Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Well this opinion is just crazy wrong. W have a handful of bad designs (T-Rex Bird Clay Doll EXTREME and SWEETS being the worst) but all the rest hit that poo poo out of the park.

Continuing the parade of bad opinions? The only mediocre design you listed was Bird and the spoilered one was really great. I think Violence and Liar fell flat for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man, Liar is one of my favorite designs from that show.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
How you guys remember MOTWs so easily?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Dr Tran posted:

How you guys remember MOTWs so easily?

W has a lot of really distinctive monster of the week so it's pretty easy, especially since each is described by a single English word that embodies their concept. I can't remember many monster of the weeks but W's are easy.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

W also had that single English word usually repeated multiple times in a really bombastic sort of way. And the concept usually applied in some way to the arc's plot and not just the monster itself.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

That's about right. I can remember a lot of Dopants and Zodiarts, but few Yummies or Phantoms. The names really help, even if I did like some of the latters' designs.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Potsticker posted:

Continuing the parade of bad opinions? The only mediocre design you listed was Bird and the spoilered one was really great. I think Violence and Liar fell flat for me.

Sweets look like a splotch of random paints and T-Rex is literally just a T-Rex head. Want to see a good dinosaur monster? Tri-whatever they called it from later in the same show is 100x better and more imaginative. Also Liar was loving great.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Thankfully the story, opening theme, Rider design, and Phillip make up for everything. My friend was over today, he doesn't watch toku, I asked him to watch episode 5 with me and he was like "So the girl and boy join bodies? Does he get tits under the suit?" :ssh:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

RBX posted:

Thankfully the story, opening theme, Rider design, and Phillip make up for everything. My friend was over today, he doesn't watch toku, I asked him to watch episode 5 with me and he was like "So the girl and boy join bodies? Does he get tits under the suit?" :ssh:

Even the show treats him that way. Philip is just a very very pretty man.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

ImpAtom posted:

Even the show treats him that way. Philip is just a very very pretty man.

"Philip is a girl... Philip is a girl and I'm a boy... but Philip is a boy and yet I'm the boy..."

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Guys... I don't even have the words to describe how much I love this episode of Kyoryuger. I love this show so much.

AzraelNewtype fucked around with this message at 09:19 on May 21, 2013

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Someone has graciously uploaded the first 14 episodes of the first Kamen Rider subbed. Enjoy before some fuckless rear end in a top hat tries to remove it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJZp-LyLKYo&list=PLAW4Neqc7fOC7B4tLNTW7z3EiUc3RhiY-&index=1

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

AzraelNewtype posted:

Guys... I don't even have the words to describe how much I love this episode of Kyoryuger. I love this show so much.

This series is fun as hell, I've been keeping up with the episodes as they come out. So far 'Utchi' and 'Nossan' have been my favorite characters, but I'm warming up to Amy.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I loving love Utchy walking in with his ridiculous clothes, wearing a plastic dinosaur on his wrist, saying "I'm going to help you be a proper lady!"

Kyoryuger's greatest strength continues to be that it knows exactly what it wants to be.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!
This song goes through my head every time he makes an appearance.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Daler Mehndi posted:

So far 'Utchi' and 'Nossan' have been my favorite characters

It looks like next week they have a lot of interaction together. It's gonna be magical.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The Blackest Goon posted:

Someone has graciously uploaded the first 14 episodes of the first Kamen Rider subbed. Enjoy before some fuckless rear end in a top hat tries to remove it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJZp-LyLKYo&list=PLAW4Neqc7fOC7B4tLNTW7z3EiUc3RhiY-&index=1

Or you could just download the episodes from KITSubs.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
dont have the HDD space :sigh:

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Next week is another Nossan focus episode. This show gets better and better. :3:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
So I think we're all missing the most important part of the episode.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

So I think we're all missing the most important part of the episode.

Sorry, but I think you mean this:

:signings::signings:
So glad I don't collect the Mechs/Zords...yet...

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Got my legacy Morpher in the mail today...and sadly, the Tyrannosaurus coin won't stay in the morpher :( I contacted Toys R Us and Bandai; does anyone have any experience with their customer support? How likely is it that I can get a replacement coin?

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

jivjov posted:

Got my legacy Morpher in the mail today...and sadly, the Tyrannosaurus coin won't stay in the morpher :( I contacted Toys R Us and Bandai; does anyone have any experience with their customer support? How likely is it that I can get a replacement coin?

From what I've read, because that actually is a documented problem a few people had, you may have to return the whole thing and wait for a new one.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

SpazmasterX posted:

From what I've read, because that actually is a documented problem a few people had, you may have to return the whole thing and wait for a new one.

Yeah, Toys R Us got back to me and wants me to ship the whole thing back, and then they'll give me a new one. I said "That's dumb, just send me a new T-Rex coin, Failing that, ship me a new one and then I'll ship back the old one."

Hopefully Bandai can just drop a properly cast T-Rex coin in the mail out of a spare-parts stash...

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Jetman has a villian smoking Black and Mild Cigars and that's ALL I smoke. Best Sentai of all time. This and W are pretty ahead of the pack right now.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
You want the best Toku? You look no further than this masterpiece:
(That or Garo or Metalder or UltraSeven or...)

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
drat, I hope we get some Utchy on horseback episodes.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Metalder was so badass I used to watch it without subs back in day because I couldn't wait.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzaKr2gXf40&feature=youtube_gdata_player

you'll never guess what I've been watching lately...

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

A really blocky, horribly compressed video?

Baofu
Jun 15, 2007

I just found out that the Ultraman Tiga theme was a cover that was translated into Japanese from this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hOKO51xM4oA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

My mind = FREAKING BLOWN! :supaburn:

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Something good came out of Super Hero Taizen Z

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Are there any lyrics for this? Google hunting has failed me.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

I got to watch SHTZ today. It felt a but too heavily weighted towards the Space Sheriff side, but it definitely benefited from not trying to cram in every hero. The story was less stupid this time around too. With my level of Japanese, there were some details I missed but the jist of why certain heroes were fighting and what was at stake was a clear step up from what's been in many recent shows/films. Not to say it was great, but better than SHT's insanity.

It has a fantastic finishing move too. Wizard's 'Dragon Claw' Rider Kick, done by Kyouryuujin... in space.

Unfortunately, it does drag on a bit in parts and the best part of many of the latter fight scenes were the introductions/roll calls. The actual choreography lacked creativity considering the characters they chose to include.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Oh my, what's happening here?

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!
I was going to post something about the Green Ranger's powers being destroyed and it making more sense for him to morph into literally any of his other ranger powers, but then I thought better of being That Neckbeard.

Edit: At least it looks like they gave him the real shield this time instead of a cruddy fabric knockoff—that always bugged me as a kid.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Hahaha People are still sperging about the costume anyway.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

RBX posted:

Really, my only complaint is that it feels like the direction of the main villains in the show was scattered everywhere when we finally start facing them directly. They don't really give much expansion on what they want to do and if I remember right their super bad endgame has like three different meanings to it :psyduck:

Thankfully, the acting on everyone's part is top notch and you can largely ignore the villains even have something resembling an endgame for a while.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Waffleman_ posted:

Oh my, what's happening here?

Bigger version, plus a bonus.

Why'd TJ stay Space Blue instead of being Turbo Red if Tommy is Green again? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

KEEP SMILING!
A commenter on Jefusion wondered if TJ is going to be Blue Space and Tommy is MMPR Green, then who was the Red Turbo running around in Legend War dreams.

• Locked thread