. Lots of bits secured by a technic pin or two feel kinda floppy on the wings, reminscent of the TIE/d.

On the other hand, all the minifigs are pretty cool, I like the cockpit layout with the swiveling instrument panel, and I like to imagine the bay with the Sith troopers allows them to hot drop onto a planet, so that is cool. It will be interesting when the Striker shows up next week if I end up liking it better because it wasn't really on my radar at all until I was just looking for something moderately priced to pick up with gift card+vip credit on the lego store online.

I also might be interested in some if you parted it out... curse you pyroclastic for dibsing the space monorail

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Well, I know the motor for space monorail is in there, and I saw the battery compartment for airport monorail, but like I said who knows what all's in there as it's been through one move. We'll see what it looks like next time I get down there. Also for sure a lot of track, and some switching dealies (make the car change direction/stop), etc. I did see the larger plates with that blacktron logo on it and also the somewhat beat-up manual for the base. Also the manual for the barracuda, though oddly I couldn't find a hull piece. I suspect my ex brother in law probably stole some stuff from me, as well. But if I can get crazy money from managing to sort it out, we shall see.

edit: I just figured out what the stupid flag/rudder piece below the cockpit of the Fury is, I think-- I think it's supposed to be a boarding ramp, which going along with the control panel that slides out of the way for boarding is kind of cool.

vvv I think it's only one set, I seem to remember it was a larger vehicle that maybe had a smaller one inside some kind of bay? I think it partly traveled on skids and there is definitely a blue and orange chainsaw in there somewhere.

Dogen fucked around with this message at 01:26 on Aug 3, 2012

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

I'll echo the 'parting it out' sentiment and would like to state that I am crazy for Ice Planet sets in the event you're willing to part with it.

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
Finaly, Hugo Weaving in minifigure form!

Looks like Elrond is the pack-in with the Lord of the Rings game.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Do we have to order from somewhere in particular to get him?

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
A coworker showed me this micro-scale model of the 2012 Olympic Park: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ol...l?frame=2298047 Some pretty great details and nice look overall, and I'm betting someone is already making a mini-fig scale version.

\/\/ That's really pretty actually.

InfinEight fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 3, 2012

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

InfinEight posted:

A coworker showed me this micro-scale model of the 2012 Olympic Park: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/ol...l?frame=2298047 Some pretty great details and nice look overall, and I'm betting someone is already making a mini-fig scale version.

Well, someone made a partial one!
http://www.brothers-brick.com/2012/07/25/olympic-fever/

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Picked up the Creator Lighthouse for $30 on Walmart's clearance. Time to drive around town and see if I can find an Earth Defense HQ for a reasonable price...

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

rickiep00h posted:

Picked up the Creator Lighthouse for $30 on Walmart's clearance. Time to drive around town and see if I can find an Earth Defense HQ for a reasonable price...
Good luck with that. Only time I saw it even marked down was at a Kmart for maybe $70. I got greedy and passed. Since then I haven't been able to find it anywhere ... except TRU, where it's still in triple digits. :sigh:

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

This has to be a mistake right? This JUST came out.

Should I buy all of these and flip them or would it be worth it after shipping and tax?

This price was only at one of my walmarts and it had the most unorganized lego aisle I've ever seen. they also had the mothership with sound for $40.

RodShaft fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Aug 3, 2012

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

RodShaft posted:

Mistake or not they will honor it 99% of the time if the tag matches the product.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

djfooboo posted:

Mistake or not they will honor it 99% of the time if the tag matches the product.

I price checked it it rings at that, I just can't believe that they are supposed to be clearancing them yet. I meant it must be a mistake on their end. Not a mistaken tag.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

RodShaft posted:

I price checked it it rings at that, I just can't believe that they are supposed to be clearancing them yet. I meant it must be a mistake on their end. Not a mistaken tag.

Could be the store got too many from distributor and is just trying to get out from under stock that isn't moving.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

I dont think a delta of 30$ -tax -ebay/paypal fees is worth flipping it, but if you want it yourself grab it before they notice.

Random question: I recently lost an auction on ebay, then I get sent a message "I happen to have a second one would you want it for XYZ". Sounds fishy so I checked bidding history of the winner and auction history for the seller, this same account always wins or raises the price of the guys auctions. Do I ignore him, tell him to gently caress off, or report his accounts to ebay?

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Ika posted:

I dont think a delta of 30$ -tax -ebay/paypal fees is worth flipping it, but if you want it yourself grab it before they notice.

Random question: I recently lost an auction on ebay, then I get sent a message "I happen to have a second one would you want it for XYZ". Sounds fishy so I checked bidding history of the winner and auction history for the seller, this same account always wins or raises the price of the guys auctions. Do I ignore him, tell him to gently caress off, or report his accounts to ebay?

Tell him to gently caress off and report him.

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

RodShaft posted:

That's probably not a mistake. I just got one at Target for $65.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003

Optimist Prime posted:

That's probably not a mistake. I just got one at Target for $65.

I woulda hopped on it at $65. Good pull.

Dr. Platypus
Oct 25, 2007

Ika posted:

Odds are the account belongs to the seller, and he uses it to raise the auction price, then sell it under the counter.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

Dr. Platypus posted:

Odds are the account belongs to the seller, and he uses it to raise the auction price, then sell it under the counter.

Yes that is my assumption, I just don't know if I should go total rear end in a top hat mode and report both accounts to ebay for it.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Ika posted:

Yes that is my assumption, I just don't know if I should go total rear end in a top hat mode and report both accounts to ebay for it.

Yes.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Ika posted:

You are not being an rear end in a top hat for reporting someone for literally breaking one of the key rules of ebay: no shill bidding. Report his dumb rear end and get rid of him, there are too many like him on ebay already.

Ika
Dec 30, 2004
Pure insanity

^^^^
alright.

For content: I finally got darth vader's tie, obviously there is only one thing to do now:

Still need to try to redo the front view of it with once I get parts from another tie fighter to match the style somewhat.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Do you have an X wing and a Falcon to reenact the end of Ep 4? I'm thinking I need a second TIE/ln now...

edit: woo the republic striker was in my mailbox when I got home! Brick-built droid, some kinda trooper with a brick-built blaster, and a lady jedi with a double-bladed lightsaber figs. The model itself is pretty cool, although very light and maybe a bit fragile if one were to drop it, though it is not awkward to play with. I like the unique controls in the cockpit, the transforming feature works well, and I think it all around looks cool, although I could see how the dark red/brown/orange/white color scheme could turn people off. It's like some kind of funky Z-95/A-wing hybrid.

Also apparently 3500 years before original star wars they were making the same lovely cockpits that go on the x-wing and y-wing

Dogen fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Aug 5, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Dogen posted:

Do you have an X wing and a Falcon to reenact the end of Ep 4? I'm thinking I need a second TIE/ln now...

edit: woo the republic striker was in my mailbox when I got home! Brick-built droid, some kinda trooper with a brick-built blaster, and a lady jedi with a double-bladed lightsaber figs. The model itself is pretty cool, although very light and maybe a bit fragile if one were to drop it, though it is not awkward to play with. I like the unique controls in the cockpit, the transforming feature works well, and I think it all around looks cool, although I could see how the dark red/brown/orange/white color scheme could turn people off. It's like some kind of funky Z-95/A-wing hybrid.

Also apparently 3500 years before original star wars they were making the same lovely cockpits that go on the x-wing and y-wing

Hey once you figure out cockpit technology you don't need to keep upgrading it.