Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Oh sweet, the Akiba translation is up, now to wait for the SD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Dunno if anyone here watches Linkara's HoPR videos but Mystic Force is up nearly a year after the previous one. Dude takes 90 minutes to say what should take 20 words or less and even then doesn't reach the right conclusion, which should simply be:

"Mystic Force had a bomb-rear end theme song and the Pink was a cute butch chick. Peace out, ya'll."

Cliff Racer posted:

Oh sweet, the Akiba translation is up, now to wait for the SD.

My toaster brethren!

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Actually if it takes six hours for Azrael to go to bed and wake up, well thats about when I go to work to, so I powered through the HD and just dealt with it for the jaggedy fight scenes. Loved their interpretation of last season's climax and the last minute is an amazing hook to keep you watching for next week.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Box of Bunnies posted:

"Mystic Force had a bomb-rear end theme song and the Pink was a cute butch chick. Peace out, ya'll."

You are the first I've seen in reality that likes the Mystic Force theme.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Tae posted:

We're like Immortals.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

Cliff Racer posted:

Actually if it takes six hours for Azrael to go to bed and wake up, well thats about when I go to work to, so I powered through the HD and just dealt with it for the jaggedy fight scenes. Loved their interpretation of last season's climax and the last minute is an amazing hook to keep you watching for next week.

Az could've slept 15 hours if he wanted and it wouldn't have mattered, because he's not involved in Akiba at all :ssh:

The SD's up anyways. There's also this JP guy in the comment thread who always posts 720p hardsubs of our stuff, if that interests you.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Also I thought the jaggedy bit was intentional?

BoutrosBoutros
Dec 6, 2010

Rei_ posted:

Also I thought the jaggedy bit was intentional?

Yeah it is. That was just how the show was in the very first bit, for whatever reason. It's like dream sequence thing.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Box of Bunnies posted:

Finally a kindred spirit! I liked that the MF theme was trying to be different from all the others while aping Andre 3000 wholesale. It's catchy as poo poo!

I tried watching those Linkra videos, but the guy is just so dull and his jokes are usually terrible. This is the only Power Ranger retrospective I'll ever need: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH_2qqCoiQw

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I was mad when this episode of Akibaranger was a clip show...then everything started to make sense. This show is delightful.

.Clash
Apr 10, 2009
Theres an akiba thread up y'all :ssh:

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Box of Bunnies posted:

Dunno if anyone here watches Linkara's HoPR videos but Mystic Force is up nearly a year after the previous one. Dude takes 90 minutes to say what should take 20 words or less and even then doesn't reach the right conclusion, which should simply be:

I kinda gave up on him after he spent like five minutes of the SPD one to say 'they started overusing explosions in this one, it's kind of annoying'.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Tae posted:

It's really not that bad. Nowhere near as awful as Operation Overdrive's.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I have a feeling the Operation Overdrive one will be twice as painful with his 'I don't watch the Sentai' rule.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

"I dont watch and care about the sentai even though everything I hate about power Rangers is handled better, and YES I KNOW I MIGHT LIKE IT so stop asking me these confusing questions. Now back to the callous explosions....."

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

I killed Chin the Conqueror.
If Linkara started watching sentai I would rage, I hope he remains ignorant forever and stays out of the things I like. I'm so tired of him.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RBX posted:

"I dont watch and care about the sentai even though everything I hate about power Rangers is handled better, and YES I KNOW I MIGHT LIKE IT so stop asking me these confusing questions. Now back to the callous explosions....."
Eh, I can understand going 'well, I just don't want to watch sentai." but he went on for like ten loving minutes when he could have said "I don't want to watch the sentai."

Omaricondego
Jul 5, 2011
Finally watched all the Kyoryu Cyan episodes and ended up making this.

http://youtu.be/h92KEWcx_3Q

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

RBX posted:

His past explanations of why have been so... non-explanitive that its done nothing to stop people asking why, so that is probably why he took so much time. Not having watched the latest set of episodes (I've come to the realization that I just DO NOT CARE about what the villains do in a particular Power Rangers season and since Linkara doesn't know crap about how the actual productions were handled there's no reason for me to watch,) I assume his ten minute explanation did not include things like "I just can't stand sub-titles" or "I already saw most of the plot basics from that year's PR season." Lacking good reasons its surely frustrating to hear someone would rather rewatch the same shows over and over.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The idea of going through the entire series of Power Rangers and giving a season overview podcast style is neat. Unfortunately it's Linkara that's doing it, I don't think anyone needs his flaws pointed out. It'd be awesome if someone with an easier voice to listen to do something similar, and compared it to the Sentai. At the rate that Linkra goes anyway it's much quicker to watch an episode a week and you'll still finish the series before he does.

I wanted to send the link to my brother anyway since he doesn't seem to mind Linkara and I got this:

:lol:

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Apr 12, 2013

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

I killed Chin the Conqueror.
The real problem is that he would no doubt be watching the TV-N versions, and I honestly don't think that the fabric of our universe can handle the stress of two such awful things converging on video on the internet.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
At least you might get new traffic to your website then.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

SpazmasterX posted:

It's really not that bad. Nowhere near as awful as Operation Overdrive's.

That's what I was going to say. I enjoyed Mystic Force's theme as well.

Chibs
Jun 28, 2004

bring it back :guillotine:
A new Ultraman TV series is starting up, and it's not a compilation or a grimdark!

http://herotaku.com/2013/04/12/99596/ultraman-ginga-unveiled/

quote:

Ultraman Ginga will take the form of 30 minute episodes and be shown within the New Ultraman Retsuden (the Ultra biography series), starting from the 10th of July. There will be 13 Episodes in total; 6 will be broadcast between July and August; a further 5 will be broadcast during November and December; and there are 2 special episodes to be screened at events. Unlike the previous series shown within Retsuden, Ultraman Zero Fight, these episodes will be 30 minutes and not shorts.

In Ultraman Ginga, an evil force has turned all of the Ultra Warriors and Kaiju into small doll-like things, they eventually arrive on Earth during a Meteor shower. 17 year old High School student Hikaru Raido (played by Takuya Negishi) finds the Ginga Spark, an item which allows him to change the transformed Ultra Warriors back into their original forms, allows him to become Ultraman Ginga, and allows him to ‘Ultra-Live’ to fuse with the dolls he finds.

He will be aided/joined in his Ultraman High School adventures by his fellow classmates:
  • Misuzu Isurugi (played by Mio Miyatake): a childhood friend of Hikaru.
  • Kenta Watarai (Misugi Oono): Also a childhood friend and funnyman of the group.
  • Sakuchi Kuno (Kirara): Another childhood friend and another heroine, apparently.
  • Tomoya Ichijoji (Takuya Kusakawa): Hikaru’s cool rival.
Ultraman Ginga promises a fresh story with a fresh cast, meshing a modern Japan High School setting with the traditional Kaiju fighting Ultraman flavour. Filming has just begun this week.

The show will be directed by: Abe Yuichi, Tomoo Haruguchi, Kengo Kaji, and Yoshikazu Ishii.

The episode count is fine, but... I really don't get the scheduling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDdW85NQ9wQ

Aaaand toys

Chibs fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 12, 2013

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Flameingblack posted:

The idea of going through the entire series of Power Rangers and giving a season overview podcast style is neat. Unfortunately it's Linkara that's doing it, I don't think anyone needs his flaws pointed out. It'd be awesome if someone with an easier voice to listen to do something similar, and compared it to the Sentai. At the rate that Linkra goes anyway it's much quicker to watch an episode a week and you'll still finish the series before he does.
Well I need something to do, so why not? I'm going to watch some Zyuranger and maybe make a podcast because I can't really do video editing (too poor).

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Chibs posted:

A new Ultraman TV series is starting up, and it's not a compilation or a grimdark!

http://herotaku.com/2013/04/12/99596/ultraman-ginga-unveiled/

The episode count is fine, but... I really don't get the scheduling.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eDdW85NQ9wQ

Aaaand toys

So it's basically Gokultraman Decade?

Mecha Gojira
Jun 23, 2006

Jack Nissan

mikeycp posted:

So it's basically Gokultraman Decade?

I was going to make a Mebius comment, but this new series seems to actually be about taking the powers and forms of Ultramen and monsters, so yeah, closer in execution to Gokaiger/Decade.

The costumes look great. Not sure how the high school setting will work, especially considering that every Ultra series ever was focused around the Science Patrol equivalent of the season. Plus, you know, generic annoyance of the high school setting in general. It 's great they're moving away from the formula, but they're replacing it with a cliche.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Decided to watch the new Garo already because of that one post and it was really good. I didn't even know there was a new Garo coming out until someone mentioned it here a few weeks back, so I knew nothing about it. I was not expecting entirely new setting and cast. Is anyone planning on making a thread for it?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Previous Garo threads haven't gone over so well, so I'm okay with just keeping it in here.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Making one when we release, yeah. GARO got watched by a bunch of people who will never click this thread remember.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
How long has this old factory been used?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Let's try to keep this one from just being O-T staff.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!
Is Magiranger worth my time? I'm about to finish Shinkenger and I've already burned through Gokaiger, Jetman and Dairanger enjoying them all immensely. Despite the many and various problems with Linkara's productions I enjoy his reviews and watching the one for Mystic Force made me interested in Magiranger. That and finding out Beet Buster was one of the siblings.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

toomanyninjas posted:

Is Magiranger worth my time? I'm about to finish Shinkenger and I've already burned through Gokaiger, Jetman and Dairanger enjoying them all immensely. Despite the many and various problems with Linkara's productions I enjoy his reviews and watching the one for Mystic Force made me interested in Magiranger. That and finding out Beet Buster was one of the siblings.

What's your tolerance for this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZBsPSiS__U

If you can handle it without wanting to beat yourself, you're probably fine as it's a good series. It's just a fairly goofy series with some questionable humor. Also Mandora Boy.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Magiranger is worth everyone's time. Only about half of it is available in non-Takenoko-tachi form though from memory so it also depends on your "we couldn't be arsed translating bro and sis" tolerance too.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!
No worse than Uhura's fan dance! I'll get the first episode and see if I can take it.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
So today I've seen the Kakurangers dance, Bandora sing and now the Magi girls do both.

Duet
Aug 18, 2007

you stupid bitch, fred flinstone's hee-home
Magiranger was the first sentai series I started watching and it's pun intended magical. Utterly goofy and really fun, Mandora Boy notwithstanding.

toomanyninjas posted:

That and finding out Beet Buster was one of the siblings.

I honestly would have never put this together until now. That's especially cool because Jin is the best. :allears:

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Duet posted:

Magiranger was the first sentai series I started watching and it's pun intended magical. Utterly goofy and really fun, Mandora Boy notwithstanding.

Even Mandora has his moments when Tsubasa is fed up with everyone's poo poo and decides to weaponize him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
Something got into me tonight and now I'm 1/3 through translating the first episode of JAKQ Dengekitai. Just thought you might like to know. I promise I'll finish more of it than GUIS did.

• Locked thread