Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

jivjov posted:

Ahh, I thought Finster was making them up on the fly, there are a couple lines to that effect.

I'm pretty sure there are examples of both. Sometimes they relate a monster's history, other times it's a new design Finster's been working on.

The monsters tend to announce themselves anyway. "I'm Penisnipper, and I'm here to snip the penis off every guy in Angel Grove High!" kind of thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Man, if Power Rangers makes it to adapting Kyoryuger they are gonna be kicking themselves that they already used the subtitle Dino Thunder.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Brother Entropy posted:

Man, if Power Rangers makes it to adapting Kyoryuger they are gonna be kicking themselves that they already used the subtitle Dino Thunder.

It will be called Power Rangers Sambasaurs and it will be awesome.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Liar Lyre posted:

It will be called Power Rangers Sambasaurs and it will be awesome.

Watch Saban try to make it a grim and gritty tale instead.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

You know the best part of Kyoryuger? Nossan. He gave a dude a tombstone piledriver last episode. He's like a Sentai Undertaker.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Liar Lyre posted:

You know the best part of Kyoryuger? Nossan. He gave a dude a tombstone piledriver last episode. He's like a Sentai Undertaker.

Would you say that he undertook the role of Undertaker?

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

jivjov posted:

Watch Saban try to make it a grim and gritty tale instead.

RPM, dude. RPM.

They can make it serious. It just requires a man who is not afraid to be fired and some potentially awful ideas.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

jivjov posted:

Would you say that he undertook the role of Undertaker?

I stand corrected, he's clearly the Pundertaker.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Burkion posted:

RPM, dude. RPM.

They can make it serious. It just requires a man who is not afraid to be fired and some potentially awful ideas.

RPM was Disney.

The real question is who's going to be turned female in the adaptation since Saban loves his 2 female minimum rule.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Kakuranger Jusho Fighters
So expensively cheap!

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I had all of those as a kid those were sweet rear end toys. My parents made me give away most of my poo poo when I got older. All I have now is scattered Zords up to Lightspeed.

AzraelNewtype posted:

The best part of this is that the flashback to its previous use was just footage of Zyu, with Goushi fighting it.

That was my first clue as kid like "Wait a second.......that looks off...they dont really make this do they! RITA'S LIPS NEVER MATCH HER WORDS!"

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Spec-ops vs Animal Sentai Go-Busters was soooooo good.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Buy em, buy em all.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

Dr Tran posted:

Buy em, buy em all.

Calling it now, if the Zyuranger Figuarts are completed by SDCC next year, we'll see a metallic repaint of the core 5 plus Kibaranger as a Metallic Armor Special Edition.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Burkion posted:

RPM, dude. RPM.

They're never going to get rid of Tzachor, you might as well stop hoping. The only reason Super Megaforce is different is because that will make them more money.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

They're gonna have some Sentai in the new Power Ranger cards cards. I guess this is to explain away the laziness of not editing the old teams out the footage.

http://henshinjustice.com/2013/06/19/power-rangers-acg-set-3-preview-part-2-exclusive-look/

http://images.4chan.org/m/src/1371686443052.png

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

I want this more than I want to keep living in this cold uncaring world.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKw7XpyDm_w

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

What am I looking at here?

Fooley
Apr 25, 2006

Blue moon of Kentucky keep on shinin'...

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

What am I looking at here?

I'm going by Chrome translation but it seems like some Japanese SCA type thing doing the Kyoryu dance?

Apple Mummy
Oct 11, 2012

I'm looking forward to this Gatchaman movie.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Apple Mummy posted:

I'm looking forward to this Gatchaman movie.

Highly anticipated. If japan decides to go all out toku with it's 80s manga/anime I'm all for it.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

HKR posted:

Highly anticipated. If japan decides to go all out toku with it's 80s manga/anime I'm all for it.

Way ahead of ya.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDjjpYAVVPw

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Dear Tokusatsu thread,

this exists

Love, The Blackest Goon

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JJL-qhzyAo&feature=youtube_gdata_player

EDIT: I dub thee,

SUPER TOKU WARS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FKTxpiXR7s&feature=youtube_gdata_player

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Jun 24, 2013

SusanosWrath
Jan 3, 2012

This Unit Will Self-Destruct Upon Termination of Target

There is a predecessor to even this, I saw it at a flea market brand new for Dreamcast for $30. It's called Super Hero Retsuden, it was made by Banpresto.
Here is the intro animation
Is Dreamcast region locked? Because that's the only thing really keeping me from buying this game because I don't want to pay $30 for a fancy paperweight.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
These games get brought up from time to time, and it always reminds me that we haven't gotten one of those big toku crossover video games in over a decade. In a perfect world we'd have Banpresto give a bunch of toku shows the Super Robot Wars treatment, but by this point I'd just settle for some piece of poo poo shovelware that happens to feature series I've actually seen and give a poo poo about.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Instead of some stupid rear end magical girl game they need to make a sequel to that

EDIT: haha it even has banpresto originals holy poo poo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nyr0epAEgJ4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jun 24, 2013

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

psychoticBacofoil posted:

There is a predecessor to even this, I saw it at a flea market brand new for Dreamcast for $30. It's called Super Hero Retsuden, it was made by Banpresto.
Here is the intro animation
Is Dreamcast region locked? Because that's the only thing really keeping me from buying this game because I don't want to pay $30 for a fancy paperweight.

The dreamcast is region locked but if you have one of the earlier models getting it to run burned CDs is trivial. There are also bootdiscs you can burn that will change the region of your DC.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Bryan Cranston's come a long way since...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MQ0rDcZAtw

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Perigryn posted:

Bryan Cranston's come a long way since...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MQ0rDcZAtw

I AM THE ONE WHO MORPHS.

That's incredible though, I only read about his roles on PR recently when he did the AMA.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Hey guys, I finally have a good enough piece of audio for the darn podcast. I really don't have a website right now and still don't fully understand how to syndicate this. If anyone knows how to do that stuff let me know. For right now I'll just post stuff directly. Also, if anyone else wants to join us my Skype name is liarlyresa

Podcasters with Attitude EP 001
Join Jason(jivjov), Burk(Burkion), and Wade(Liar Lyre) as they travel through over 20 years of Power Rangers history.

In the inaugural episode, we take a look at the very first episode in Power Rangers history, Day of the Dumpster. We discuss Zordon's unorthodox teaching methods, the Putty desert branch, character archetypes, and much more.

Liar Lyre fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Jun 25, 2013

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Glad to see my name stuck! :)

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Heyy, I remember recording that! Glad to see it reach the unwashedsexy sexy masses.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Wow that one guy has such an awful voice! I sure hope no one remembers his forum name!

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

jivjov posted:

Heyy, I remember recording that! Glad to see it reach the unwashedsexy sexy masses.

And you get to hear the antics me and Burk got up to. With you, we talked fairly seriously about characters and plot and stuff. With Burk, we mostly made a bunch of jokes. Burk's stuff starts next week. Anyways, I'd appreciate some feed back, good or bad.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Decided to look at a clip of Juukou B-Fighter. Holy gently caress is the editing bad. And this is supposed to be their pilot!:stare:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DovQzsUMlxw&feature=youtube_gdata_player

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Jun 25, 2013

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

There are nearly 800 episodes of PR, so these episodes are going to come out very frequently. Is this too much? Should I move it somewhere else?

Podcasters with Attitude EP 002

In this episode we look at High Five. We discuss acrophobia, wobbly heads, Superboy Prime, that big guy and THE HUMAN CHAIN.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Will you review Sentai and kamen rider shows? Or is this just a 'merica related shows only sort of thing? Eitherway, congrats on getting this started :) You'll definitely have my listen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

The Blackest Goon posted:

Will you review Sentai and kamen rider shows? Or is this just a 'merica related shows only sort of thing? Eitherway, congrats on getting this started :) You'll definitely have my listen

For right now, it's Power Rangers for a couple of reasons. It's easier to watch, there are less episodes and most people are more familiar with it. We still make comparisons to the sentai and if we get all caught up, I could see us doing sentai/rider reviews too. Maybe we can do that Saban Kamen Rider adaptation.

• Locked thread