Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Blind Sally posted:

Beans are amazing! I put them in everything:

-Beans served on a bed of freshly toasted bread.
-Lemoncakes served up with a side of garbanzo bean spread (hummus)
-Honeyed locusts served on a bed of freshly uncanned maple-glazed brown beans.
-Lamprey stuffed with boiled kidney beans.
-Roast capons smothered in pork glazed beans.
-etc., bean chili, etc.

Or just in a hollowed-out trencher as a snack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rypakal
Oct 31, 2012

He also cooks the food of his people

Chinston Wurchill posted:

I'm on a new readthrough as well and noticed a neat bit of foreshadowing re: Cat. In one of her early chapters (on the way to the Eyrie), it mentions that the events of late have made it feel as if her heart is turning into stone.

Almost all the annoying/insufferable book characters have been softened for TV, though. Except perhaps Dany.

I did notice something in a Cat chapter. When thinking about Jon while with Mya Stone, she *does* feel guilty about how much she hates him.

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The only true Catwoman is Julie Newmar, Lee Meriwether, or Eartha Kitt.

Nuncle, hath thou heard about legumes, legumes, the magical fruite?

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

^^^ Hast thou* : "thou hast", "he hath" ; "thou dost", "he doth".

Joramun posted:

Yeah but I have unrealistic expectations for my silly fantasy series and not having them fulfilled breaks my immersion.

I'm still pissed about lack of the Fist of the First Men battle scene because I wanted to see zombie bears. I understand why they had to cut it, but c'mon : zombie bear.

Also :

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

ShaqDiesel posted:

Or just in a hollowed-out trencher as a snack.

Are you me? I was going to post a hollow trencher stuffed with beans, smothered in gravy after reading that post

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

Xiahou Dun posted:

^^^ Hast thou*

That just means 'has you/you has'. Pffff.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

Blade_of_tyshalle posted:

He's middle-aged and gay. There's a strong chance Bret Easton Ellis is actually the long-lost Tony Danza Claus :tinfoil:

Long-lost? Umm. He's actually here, among us now :ssh:

SaviourX posted:

Godspeed, you black emperor.

Speaking of which, Kylaer's too good to post his (better than the source material?) fan fics, huh.

I think the thread's moved past that phase these days. I had great fun while it lasted, though!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Kylaer posted:

Someone hasn't been paying attention. :rolleyes:

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Kylaer posted:

My god, he's been raised in secret under an assumed name all this time?!

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

He's assumed the GRRMiest name on the forums.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

...Bryndyn Blyckfyre? :ohdear:

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

...Bryndyn Blyckfyre? :ohdear:

Varys Blackfyre :allears:

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Neeplord Bonerjoffrey

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Fat Pink Mast?

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back
Nipples N Rum?

kcroy
May 30, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

whowhatwhere posted:

Nipples N Rum?

GNPTurtle

or

GiantJet

Iseeyouseemeseeyou posted:

What if Ned Stark warged into a woman and impregnated her while controlling her :iiam:

Then you would clearly be reading a WildCards novel. Well technically it would be as if Bran forced this Uncle Brenden to Warg into Sansa, and then raped him/her.

rypakal posted:

I did notice something in a Cat chapter. When thinking about Jon while with Mya Stone, she *does* feel guilty about how much she hates him.

I'd be pretty bummed and a bit resentful, if I was supposed to marry the "good, fun, attractive, kick rear end" brother, and instead I got his younger annoying, honor soaked, Robert's little puppy dog, brother. If on top of that, I mean, the ONE thing this dude is known for, its his loving Honor. Like he's basically so honor bound he is suicidal... and the ONE transgression here, is against ME. He fucks some other woman, and then is like "hey, this is my child, raise him as your own, and no loving questions". And im sure he is being RIGHTEOUS as gently caress about it, because he is that kind of guy. I'm pretty sure that little poo poo kid would be like a constant reminder of my dead lover, not to mention an ongoing reminder of my own besmirched honor. And paradoxically the more "Stark-like" she becomes, the more she raises her own children to be honor-bound starks, the more she comes to love Ned... the more this bastard kid makes less and less sense, and becomes more and more painful.

I mean, sure she is a bitch about it, but she wasn't really at the top of her game when she said all that poo poo. So as much as I said "ouch" when I heard all that poo poo, I also can sympathize where Cat is coming from.

edit:

Also, Darkstar

kcroy fucked around with this message at 06:37 on Jun 20, 2013

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013

Oberst posted:

Are you me? I was going to post a hollow trencher stuffed with beans, smothered in gravy after reading that post

Yeah probably. We're talking baked beans here, right?

P.s. - Ser Leekon Mustneeds?

ShaqDiesel fucked around with this message at 07:37 on Jun 20, 2013

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I recently did my part in promoting our wonderful piece of fiction, team. George Takei :argh:

savinhill
Mar 28, 2010

Joramun posted:

Yeah but I have unrealistic expectations for my silly fantasy series and not having them fulfilled breaks my immersion.

I just want the Hound to wear his awesome Hound Helmet when he's in a fight.

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill
Tangentially related to ASOIAF, but after watching this I would love to see Charles Dance read some of GRRM's best passages..

NSFW, like everything in this thread.

Contra Calculus
Nov 6, 2009

Gravy Boat 2k
While I'm sure this was already posted, I just thought I'd share what ASOIAF would be like if it was written by TVIV.

Sexgun Rasputin
May 5, 2013

by Ralp

(and can't post for 649 days!)

Similar, but with extra "show watchers are retarded" goodness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9bLaKIN4kA

MLKQUOTEMACHINE
Oct 22, 2012

Some motherfuckers are always trying to ice-skate uphill

Not My Goodies posted:

Similar, but with extra "show watchers are retarded" goodness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9bLaKIN4kA

Ok, this takes the cake. Imaging that GoT's writers have never read the books because they don't want spoilers just makes the show ten times better.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Contra Calculus posted:

While I'm sure this was already posted, I just thought I'd share what ASOIAF would be like if it was written by TVIV.

I love the old theory being brought back of 3 dragons, one for Tyrion, Jon Snow, Daenerys, and they're all supposed to be Targaryen heirs (Tyrion from Aerys raping Tywin's wife, Jon Snow was the son of Lyanna and Rhaegar). It's like seeing all the fans theories that were discussed to death after AFFC and pretty much discredited in ADWD now finding new life in TVIV.

nutranurse posted:

Ok, this takes the cake. Imaging that GoT's writers have never read the books because they don't want spoilers just makes the show ten times better.

I think Charles Dance said he hasn't read the books and so doesn't know what happens to Tywin.

zyang31
Oct 26, 2007

pentyne posted:

I love the old theory being brought back of 3 dragons, one for Tyrion, Jon Snow, Daenerys, and they're all supposed to be Targaryen heirs (Tyrion from Aerys raping Tywin's wife, Jon Snow was the son of Lyanna and Rhaegar). It's like seeing all the fans theories that were discussed to death after AFFC and pretty much discredited in ADWD now finding new life in TVIV.

I think Charles Dance said he hasn't read the books and so doesn't know what happens to Tywin.

I'm pretty sure he's already been spoiled by fans of the show.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.

zyang31 posted:

I'm pretty sure he's already been spoiled by fans of the show.

There's a short interview where he mentions someone coming up to him in the street and going "You have the best death scene!" and then goes on to tell him what it is.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.

pentyne posted:

He was Wild Carded.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

Legend has it he warged into Hodor one fateful day and then didn't know how to warg back out.

Paxicon
Dec 22, 2007
Sycophant, unless you don't want me to be
I had an 8 hour bustrip this weekend and reread Feast. Jesus, is there a single woman whose big dark nipples that gross loving lardbag has not described in detail?!

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
You want a better description of show watchers?

http://www.babynamewizard.com/archives/2013/5/khaleesi-the-non-name-from-a-non-language

quote:

Last year, 146 American girls were named Khaleesi. That's a 450% jump in the name's usage from 2011, and before that year it was completely unknown.

Surprisingly, the name was never reported as used prior to the broadcast of the show.

Rannos22
Mar 30, 2011

Everything's the same as it always is.
They don't say how many were named Kelly C, do they?

Sophia
Apr 16, 2003

The heart wants what the heart wants.
I'm naming my first born Hot Pie, regardless of gender.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

Imma name my firstborn daughter "Rape-Victim Stormborn", then I'll get all the TVIV cred.

rejutka
May 28, 2004

by zen death robot
Imma Khal all over her Drogo.

The Unburnt, Stormborn, Penisvagina.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
I can just imagine in 15 years when these girls hate their parents and scream about being named after a fictional character who's known for making GBS threads brown water all over the grass.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.

Paxicon posted:

I had an 8 hour bustrip this weekend

Easy there, Fabio

SaviourX
Sep 30, 2003

The best part is showwatchers don't know her actual name, which if you're going to try to name your kid after some sort of inspirational (to them) female figure, you think you might want to do. Naming kids after titles isn't unheard of, but imaginary ones?

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

SaviourX posted:

The best part is showwatchers don't know her actual name, which if you're going to try to name your kid after some sort of inspirational (to them) female figure, you think you might want to do. Naming kids after titles isn't unheard of, but imaginary ones?

It's not that they don't know her name, it's their inability to differentiate between a name they aren't phonetically familiar with and one they are. I think most of the TV fanbase thinks its King Jeffery no matter how many times they hear "Jaw-free" because of that reason.

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

pentyne posted:

You want a better description of show watchers?

They're even infesting vidya gaems now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

I have somehow lost my copy of There is Only Lemoncakes. Is it still hosted anywhere, by chance?