Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Ugh, just caught that last episode. So much terrible dialogue and tepid unending scenes I had to check out who wrote it and was unsurprised to see that it was good ol' GRRM. Keep George RR Martin out of my Game of Thrones dammit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Rose-tinted glasses had me remembering ASoS as a good book. So season 4 will probably be good, since this one is just terrible.

Oberyn :allears: My ~Daario :swoon:

It's a pisser the show split the book, because no one can make the obvious "Four Weddings and a Shitload of Funerals" joke.

Bluedust
Jan 7, 2009

by Ralp
Does anyone have the gif of Sophie wiping her hand after shaking Gurm's? trying to find it for a friend to continue convincing him how creepy he is.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'

Bluedust posted:

Does anyone have the gif of Sophie wiping her hand after shaking Gurm's? trying to find it for a friend to continue convincing him how creepy he is.

Your friend needs convincing?

Bluedust
Jan 7, 2009

by Ralp

El Hefe posted:

Your friend needs convincing?

No we're already there. It's actually Alan Smithee who is a show only guy, but I've made him hate GRRM. True Wildcard I suppose. He just wants to see the hand wipe.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Joffrey's death is surely going to be episode 10, right guys?

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

In a shocking twist, it's Joffrey who dies at the Red Wedding in episode 9, rather than Robb and Cat.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Rarity posted:

They're killing him offscreen between 8 and 9 during Memorial Day weekend.

The Riddle of Feel
Feb 2, 2013

Joffrey walks into the Great Hall of the twins, and everything stops with clanking of forks and a twinging of lutes. Everyone stops to stare at him. Joffrey turns to Walder Frey, to Robb, back to the door, back to Robb, to Walder Frey, back to the door, to the bards, back to the door, back to Walder Frey, to Talisa, back to Robb, back to the door, back to Robb, back to the door, to Robb again.

Roose Bolton walks in. Roose looks to Joffrey. To Robb. Back to Joffrey. Roose fingers a sliver of penis skin in his gloved fingers.

"This," says Joffrey, "is incredibly unfair."

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Personally I hope the show ends with ADWD. The last scene will be Emilia Clarke making GBS threads brown water furiously. Then HBO will cancel it.

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

Only if Roy Dotrice is narrating it.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat

Urdnot Fire posted:

Only if Roy Dotrice is narrating it.

Crazy old Roy Dotrice made me so sad in ADWD. I wish the people who produced that audiobook took even a moment to see which voices he gave to the characters during previous narrations. Dany is always terrible, but making her randomly sound like Ygrette (or however you spell her name) is just cruel and unusual.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Making him redo the Dany portions with the proper voice would have been even more cruel and unusual though.

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Vigilance posted:

Personally I hope the show ends with ADWD. The last scene will be Emilia Clarke making GBS threads brown water furiously. Then HBO will cancel it.

Based off some of the people that like the show, I am pretty sure this would only raise the ratings.

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Dead Man Posting posted:

a lot of you seem to think it'll happen next season/series.

Literally nobody thinks this. Where did you get this idea?

thornghost
Oct 11, 2010

I have a picture of me with GRRM. He looks less than enthused.

I hope for some reason it would cost too much money to film Joffrey's death and we just get a recap of what happens from Ros while she porks GRRM's self-insert character (which is all of them.)

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Ros is dead. Long live Varys and Olenna and Tywin.

By season 5, the entire show will just be them reading the books as though they were written as journals sent to them by raven.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Ros is dead, baby.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shoehead posted:

Ros is dead, baby.

Don't mean she can't do sex scenes :pervert:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Shoehead posted:

Ros is dead, baby.

Uh, hello? Lady Stonecunt, obviously.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Ok, yeah, gently caress it, Zombie Ros, let's do it.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Rarity posted:

The one death from the books I would not mind if they changed it for the show and kept the character alive instead would be Joffrey's, because Jack Gleeson is just so magnificent in the role.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Rose-tinted glasses had me remembering ASoS as a good book. So season 4 will probably be good, since this one is just terrible.

Oberyn :allears: My ~Daario :swoon:

It's a pisser the show split the book, because no one can make the obvious "Four Weddings and a Shitload of Funerals" joke.

I assume they won't have to cut much out of Books 4 and 5 since half of the chapters are inner monologues about traveling?

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

Uh, hello? Lady Stonecunt, obviously.

What another one?

You know, I vaguely recall somebody in one of these threads saying it would be hilarious if the Red Wedding was contrasted by Sansa's. Joffrey laughing and living it up while they're all slaughtered would get a timeless reaction from the other thread no matter how jaded they think they've become.

Come to think of it, that's probably how it will go. We'll cut back and forth between the two weddings and there will be closeups of the bands, so when the Rains of Castamere plays the audience will be confused as to what's happening where, and then have the same dawning horror as the characters when the betrayal is made manifest and and and I'm writing fan-fiction to a show that has already been written in a book. Goddammit.

The Riddle of Feel
Feb 2, 2013

Aren't they doing Sansa's wedding next week?

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

The Riddle of Feel posted:

Aren't they doing Sansa's wedding next week?

A very brief scene in the trailer for next week would seem to indicate Tyrion's wedding.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I reread AFFC's prologue earlier today.
The main narrative theme of it is a fat loser wants to take a 15 year old girl's virginity.
It is one (of many) chapters that can summarise GRRM perfectly.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Did Robb and Cat find out about Sansa and Tyrion before the Red Wedding?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Ofc. Sex Robot BPD posted:

Did Robb and Cat find out about Sansa and Tyrion before the Red Wedding?

I don't think they do. I think Sansa's marriage happens right before the Red Wedding because Tyrion hasn't been married to her for long when he has to inform her of her mother and brother's deaths.

Gimmedaroot
Aug 10, 2006

America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles of justice and progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.
-Barack Obama

Aurain posted:

Just wait till the racist chick from Westeros.org finds out Daario doesn't have blue hair because blue hair is for terrible pro wrestlers.

Why does GRRM associate with such an awful person? There has to be scores ofslightly more tolerable GRRM nerds who know as much about ASOIAF as she does, and some GRRM may even get to creep at his leisure?

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

Gimmedaroot posted:

Why does GRRM associate with such an awful person? There has to be scores ofslightly more tolerable GRRM nerds who know as much about ASOIAF as she does, and some GRRM may even get to creep at his leisure?

Except she gets most everything wrong, so what she "knows" is entirely up for debate

" Despite theories to the contrary, it is certainly the case that Jeyne is not pregnant with Robb’s child at this time. "

You don't know, Moon Tea might not be 100% effective!

rypakal fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 14, 2013

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

Gimmedaroot posted:

Why does GRRM associate with such an awful person?

why does a man known for writing about child rape one-handed and not for having even a modicum of personal responsibility or basic hygiene associate with Bad People, are you seriously asking this question

like what part of Absolute Fucker is ambiguous

nuncle jimbo fucked around with this message at 22:33 on May 14, 2013

Gimmedaroot
Aug 10, 2006

America and Islam are not exclusive and need not be in competition. Instead, they overlap, and share common principles of justice and progress, tolerance and the dignity of all human beings.
-Barack Obama
I agree he probably hung out with other GRRMY-pervs like himself, but that Jeyne lady is in a totally bat poo poo crazy universe. I don't see the mutual attraction other than being different types of creepy.

Woodpile
Mar 30, 2013

Gimmedaroot posted:

The doctor is in.

She got in on the ground floor. Like the sports superstars with their leeching entourages, GRRM doesn't want to appear like he's forgotten his roots. Or, possibly, she says the things he wish he could say, but can't.

That'll be five cents, please.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009

Dead Man Posting posted:

I got the same feeling from watching last night's episode that I did while reading ADWD

A throbbing boner??

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

bigmcgaffney posted:

A throbbing boner??

A better answer than mine, which was "I bet this will seem better if these stories go anywhere in the next one"

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

And then you realize you're waiting six years for the next one.

LooseChanj
Feb 17, 2006

Logicaaaaaaaaal!

Please post your height and weight, as well as what you consider to be "a few drinks".

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

LooseChanj posted:

Please post your height and weight, as well as what you consider to be "a few drinks".

7" 11' 250

I am an Adonis. All the Bad Thread ladies crave me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

IRQ posted:

7" 11' 250

I am an Adonis. All the Bad Thread ladies crave me.

11 feet 7 inches tall eh? At 250 lbs, I'd say you're much too thin.