Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rustie
Aug 25, 2003

Adregan posted:

Is this state side or in the UK?

California.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Olympic minifigs finally showed up, but my wife just had surgery so she hasn't been in the mood to open them although she graciously offered to let me do so, but I don't want to because they're hers.

I did grab Sassee Tin's starfighter and Anakin's interceptor, which are both pretty good builds. I like having a SW craft that actually has real landing gear all around (starfighter), and the interceptor looks really great from the top and sides, though the bottom and rear of it... not so great. But also having the better looking Obi-Wan and Anakin figs is nice (the clone wars ones I have freak me out).

I am starting to trawl my local craigslist to find people selling no longer available kits... WHAT IS HAPPENING TO ME?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Remind the Lego dilettante; I should check in Target before TRU for minifigs as TRU is more expensive, correct?

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Rustie posted:

California.

Washington, too. Just checked the Puyallup store and they had a box worth stuffed into those dumbass endcap boxes. I had them check, but they didn't have any unopened in inventory. None of the local Fred Meyer stores had them in.

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Aug 14, 2012

Zeether
Aug 26, 2011

beato posted:

I have the Scuderia Ferrari truck (8654) and all the stickers flaked off in little bits and stuck to all the other Lego that I'd stored it with. Removing all the little red flakes of sticker was a nightmare, it got everywhere including my clothes and skin.
Is there an easy way to remove them? Like soaking them in water or something?

Adregan
Oct 22, 2002

Pyroclastic posted:

Washington, too. Just checked the Puyallup store and they had a box worth stuffed into those dumb rear end endcap boxes. I had them check, but they didn't have any unopened in inventory. None of the local Fred Meyer stores had them in.

Ok I will check my Kmart tomorrow since they are the only ones around that are good at getting the new ones in.

beato
Nov 26, 2004

CHILLL OUT, DICK WAD.

Zeether posted:

Is there an easy way to remove them? Like soaking them in water or something?

Most of it literally just flaked off and stuck to my fingers as I rubbed it. The remaining parts I soaked in hot water with dishwashing liquid and it came off fine after that.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Indolent Bastard posted:

Remind the Lego dilettante; I should check in Target before TRU for minifigs as TRU is more expensive, correct?

Everything at TRU is more expensive. I don't go to TRU unless there's an exclusive, or if there's a BOGO sale, which for some reason there hasn't been all frickin' summer long.

NickThorn
Jan 11, 2005

I'm fucking wild about KEYKEYs.

Captain Invictus posted:

I kinda wish it had been twice the length and shown the history between the 60s and now, though. The different lines created, the different technologies used, even the fall of Lego in the late 90s that nearly destroyed the company, the Megablok lawsuit. Lego's story is a fascinating one.

Can you expand a bit on the "fall of Lego?" I fell out of Lego around that time (stupid teenage years) and didn't know it came close to death. Also, what exactly happened with the megabloks lawsuit?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
I picked up 9396, the new Technic rescue helicopter last week, and I'm definitely going to rebuild it into the B model, even if the A is more complex and larger. First, 8856 with the flex cables was still cooler even if the wobbly hub control was less accurate, and two, the B model is a guddamn synchropter with a pusher prop, which is about as cool as a Lego hellachopter can ever get without being blue and white with a trans orange canopy.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

NickThorn posted:

Can you expand a bit on the "fall of Lego?" I fell out of Lego around that time (stupid teenage years) and didn't know it came close to death. Also, what exactly happened with the megabloks lawsuit?

This article is a pretty good source as to what happened and how they turned it around.

Basically, complacency and idealism set in and people were focused on lots of things that weren't integral to the business.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Funny that there is a Lego Cuusoo project for the Mars rover with 5K votes, when that's the kind of project Lego does anyways. Like they did two sets for the last rovers.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

einTier posted:

This article is a pretty good source as to what happened and how they turned it around.

Basically, complacency and idealism set in and people were focused on lots of things that weren't integral to the business.

Best bit of the article:

quote:

They also have very strong views on objects made of transparent Lego, as we found with the energy crystals eaten by the rock monsters in Power Miners. If it's transparent it has magical powers, apparently.'

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Sockser posted:

Best bit of the article:

Well, duh. When I was a kid the main reason I'd ever go for space sets was so my Kingdoms guys could have magic stuff.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Sockser posted:

Best bit of the article:

Those kids are gonna be mindfucked when they find out about this.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.
Any Ausgoons (or specifically, Melbourne goons) who want some cheap Lego, I am selling a couple of sets and thought I'd see if anyone is interested before I put them on eBay or gumtree.

- Lego 7065 Alien mothership

- Lego 8061 Gateway of the Squid

- Lego 8059 Seabed Scavenger

- Lego 8060 Typhoon Turbo Sub

All sets have been opened and built for display but come with the box, instructions and all pieces.

PM me or email cyberdelicfuture@gmail.com if you're interested.

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Looks like you'll be able to add a LEGO graveyard to your haunted house:

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

Optimist Prime posted:

Looks like you'll be able to add a LEGO graveyard to your haunted house:

Wow that is nice looking, way to much for it though on E-Bay. Any idea if that set is buyable in any stores yet?

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Was it ever mentioned in here that you can buy the second Cuusoo product, that Japanese satellite, on the US lego store now? It was "coming in Spring" all the way through July. Don't think I will bother buying it, since it's kind of boring and stickerriffic....

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/Hayabusa-21101

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Why does the zombie have a walkie-talkie? Or I guess a briefcase, for that matter...

Umbra Dubium
Nov 23, 2007

The British Empire was built on cups of tea, and if you think I'm going into battle without one, you're sorely mistaken!

Fairly sure that set's a knock off.

I'm sure they're disinterring the lawyers in Billund as we speak.

Optimist Prime
Jul 30, 2007

Umbra Dubium posted:

Fairly sure that set's a knock off.

I'm sure they're disinterring the lawyers in Billund as we speak.
Huh. One of the commenters on Brickset claimed to have found it at Legoland (s/he didn't specify which location). I'm still hoping it's legit. :ohdear:

Rustie
Aug 25, 2003

There's no way that's a knock off. It looks exactly like the Lego store exclusive sets they put out seasonally or to compliment certain themes. Like this one:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Check out Death Springs, my free webcomic updated every Thursday!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Dogen posted:

Why does the zombie have a walkie-talkie? Or I guess a briefcase, for that matter...

It's a cell phone. He has a cell phone and a briefcase because he was a businessman before he died and was raised as a zombie.

You could ask why does he have a giant 80's cell phone with an antenna but clearly he died in the 80s and was only recently raised as a zombie.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

It's some sort of cultural commentary, like all good zombie movies. How could I have been so blind?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Travis343 posted:

It's a cell phone. He has a cell phone and a briefcase because he was a businessman before he died and was raised as a zombie.

You could ask why does he have a giant 80's cell phone with an antenna but clearly he died in the 80s and was only recently raised as a zombie.

Hahah, I was thinking the exact same thing. Rise from the dead to close deals once again!

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Dogen posted:

Dispatcher: Lego rescue 7 come in.

Zombie: Lego rescue 7 here, send more paramedics.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Gotta keep coordinated with other zombies. *ppsssssht* BRAAAAAAINS, over *ssshhhkt*

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Gabriel Pope posted:

Gotta keep coordinated with other zombies. *ppsssssht* BRAAAAAAINS, over *ssshhhkt*

Close, but not quite. In fact it is a tactic for getting more brains.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLSL8E-FLrQ (Contains a swear)

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I think it's supposed to be like, an 80s cell phone.

Based on the briefcase and the suit.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Broke down and bought the Queen Anne's Revenge on clearance a couple weeks ago, finally got time to sit down and build it. One of the bow sections is missing :psyduck: How on earth does something that big get through QA?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

As I recall they're loose in the box... so maybe the box came open or something? Who knows, at least Lego is good about replacing that stuff.

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

I replaced the shelves in my lego room, now to finish filling them up!

Only registered members can see post attachments!

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

RodShaft posted:

I replaced the shelves in my lego room, now to finish filling them up!

Second shelf up, closest thing to the wall. The hell is that?

AzMiLion
Dec 29, 2010

Truck you say?

rickiep00h posted:

Second shelf up, closest thing to the wall. The hell is that?

It appears to be the megabloks halo tank and banshee?

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

AzMiLion posted:

It appears to be the megabloks halo tank and banshee?

Heresy!

But seriously yeah, that's what it looks like.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Found this morning at Toys R Us in San Juan, Puerto Rico. Someone got there before me and took all the divers and conquistadors and pirate captains.

Arsenal_12 fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Aug 16, 2012

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
I know the black robot is a reuse from the first line of CMF's but I like it a lot better than the silver one for some reason.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Aw man I was so excited for a minute there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Scored an old-timey diving suit minifig at TRU today. I love the expression on his face: " :haw: "

He came with an extra little grey 1x1 brick that I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do with, though.