Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

I just checked it looks like the same old thing, trying to hock calendars, blogging about feetballs, perving on Emilia Clarke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

~*~*~ she gets lovelier every year ~*~*~

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

IRQ posted:

I just checked it looks like the same old thing, trying to hock calendars, blogging about feetballs, perving on Emilia Clarke.

Absolut Fucker posted:

She gets lovelier every year.
Current Mood: happy

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you
Is this the third time since the release of A poo poo with Drag Queens any of you has taken the time to visit his not-a-blog

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
I think it's the second. The first time someone found GRRM hawking a pinup calendar for women in literature, including Cersei.

The Mutato
Feb 23, 2011

Neil deGrasse Highson
Current Mood: lethargic
Tags: nfl

grrm is poo poo, poo poo grrm - that is all
ye know in life, and all ye need to know

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
It's been a year and a half since the release of A Spritz of Spray Dook. Let's see how much GRRM has written:

brakeless
Apr 11, 2011

Anders posted:

Is this the third time since the release of A poo poo with Drag Queens any of you has taken the time to visit his not-a-blog

whowhatwhere posted:

I think it's the second. The first time someone found GRRM hawking a pinup calendar for women in literature, including Cersei.

Amazing how little it takes to explain the sense of despair that underpins this thread.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.
You can't objectify or degrade imaginary women, they are imaginary. Also actresses are basically imaginary too because who are they really?? Just fake characters.

Edit: Why can't GRRM spell the names of the players on one of his favorite teams correctly? Marc Sanchez? Shonn Green? I'm not even a Jets fan nor am I a professional writer and I know better than that poo poo.

Sophia fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Dec 16, 2012

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
From the drunk thread:

Jangles posted:

Game of thrones christmas special with tywin as scrooge BOOM

You know what you need to do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQliRNdiV8o

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight

Contra Calculus posted:

Oh, also, w/r/t The Hobbit: The guy who played Bilbo did an excellent job. Like infinitely better than Elijah Wood as "I'm-acting-like-a-ten-year-old-even-though-I'm-supposed-to-be-30" Frodo in the first trilogy. Also, Thorin was awesome in this adaptation. The Gollum riddle scene was good.

Oh and Sauron's in it. Anyone who is a Tolkien ultra-goon spergelord will know who he is when they see/hear of him.

I've not seen it but the necromancer in the mirkwood or whatever the gently caress right. Also why are you spoilering anything from a thousand year old book, in the bad thread.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.
Well this is just delightful (ASoIaF as a children's rhyme):

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Were they colour-blind? It took a while to notice the writing.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Here's the original:

Anyways, my friend reading ASOS was still shocked by the extent of the Red Wedding, even though he knew Robb was gonna get it sooner or later. He wants all the Freys and Boltons to burn, preferably by Dany's dragons (heh). Joffrey's cathartic death was tempered by Ice being iced broken up, and he now eagerly awaits Oberyn, one of his new favorites, killing Gregor (:unsmigghh:). As fun as ASOS was the first time around, seeing a friend's reaction is so much better. As will his reactions to AFFC/ADWD as a whole.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Preview edit: ^^^^ much better.

rejutka posted:

Were they colour-blind? It took a while to notice the writing.

I got all the way to Ygritte before I noticed any lettering but just chalked it up to being hung over. Scrolled back up and squinted a bit and it was pretty good. Kind of like Edward Gorey.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Urdnot Fire posted:

he now eagerly awaits Oberyn, one of his new favorites, killing Gregor (:unsmigghh:).

He hasn't learned anything :allears:

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Well he's right...eventually.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Sophia posted:

You can't objectify or degrade imaginary women, they are imaginary. Also actresses are basically imaginary too because who are they really?? Just fake characters.

Edit: Why can't GRRM spell the names of the players on one of his favorite teams correctly? Marc Sanchez? Shonn Green? I'm not even a Jets fan nor am I a professional writer and I know better than that poo poo.

That vid of GURM talking about nude scenes with Clarke wincing in the background might be the most uncomfortable thing I've ever seen.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

whowhatwhere posted:

He hasn't learned anything :allears:
"OBERYN BLEW IT?!?" :allears: He still knows Tyrion's not gonna bite this early in the series, but he has no idea of the wonders yet to come on that front (Tywin, Shae, Pretty Pig)...

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k

run DNC posted:

I've not seen it but the necromancer in the mirkwood or whatever the gently caress right. Also why are you spoilering anything from a thousand year old book, in the bad thread.

Because I'm loving retarded, that's why.

Oh man what a blog update... that update being more water-logged calendars. That fucker has probably been focusing on all his time and effort either writing about his dancing slug of a tongue making sweet love to a pizza, or he's been sitting on the can looking for inspiration in another poo poo-spraying scene.

Contra Calculus fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Dec 17, 2012

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Urdnot Fire posted:

"OBERYN BLEW IT?!?" :allears: He still knows Tyrion's not gonna bite this early in the series, but he has no idea of the wonders yet to come on that front (Tywin, Shae, Pretty Pig)...

We'd been better off if Tyrion croaked instead of the absolutly lovely chapters in A Dinner With Dungbeetles

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Contra Calculus posted:

Because I'm loving retarded, that's why.

Oh man what a blog update... that update being more water-logged calendars.

You LIE! The calendars aren't waterlogged at all :mad:

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

whowhatwhere posted:

What's the point then?

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.

whowhatwhere posted:

because it's not water :ssh:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

This year it's DIY, like craftbrewing. You buy the calendar and waterlog it with your own runny faeces. Buy a couple of calendars and change your diet up from day to day to really hand-craft some truly delightful collectables.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

But the shitberries come separately! :mad:

Carly Gay Dead Son
Aug 27, 2007

Bonus.
poo poo berries? Feh. A calendar full of scantily clad female lit characters is all I need to create a flowing stream of bodily fluid. It's an all-in-one kit, really.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
When you live like Gurm you don't need shitberries.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting
You know, I honestly wonder: if GRRM is having so much trouble writing, why doesn't he hire someone, dictate a first draft, then edit it himself? Okay yeah, there's probably some 'A WRITER SHOULD PUT DOWN EVERY WORD HIMSELF' in it, but when you've taken 11 years to release essentially one (albeit a REALLY FRICKING LONG) book, I think you've lost the right to complain about artistic sensibilities.

And before anyone makes the expected joke, I assume it's all the background details like towns and buildings and clothing and styles that's snarling him up, rather than the conversations and the more...UNFORTUNATE scenes.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

He won't do that because he doesn't know what to do with his story.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I don't think it's the background poo poo that's loving him up, I think it's the sheer scope having exploded far beyond his original idea. Now he's got this huge shitfit of a story snarling back into itself like a ball of tangled strings and he's essentially writing multiple novellas that all intertwine. It's a very intimidating format and I do feel as if he's lost a great deal of steam as the series went on.

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.
In fairness to him I think that his task is super loving hard I do not envy him trying to rope this bad boy into a cohesive narrative.

In unfairness to him, if he wasn't so terrible at editing or planning ahead etc he could have avoided this to some degree.

Bluedust
Jan 7, 2009

by Ralp

Sophia posted:

In fairness to him I think that his task is super loving hard I do not envy him trying to rope this bad boy into a cohesive narrative.

In unfairness to him, if he wasn't so terrible at editing or planning ahead etc he could have avoided this to some degree.

If Sanderson can put together the ending of the Wheel of Time, another author's 2 decade old clusterfuck work, and still make it come off well, then GRRM can loving write his books. All it shows to me is he's an Absolute Fucker with no work ethic and doesn't give a poo poo about his fans or ASOIAF.

In a year and a half have we even heard of a book update at all?

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

Well gently caress. I didn't mean to derail the thread with talk about the books and the not-a-writer

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
We've been screaming for years at George: "Write the loving books or hand it off to someone else, you fat gently caress. You're going to die soon and we want to know what happens in this godawful story you shat out."

Bluedust
Jan 7, 2009

by Ralp

Contra Calculus posted:

We've been screaming for years at George: "Write the loving books or hand it off to someone else, you fat gently caress. You're going to die soon and we want to know what happens in this godawful story you shat out."

Being a Wheel of Time fan since 6th grade (Edit: 29 now :( ), I feel close to this issue. While RJ started really writing way too much bullshit he was at least still working on his life's work.

GRRM just really pisses me off in that regard. He just doesn't care. I can see how Wild Cards happened because I just read the series last year and I'm already pissed at GRRM.

Bluedust fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Dec 18, 2012

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Robert Jordan also reigned himself in and got good again before he died as well as leaving detailed notes and passing the legacy on. Gurm won't do that because 1) Gurm doesn't know where the story is going and 2) he's kind of a (poo poo)dick.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I don't think it's the background poo poo that's loving him up, I think it's the sheer scope having exploded far beyond his original idea. Now he's got this huge shitfit of a story snarling back into itself like a ball of tangled strings and he's essentially writing multiple novellas that all intertwine. It's a very intimidating format and I do feel as if he's lost a great deal of steam as the series went on.

Its not only that.

You can sum up the series as: haha you thought THIS was going to happen?!?! gently caress YOU

I've never seen something as well-known and successful that runs on upending the good will and trust of its audience. What else does the GURM have left to gently caress with? Tyrion rides a pig. Dany sprays poo poo like Yellowstone. Jon's dead (hahaha I know).

If your muse runs on a fetid combination of spite and stinky sexual disfunction, you're going to be running on empty about now.

EDIT: Absolut Fucker.

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Dec 18, 2012

p.crestmont
Feb 17, 2012

Bluedust posted:

Being a Wheel of Time fan since 6th grade (Edit: 29 now :( ), I feel close to this issue. While RJ started really writing way too much bullshit he was at least working on his life's work.

I dropped out after book 8 (I think) of Wheel of Time, I remember it as 800+ pages of insubstantial nothing ending with a huge event, then going back into nothing in the next book (made it maybe a couple hundred pages in to book 9 and lost interest). So it picks up and gets better? I kind of want to try to read the entire series from the start and see if I can finish it before TWOW is finished GRRM dies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedust
Jan 7, 2009

by Ralp
I mean book 10 is awful. 8, 9, 10 are bad. I can't sugarcoat it. But they're really short. Honestly book 10 started out as the prologue for Knife of Dreams and got huge.

Here's all I can say, a series that started in 1990 is ending on Jan 8th. There's many slow spots, but the last 3 (and I'm sure the final book) are phenomenal.