Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

OldCharlie posted:

So I had the lest bits of my tattoo finished. It still needs some touch ups. Probably get a blue background put in.

You should really post in the Goon Tattoo thread in YLLS, that's where all the cool kids show off their tattoos :coal:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

OldCharlie posted:

So I had the lest bits of my tattoo finished. It still needs some touch ups. Probably get a blue background put in.

I guess this means I have to eat you if we ever met.

My terrible lingcod, the octopus natural predator.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
6/10 idea

0/10 mechanics

0/10 execution

Why is the line in the BOTTOM of the can/bottle? :psyduck:

Also, how hard is it to google an IV line?

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed
The paramedics are going to love him if he ever gets into a car accident.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

OldCharlie posted:

...damnit, I've wanted almost this exact same thing as a tattoo forever. :argh:

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

At first I thought it was the octopus from that Gentle Giant album, but I guess not. There's something delightfully nerdy about the thought of getting a prog rock tattoo (other than that terrible Dark Side of the Moon one that I think was in the previous thread).

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.

OldCharlie posted:

You do realize this is the bad Tattoo thread, right?

Taeke
Feb 2, 2010

I'm guessing her was just fishing for compliments.

Awesome tattoo though.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Also, how hard is it to google an IV line?

Looks like a stethoscope with a needle on the bottom.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

OldCharlie posted:

What up, Octopus tattoo buddy! Mine's smaller, a bit more cartoony, and is holding a wooden pipe.

slingshot effect
Sep 28, 2009

the wonderful wizard of welp

Groan.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Aaaand we're back on track. I don't know why but that one really speaks to me from the depths of awfulness. I think in my heart of hearts that I could do better with a bottle of wine, some crazy pills and a bic (the 4-colour badboy) .

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

I don't even get what that's supposed to be. Tribal tartan?

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

I'm bad at remembering names, but there is a tattooist that does really scratchy tattoos that are highly sought after.

This looks like someone completely missing the point of those.

e: Yann Travaille?

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Jonny Nox posted:

I'm bad at remembering names, but there is a tattooist that does really scratchy tattoos that are highly sought after.

Lionel Out of Step? :toot:

http://el.fahy.free.fr/index2.html

Jisae
Oct 1, 2004

What a bargain!

The tattoo itself is okay, I do like the stylization, but it's not something I would get myself. My biggest peeve about it though is it seems like a "getting my first tattoo, better be on my hand and lower arm so everyone will see it!" spur-of-the-moment hipster thing.

Defnoops
Aug 25, 2006
Cheese is a kind of meat

Jonny Nox posted:

David Hale?
http://lovehawk.com/home/

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Jisae posted:

My biggest peeve about it though is it seems like a "getting my first tattoo, better be on my hand and lower arm so everyone will see it!" spur-of-the-moment hipster thing.
It doesn't look like a spur-of-the-moment tattoo to me. It looks planned in advance especially for its size and style. Which makes it even worse because while the idea of stylization is ok - it's absolutely atrocious here. It looks like somebody with high school art class skills designed it and not an artist - there's no sense of proportions or forms and the linework of the hachure is completely awful. Ugh.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!

I looked through this guy's gallery to see what you were talking about and then I saw this:

:stare: I'm not sure if I want to know if there's a story behind it.

Slamma Jamma!
May 20, 2010

Here's another wonderful tattooer to add to the books... she tattooed the bottom of her foot in her kitchen after being kicked out of the shop she worked at. Here are some of my personal favorites:

aaaand, the kitchen tattoo on the bottom of her foot:

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Jisae posted:

The tattoo itself is okay, I do like the stylization, but it's not something I would get myself. My biggest peeve about it though is it seems like a "getting my first tattoo, better be on my hand and lower arm so everyone will see it!" spur-of-the-moment hipster thing.

She does seem to have a similarly crappy tattoo on her upper arm so it's probably not her first piece.

Geolicious
Oct 21, 2003

Our posturings, our imagined self-importance, the delusion that we have some privileged position in the Universe, are challenged by this point of pale light. Our planet is a lonely speck in the great enveloping cosmic dark.
Lipstick Apathy

This is terrible. But it had the potential to be so much more terrible and for some reason I am filled with a little relief.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Miss Kalle posted:

I looked through this guy's gallery to see what you were talking about and then I saw this:

:stare: I'm not sure if I want to know if there's a story behind it.

I have a friend with something very similar; her story at least is that it was a drawing her toddler did one morning during breakfast, and he was killed in a car accident a few hours later. So she had it tattooed over her heart.:smithicide:

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
I shall return tomorrow.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Tremors posted:

I shall return tomorrow.

Related, seen on facebook today:

Osaka White
Dec 26, 2010

im not falling
for it!!! tit face

Some guy I know. That's his surname.

I just... don't know why he thought that was a good idea.

Csixtyfour
Jan 14, 2004

flaccid dongs

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

UNDIES

You can't criticize a man for feeling strongly about his shorts.

Bast Relief
Feb 21, 2006

by exmarx
At the gym today I saw a 40-something dad-type guy with no other body modifications, ink or otherwise with three diamonds pierced in a line on each forearm.

What do you call it when there is no exit hole? These things were just imbedded there, and were red and slightly swollen.

Its so strange when people suddenly get a rather extreme or uniquely placed form of body modification as their first.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Devor posted:

UNDIES

You can't criticize a man for feeling strongly about his shorts.

Glad that I wasn't the only one that read it as that at first pass.
Some tattoos that popped up for "undies tattoo" under a GIS. No clue why, but they are tasteless.

Bored has a new favorite as of 03:31 on May 16, 2013

SpellEdge
Sep 14, 2007
Atk:13 Add: Don't Act

jidohanbaiki posted:

At the gym today I saw a 40-something dad-type guy with no other body modifications, ink or otherwise with three diamonds pierced in a line on each forearm.

What do you call it when there is no exit hole? These things were just imbedded there, and were red and slightly swollen.

Its so strange when people suddenly get a rather extreme or uniquely placed form of body modification as their first.

They were probably dermal anchors. Forearms seems like a pretty bad place. One snag and you're hosed.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Thank god I wasn't the only one who instantly thought of this. Those poor, savaged gums.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

And, uh, I just bit into bacon and both my front temporary crowns cracked and fell off. Not tattoo related, but kind of weird considering the nerve ending pictures there.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

I'm now glad my parents didn't let me watch Ren and Stimpy.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Jonny Nox posted:

Yann Black. http://www.yourmeatismine.com/

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

polpotpotpotpotpot posted:

Related, seen on facebook today:

Pardon my ignorance, but how do you "run out" of designs? I know there is a stencil pattern that the artist kind of tattoos over freehand, but I thought that was inked in too (I have a small one and you can still kind of see the outline). Don't tattoo artists design their own much of the time? If so, how do you "run out" of something that you create on a person's body?

I guess it's been a long drat time since I got my single, solitary (regretted) tattoo.

Xandu
Feb 19, 2006

It's hard to be humble when you're as great as I am.

They're saying the designs are cliche and they won't tattoo them on people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Xandu posted:

They're saying the designs are cliche and they won't tattoo them on people.

The crows and seeds flying from the plants must be an east coast thing because I dont think I've ever seen one out here in CA.

You could replace those with the stupid NorCal star and sparrow and it would be perfect.

• Locked thread