Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Where are the hoodies, man

(My husband's "What we need more of is SCIENCE!" hoodie finally wore out.)

Ray PLEASE man you ain't need to be a poster

ChickenOfTomorrow fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Apr 1, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you
There comes a time.

I watched those animated shorts the other day and, well, I dunno. It's strange more than anything to hear the characters voiced at all; I never once pondered what real person any given character would/should sound like, and hearing actual voices come out of them...it doesn't exactly weird me out, but I'm not sure I personally care for the idea of an animated or otherwise non-comic Achewood. Different strokes and all that.

That said, towards the (apparent) end of the comic's run it was easy to get the impression Onstad had pretty much exploited that medium for all its worth, so if he wants to try something different, who can blame him? An animated show could well reach a lot of people who wouldn't give the comic the time of day or simply are unaware of its existence, and that's probably better than nothing.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
I kind of just want the first panel of this by itself as a poster.
Thrilled to see the store return. Gonna have to get one of those mugs with the classic image.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

Well at least I'll sort of be able to replace my Here Comes A Special Boy shirt, though I've got a brown ringer and it looks like it only comes in blue now. At least the sentiment can be preserved. I'll need to be sparing with my Great Outdoor Fight one though.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Telex posted:

I want hoodies. I don't wear t-shirts often enough.

Yeah, I bet t-shirts make it harder to gently caress your armpit

gwaaargh
Jul 7, 2010

by XyloJW

Rollersnake posted:

I love that series of Great Outdoor Fight posters. I'd never seen those before.

I think the 50s poster is my favourite, but the change in styles across the decades is a great piece of work in and of itself.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
I wish Onstad wasn't so committed to only selling strip reproductions in their entireties. Some panel sets have more impact without the rest of the strip.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
He probably doesn't want segments of strips used out of context in ways he didn't intend.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Darthemed posted:

I wish Onstad wasn't so committed to only selling strip reproductions in their entireties. Some panel sets have more impact without the rest of the strip.

You could always do to the full strip repro what you just did to the image, using a hobby knife and some rubber cement.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Let me know when I can get a shirt that tells everyone I meet that I am, in fact, the dude who sucks.

Plus, I got depression.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Dickeye posted:

Let me know when I can get a shirt that tells everyone I meet that I am, in fact, the dude who sucks.

Plus, I got depression.

I'm waiting for the onesies that say "FUTURE DEAD PERSON" because I know a lot of people who are having kids right about now.

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
I remember when he sold a random Grab-back of shirts, I got hella lucky and nabbed myself a "WHAT THE HELL PEOPLE" shirt. I passed it on to my younger sister who wears it proudly.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

He's adding more shirts as people request them on twitter, which is nice.

https://achewood.myshopify.com/collections/t-shirts/products/what-the-hell-people-t-shirt

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Kaboobi posted:

He's adding more shirts as people request them on twitter, which is nice.

https://achewood.myshopify.com/collections/t-shirts/products/what-the-hell-people-t-shirt

Oh hell and yes, he added "What the HELL people". Now we just need the rest of these. And this one, I guess.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.
The past couple of days I keep thinking about how simple and brilliant this line is:

"Orgasms are wonderful. Otherwise, they wouldn't be."

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
On t'other hand, a couple pages before he straight up made Cornelius say a limerick.

e: When you answer the first question on the CIR-25-1 with a "c", it means you are five.

Blue Raider
Sep 2, 2006

I want to order a print, but I can't decide. I can not decide.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

This is excellent news, as my Dude and Catastrophe hoodie was looking a little ragged the other day and now I have a hope of replacing it if need be.

Philippe's Flow Chart needs its very own giant poser.

YES!

HI!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I want Beef's flowchart without Philippe to put in my cubicle at work

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

The past couple of days I keep thinking about how simple and brilliant this line is:

"Orgasms are wonderful. Otherwise, they wouldn't be."

Probably not. is one of those things that doesn't seem like it should be great, but I keep thinking about.

Also man I do not need five achewood t-shirts and yet that is exactly what I see in my cart here.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
I really want to replace my 'The Dude Has No Mecry' shirt, which has never fit me. But man, $25. That's pretty pricey.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

Revol posted:

I really want to replace my 'The Dude Has No Mecry' shirt, which has never fit me. But man, $25. That's pretty pricey.

I don't know, that seems to be the going price for t-shirts that aren't mass produced.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Anyone got a link to the weird comic where he make a little flow chart of masturbating into a toilet and writes "CARTOONING" under it?

gwaaargh
Jul 7, 2010

by XyloJW
I certainly do.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Thank you sir, I dunno what made me think of it, probably Gunshow Comic's 24th installment of Graveyard Quest :ninja:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Be sure to get your portraits of the artist as a young man while you can. I have the feeling this item may disappear in the next few days.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Deathlove posted:

Probably not. is one of those things that doesn't seem like it should be great, but I keep thinking about.

Oh man I'd forgotten all about this.

"Do you know how rare that is?"
"I'm guessing it gets less rare the closer you get to a school."

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Oh man I'd forgotten all about this.

"Do you know how rare that is?"
"I'm guessing it gets less rare the closer you get to a school."
Dude.

Roast Beef doesn't use periods. <:mad:>

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

https://achewood.myshopify.com/collections/mousepads/products/ray-mousepad

Why's that say Ray Mousepad.

ain't Ray.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Beef gave Ray that mousepad so Ray would feel Roast Beef silently judging him whenever he got the urge to visit websites featuring ladies sitting on frosted desserts.

gwaaargh
Jul 7, 2010

by XyloJW
Ray picks up the mouse as he tries to move it. We know this.

Py-O-My
Jan 12, 2001

Darthemed posted:

Be sure to get your portraits of the artist as a young man while you can. I have the feeling this item may disappear in the next few days.

He's already pulled the Fuckin' mousepad.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Darthemed posted:

Why would anyone ever even buy this? :psyduck:

Exit Strategy
Dec 10, 2010

by sebmojo

Py-O-My posted:

Dammit. I don't own a mouse, but I wanted one.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Py-O-My posted:

Son of a Bitch. I really need to own that picture in some form or another.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

change my name posted:

Why would anyone ever even buy this? :psyduck:

I'm sure if he offered it someone would buy this license plate frame

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

redmercer posted:

I'm sure if he offered it someone would buy this license plate frame

I would spend a non-trivial amount of money affixing those to other people's cars.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I love living in the future.

http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:69763

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Zereth posted:

Dude.