Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Jean Grey poster for The Wolverine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Canned Panda posted:

Hang on, is she in it other than flashbacks/dream sequences? That's what I've been assuming, but she gets her own poster? Hmm.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Canned Panda posted:

That's a really nice poster, but I don't think you can top the classic:

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Oh, Ez, you make me laugh.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
OK, you can stop yelling :hf:

Ez posted:

That's a really nice poster, but I don't think you can top the classic:

Whoa. Did you notice there are ninjas on this poster? Very subtle, very cool.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
Logan is the worst ninja ever.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Zoe Bell's cameo

If Tarantino actually had her do something it'd be so much better, but as it is, it's so obvious she's just there because Tarantino wanted to be self-referential. "Hey look, there's one of my stunt actors who had a major role in one of my past movies! Did you spot her?!"

He should've also had her conspicuously smoking Red Apple brand tobacco out of a tin.

edit: Now I'm just waiting for the inevitable screenshot showing that she was at some point.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Tewratomeh posted:

If Tarantino actually had her do something it'd be so much better, but as it is, it's so obvious she's just there because Tarantino wanted to be self-referential. "Hey look, there's one of my stunt actors who had a major role in one of my past movies! Did you spot her?!"

He should've also had her conspicuously smoking Red Apple brand tobacco out of a tin.

edit: Now I'm just waiting for the inevitable screenshot showing that she was at some point.

She also gets paid for being in the movie, which is understandably something people want for their friends. While I don't know if she uses it, Red Apple brand chewing tobacco deos make an appearance in the film.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

If I remember correctly Zoe and the rest of the group were meant to play a larger part in the film but quite a few of their scenes got cut since the film was like 900 hours long.

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

Ah, that explains it. I wondered what the hell was up with the masked woman we saw for a minute who never showed up again.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

FreudianSlippers posted:

If I remember correctly Zoe and the rest of the group were meant to play a larger part in the film but quite a few of their scenes got cut since the film was like 900 hours long.

I loved Django but I don't remember this scene at all?

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

PriorMarcus posted:

I loved Django but I don't remember this scene at all?

When they first get to the plantation and there's a group who captured a runaway. That's them. I remember being confused about why the woman appeared to be a big deal and then we never see her again.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
I honestly don't know what you're talking about in regards to Zoe Bell's character being a big deal in the movie. She sticks out a little because she's a masked woman but I saw the movie twice and the second time I kept an eye out for her and the movie doesn't really pay any extra attention to her. She's just kind of there with the other slave catchers. I think you might be making a but much out of her being there.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

axleblaze posted:

I honestly don't know what you're talking about in regards to Zoe Bell's character being a big deal in the movie. She sticks out a little because she's a masked woman but I saw the movie twice and the second time I kept an eye out for her and the movie doesn't really pay any extra attention to her. She's just kind of there with the other slave catchers. I think you might be making a but much out of her being there.

The only reason she "sticks out" is because there is a slightly longer shot of her when they're looking outside of the cabin. That's it.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Old Benny Cumberbatch in Space again.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I liked the masked woman and was disappointed we didn't see her character developed. But complaining about a 1 second Zoe Bell cameo is the gooniest loving thing. What a hack! Self referential BULLSHIT!

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jun 25, 2013

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I for one will never complain about Zoe Bell's appearance in anything.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

thrawn527 posted:

Hang on, is she in it other than flashbacks/dream sequences? That's what I've been assuming, but she gets her own poster? Hmm.

She is listed as part of the normal cast (i.e. not "Archive Footage" or "Uncredited")

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Maxwell Lord posted:

I for one will never complain about Zoe Bell's appearance in anything.

I wouldn't complain about her being in a thing, just that nothing got done with her. I remember watching it and thinking she'd come up later because of how the scene was shot, but the movie seemed to just forget her.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Was it the woman with the red bandana using the sterescope right before Django shot up the slave-catchers quarters?

Because I was completely baffled why that scene even occurred and what the point even was.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!

Frostwerks posted:

Was it the woman with the red bandana using the sterescope right before Django shot up the slave-catchers quarters?

Because I was completely baffled why that scene even occurred and what the point even was.

That's the one. Leaving the shot in if you're not going to do anything with it is a very confusing choice.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
Oddly enough, that bit worked for me because it wasn't fully fleshed out. I'm a sucker for that sort of thing, though. It's sloppy to introduce an actual plot point then drop it, but weird hints about off-screen events are cool.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
I kind of like it. It gives you the feeling that there's a story going on behind the scenes but it has nothing to do with Django's story so we never get to see it. It makes the world feel a little more three dimensional.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Ez posted:

I kind of like it. It gives you the feeling that there's a story going on behind the scenes but it has nothing to do with Django's story so we never get to see it. It makes the world feel a little more three dimensional.

It reminds me of that scene in Departed where Costigan hands over stuff and only says it's for safe keeping. We never see it opened up or anything. We just have a good idea of what it means. No hand holding needed.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
Let's get back to the matter at hand

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
God drat!

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
That can't be an official poster, right?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
That's sick.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Marlon Wayans and that cat really want out of there.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Barf Wight posted:

Compared to the poster I've seen in theaters (which is one of the blandest posters I've ever seen) this is giving me whiplash.

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011

kjetting posted:

That can't be an official poster, right?

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=105792

Free at some opening showings.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

I unironically love that poster. Look at the cat doing the explosion leap :stare:

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Barf Wight posted:

This had to have been done by the same person who did this:

Totally unrelated, but I saw a great movie last night called "Round Midnight". I remember my dad had the soundtrack album on vinyl and it had very distinctive cover art, which was also used on the fantastic poster:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Barometer posted:

Ah, that explains it. I wondered what the hell was up with the masked woman we saw for a minute who never showed up again.

I'm surprised no one's taken a shot at remaking Silent Running. Sure they'd have to put in a romance and some shooting but...

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

Barf Wight posted:

I didn't have a strong opinion on this movie until I saw this poster. Now I want to watch it.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck

Geekboy posted:

I didn't have a strong opinion on this movie until I saw this poster. Now I want to watch it.

There's no way the movie is as good as that poster, though. No way.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Ez posted:

There was supposed to be at some point. I think Tarantino said she would have a larger role, and at some point she would remove the bandana and her entire lower jaw would be missing.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Barf Wight posted:

If I didn't already know who it was, there's no way I would have guessed that's supposed to be Melissa McCarthy. The Sandra Bullock likeness is decent, but McCarthy's just looks nothing like her at all.

Cat jumping away from the explosion totally makes up for it though. Definitely an unexpectedly badass poster.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
For those wondering about Zoe Bell in Django, in the script she later removes the 'mask' from her face and she's missing her lower jaw, which is presumably why QT focuses on her a little longer originally. I'm not sure if the scene ever got shot but when production changed that stuff got cut out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The broken bones
Jan 3, 2008

Out beyond winning and losing, there is a field.

I will meet you there.
I don't think? these were posted here, but Ender's Game posters from IGN