Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I'm toying with the idea of doing something similar with Jetman, but it'd basically be me hating myself the entire way through. (I really don't like Jetman.)

As for Saban's Masked Rider...

I'm going to need something to drink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

New Rider Gaimu?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
I like it. That's a unique color scheme.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

What's more, the dude on the left is wearing the Gaimu's belt. So that's likely our guy, or a stunt actor, but someone with the same jacket shows up in another production shot.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Rei_ posted:

What's more, the dude on the left is wearing the Gaimu's belt. So that's likely our guy, or a stunt actor, but someone with the same jacket shows up in another production shot.

Nice catch! I'm liking the armor and style. This new Wizard movie is the third one, counting Ultimatum and Z, right? So the first scenes with Gaimu will appear at the end?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Will we finally have our Kamen Rider that exclusively takes place in the Edo set???

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Brother Entropy posted:

Will we finally have our Kamen Rider that exclusively takes place in the Edo set???

The Gaimu movie will mix things up by having a fight take place in that one warehouse for some contrived reason.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Sorry I haven't been adding more episodes to the podcast, I've been messing around with my website and what not to get it submitted to iTunes. It's under review right now so hopefully you can just subscribe to it there starting next week when new episodes will resume.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

Brother Entropy posted:

So this year's Movie Wars guest Ishinomori character is Henshin Ninja Arashi?

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.

HKR posted:

The sad truth is TVN's translators are rather poor and despite doing this for years they have never improved. Instead of filling their QCers with people who can and will call them out for being bad, they only fill the spots with yes men and fanboys.

Onore did a QA today about issues with TVN's translations that really sink home how bad they are and how they'll never improve.

The best TV-N mistranslation will always be in the kakuranger sentai world crossover clip where they didn't know what "one plus one equals two" is in Japanesen

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Well this is a very Zyuranger episode today.

Edit: And their roll call near the end reminds me of the Power Rangers morphing with how they do their hands.

RBX fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jun 29, 2013

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Podcasters with Attitude is now on iTunes! Follow that link or simply search for Podcasters with Attitude. Please rate and subscribe and share. Now I'll stop pimping myself.

So, anybody else check out the magazine scans for Kyoryu Violet? He looks pretty cool.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Need consensus on Goseiger, Gokaiger, Shinkenger and Go-busters. Which is the better one and which should I watch first?

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

The Blackest Goon posted:

Need consensus on Goseiger, Gokaiger, Shinkenger and Go-busters. Which is the better one and which should I watch first?

Skinkenger is best but its horribly translated. Goseiger is good but not as good as Shinkenger. Go-Busters is 1/3rd great Sentai deconstruction but low ratings and a refocus ruined the pacing.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Already three episodes in and I'm really digging Goseiger :)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Already three episodes in and I'm really digging Goseiger :)

If you're three episodes in and digging it then you're going to love it because Goseiger seriously just gets better as it goes on.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
its just like this perfect balance of humor and action. I feel the exact same way about Timeranger, but there aren't many episodes subbed for it

EDIT: For some bizarre reason, the Biibi Bugs reminded me of those monster eye straws Taco Bell used to sell WAY back in the 90's. Took me awhile to figure out what they reminded me of :lol:

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Jul 3, 2013

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Guys.

Go-Busters Returns is amazing.

You don't even know.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

AzraelNewtype posted:

Guys.

You don't even know.

If this hasn't made Go-Buster better in every way, then I don't know what will.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Xelkelvos posted:

If this hasn't made Go-Buster better in every way, then I don't know what will.

It didn't need to be made better :colbert:.

For my money, also Lynxara's since I'm quoting her exactly here, the whole thing is pretty much, "Is this what you wanted, you loving assholes? Is it really?" And it's amazing.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

AzraelNewtype posted:

Guys.

You don't even know.

More GoBusters is always good. Of course you guys had to release it right after I left for work so I can't even watch it when I get home. :(

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

what the gently caress did I just watch?

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

Go-Busters Returns may well be the best Evangelion reference in the series.

Apple Mummy
Oct 11, 2012

I became a big fan of Go-Busters pretty early. I've never understood the hate. It's probably my favourite out of all the seasons I've seen so far.

This movie was really fun and unique, whereas other Toei tokusatsu movies can sometimes feel like a longer episode with more budget and sometimes a crossover.

I would totally watch Student Faculty Tweed-Ranger.

Apple Mummy fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jul 4, 2013

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Apple Mummy posted:

I became a big fan of Go-Busters pretty early. I've never understood the hate. It's probably my favourite out of all the seasons I've seen so far.

This movie was really fun and unique, whereas other Toei tokusatsu movies can sometimes feel like a longer episode with more budget and sometimes a crossover.

I would watch totally watch Student Faculty Tweed-Ranger.

It is, frankly, one of the best sentai parodies done by an official sentai.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

What is the patch option below releases on OT's page? Do I need to download that too or just the HD/SD?

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

RBX posted:

What is the patch option below releases on OT's page? Do I need to download that too or just the HD/SD?

Just the HD/SD. Patches are the subtitles file for raw releases.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!
Go-Busters was never my favorite series, but that was a glorious piece of Sentai right there.

My only regret is that Black Puuuuuuuuuuuuummmaaaaaa didn't fight with them at the end.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

toomanyninjas posted:

Go-Busters was never my favorite series, but that was a glorious piece of Sentai right there.

My only regret is that Black Puuuuuuuuuuuuummmaaaaaa didn't fight with them at the end.

I believe you mean:

Dialogue: 0,0:39:24.65,0:39:27.38,Default,,0,0,0,,Black Puuuuuumaaaaaaaa!{i counted the number of vowels exactly to what it says in the background English, please don't change this or I will be forced to kill you. Also, if you are reading this script in an attempt to complain about how we subbed this many vowels in the line for no reason, you are a terrible person and I hope the vengeful ghost of Yasuko Kobayashi will haunt you for the rest of your living days.}

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
Welp. That was amazing. Further proof GoBusters was one of the best.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Their all equally good, but u should watch as much sentai that existed before gokaiger before you watch gokaiger.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Classic Twisty posted:

Their all equally good, but u should watch as much sentai that existed before gokaiger before you watch gokaiger.

I dunno, Gokaiger was my first Sentai, and I loved it.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Classic Twisty posted:

Weren't Jetman and Shinkenger the only ones that have massive spoilers if you watch Gokaiger first?

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

jivjov posted:

I dunno, Gokaiger was my first Sentai, and I loved it.

You can really appreciate all the references in Gokaiger if you have a familarity with sentai.

Edit: For example in the Liveman ep, the Kibaranger reference? Very nice

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Dr Tran posted:

Weren't Jetman and Shinkenger the only ones that have massive spoilers if you watch Gokaiger first?

They're not even recognizable as spoilers if you haven't watched those series. Shinkenger isn't going to be some mega twist at this point considering Samurai did the same thing. So that's just Jetman, and it's worth being spoiled once to get the rest of the series.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Back to the Go-Busters Returns movie for a moment, the two greatest highlights both involve J. Him gently cradling the flamingo statue (and using it as an attack) was beautiful, as well as him having to hustle around to be in two different team roll calls was inspired (even if I totally called in in advance).

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
Would the movie make any sense to someone who's only seen a few episodes of Go-Busters? It seems pretty great, but I'm not going to be watching the series for a while.

Modern Day Hercules
Apr 26, 2008

Fred is on posted:

Would the movie make any sense to someone who's only seen a few episodes of Go-Busters? It seems pretty great, but I'm not going to be watching the series for a while.

I only watched about the first 10 episodes and it made sense to me. The mecha formations were new but if you have the basic idea about what Go-busters ~is~ (and more importantly what it is not) you'll get it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Fred is on posted:

I never saw an episode of Gobusters after the first one and I found it perfectly watchable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I never saw an episode of Gobusters after the first one and I found it perfectly watchable.

Watchable is one thing, but you are going to appreciate it a lot more if you watched the entire series.

• Locked thread