Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

pentyne posted:

How have you guys not written the entire 7 books of Game of Bones? If the BFC erotica thread is any indication "real" erotica authors write a book every night.

Too busy talking about hockey :argh:

wait does that make hockey the erotic version of football?

Trabandiumium fucked around with this message at 13:06 on May 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Considering they don't do flashbacks or inner monologues, the entire Kingsmoot will last 2 episodes, tops.

The entirety of Dorne and Dany is about three episodes.

The travelogue of Tyrion, Jon and Sam is enough for five or six.

And AFFC/ADWD is already bleeding into seasons 3 and 4. I'll be amazed if AFFC/ADWD isn't wrapped up by the finale of season 5.

Chronologically, once Tyrion leaves King's Landing there's just 4 boat rides, unfilmable inner monologues and flashbacks, Brienne's boring quest, Cersei going to church jail, Arya warging into a cat, Frey pies, Jon fake out death, Stannis in a blizzard, and Dany dropping an epic deuce.

Season 5 will be boring as poo poo.

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 13:20 on May 18, 2013

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Holy Calamity! posted:

Here's chapter 6. I did it all in one take, first time reading it. And unlike norris I CAN do voices. This poo poo was loving HOT. What am I doing with my life.

:golfclap:

Well done.

Where did you learn to breathe?

nuncle jimbo
Apr 3, 2009

:pcgaming:

Junkenstein posted:

Seven seasons would mean they definitely finish before the books, but there's no way they'll fit four books into three seasons. I think the best thing would be, after next season, to just completely go their own path. They get to wrap up their story and we can still go on waiting for books that will never be written.

Edit: "Pending" is a nice way of putting it....

The heat death of the universe is pending as well, as is the robot uprising

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There is no way Gurm is finishing the series in two books.
There's no way he's even going to finish The Winds of Winter even when he splits it into two books, never mind finishing TWOW as he originally planned to.
The series will finish way before the books and the show kids are going to try and lord that over book readers in some inane way no doubt.

E: I am absolutely awful at grammar and typing.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 14:51 on May 18, 2013

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Tennessee is the most boring state to drive through. I better hear the GoT theme song like 90 times at this stupid ren fest.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

I hope you remember to gangrape a comely wench while you're there, to really make the setting feel authentic. She doesn't have to get with child or anything, and it's okay that you're gay. Rape isn't about sexual lust anyway, it's about authenticity!

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Aurain posted:

the show kids are going to try and lord that over book readers in some inane way no doubt.

Let's be honest, we kind of deserve it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

I hope you remember to gangrape a comely wench while you're there, to really make the setting feel authentic. She doesn't have to get with child or anything, and it's okay that you're gay. Rape isn't about sexual lust anyway, it's about authenticity!

I prefer anachronistic media like The Great Gatsby and Moulin Rouge. Authenticity is overrated and for boring nerds with elbow pads on their ill-fitting coats.

As such, I'll be blasting Mark Ronson and getting my gay sex on with a merling womb-man behind the fried Kool-aid stand.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Joramun posted:

Let's be honest, we kind of deserve it.

I imagine Gurm will change quite a lot of the important details should he some how manage to avoid a grisly death or incarceration for child molestation and finish the novels anyway.

Arbite
Nov 4, 2009

my cat is norris posted:

OKAY FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT HERE IS CHAPTER FIVE...as read by myself and IRQ. In which I drink a horrible mixed drink, and there is much laughter.

If thou desirest a more professional recording, I will do a redux on my own, but really, this is...this is precious enough on its own. IRQ had never before read the chapter and it was so long since I read it that it was pretty much brand new to me all over again.

Oh no wait hey Tindeck:

That was totally worth the wait. Thank you both so much for doing this. I loved it, but if you two do want to record it again (people will be buying this stuff... eventually), this may be useful. Also, it was a Razor Ramon/Scarface reference.

rawdog pozfail
Jan 2, 2006

by Ralp

my cat is norris posted:

:golfclap:

Well done.

Where did you learn to breathe?

Just singin'~

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Tennessee is the most boring state to drive through. I better hear the GoT theme song like 90 times at this stupid ren fest.

Tennessee is lovely in the summer. You need to eat a few grams of hash and just relax and enjoy the experience. Sometimes in the morning you get this wicked fog, and if you've been driving all night you might take the wrong turn and end up in some crazy town where you pass out on the side of the road and wake up and forget where you are and led zepplin is playing misty mountain hop and you think you are in loving hobbiton.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The temperature is only 80, which is much colder than New Orleans, but there's no liquor, so that's a horrible trade off.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
I have family in Tennessee. I went to Beale Street one night and one of the bars was blasting dubstep super loud, and I swear I felt BB King roll over in his grave to better position his shameful boner

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Hahaha, festival toilets.

Somebody Khaleesi'd all over the seats and walls.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

The Copper Throne.

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Have you seen any Grrmalikes yet?

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

savinhill posted:

Have you seen any Grrmalikes yet?

Tennessee has an amazing abundance of two things: extremely tall redheads, and GRRMalikes.

One of the jousting knights is a GRRMalike.

Trabandiumium
Feb 20, 2010

Are there any lemoncakes?

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Wouldn't be authentic. In the Renaissance, there were no lemons at all and cake was not invented until the late Ren period.

The closest you can hope for is a tomato fritter.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
Are there any lamprey pies though.

bigmcgaffney
Apr 19, 2009
It's funny how no one in real life knows Dany's name. She is almost universally referred to as Khaleesi, to the point where in FPS games I have come across multiple people named that, but also spelt wrong like "kalieesi"

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

bigmcgaffney posted:

It's funny how no one in real life knows Dany's name. She is almost universally referred to as Khaleesi, to the point where in FPS games I have come across multiple people named that, but also spelt wrong like "kalieesi"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkGGL8R1UxE

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

bigmcgaffney posted:

It's because that's how she's almost exclusively referred to in the show. Everyone calls her that, almost nobody calls her anything else.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

my cat is norris posted:

OKAY FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT HERE IS CHAPTER FIVE...as read by myself and IRQ. In which I drink a horrible mixed drink, and there is much laughter.

If thou desirest a more professional recording, I will do a redux on my own, but really, this is...this is precious enough on its own. IRQ had never before read the chapter and it was so long since I read it that it was pretty much brand new to me all over again.

Oh no wait hey Tindeck:

This poo poo is adorable and made me giggle.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

IRQ's voice made me laugh. It's just so mild and innocent, like a 12-year-old girl :)

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Both audio tapes show the care, seriousness, and obsession with quality that is synonomous with the WILDCARD brand.

EDIT: Also alchohol. So much alchohol.

EDIT 2: The bong rip is the piece de ristance

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 23:30 on May 18, 2013

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Holy Calamity! posted:

Here's chapter 6. I did it all in one take, first time reading it. And unlike norris I CAN do voices. This poo poo was loving HOT. What am I doing with my life.

I almost made it through this psychologically unscarred. Until it came to the baby seal sex oil.

El Hefe
Oct 31, 2006

You coulda had a V8/
Instead of a tre-eight slug to yo' cranium/
I got six and I'm aimin' 'em/
Will I bust or keep you guessin'
You are all terrible, terrible people, but I'm guessing you already know that.

p.s listening to that upset my tummy

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

IRQ's voice made me laugh. It's just so mild and innocent, like a 12-year-old girl :)

What were you expecting?

We had fun, that's all that matters! Also the synchronized explosive diarrhea that Norris edited out.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

IRQ posted:

What were you expecting?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSghPuixbPM

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

"Iain M. Banks - Excession - 1996 posted:

'Huh.' The bird continued to look at her for a moment, then pivoted its head back to look out across the salt marsh. It ruffled its feathers and rose up on its thin black legs. 'Well,' it said, 'Winter's coming. Can't delay. Best prepare.' The bird dropped into the air. 'Fat lot of use…' she heard it mutter. It opened its wings and flew away on an involute course.

I keep noticing little snippets in the things I'm reading that remind me of GRRM.

Anyone know if GoT was published before or after Excession? Wanna say both were '96.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Tennessee has an amazing abundance of two things: extremely tall redheads, and GRRMalikes.

One of the jousting knights is a GRRMalike.

I live in Tennessee, and god drat you are right on the GRRMalikes. I don't go a month or two without thinking I just saw GURM walking around.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

I'm crying over here, over chap 6. Should have sent a poet. :happysmith:

In other news, we need to get this chick:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1VWRPSc4kE
to buy GoB and talk about it, or gently caress even read at chapter or two.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

SaviourX posted:

In other news, we need to get this chick:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w1VWRPSc4kE
to buy GoB and talk about it, or gently caress even read at chapter or two.

Holy crap, she's incredibly annoying! If she were a goon, she'd probably post in the TVIV thread!

(Naw, just kidding. She's read the books. She'd probably post in this thread).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I listened to about 2 minutes before giving up and now I feel a bit sick and tired, like my will to live has been sapped.
She'd fit right in.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Pinku-chan kawaii~~ :swoon:

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

Pinku-chan kawaii~~ :swoon:

I think she's going for the Quentin Quire aesthetic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Funnily enough, she's pretty good about recommending comic books. But I x-ed out of there as soon as she started talking about this series being the best she's ever read. Then I wrote her a letter, in my blood, reasonably arguing otherwise.