Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Egoist
Aug 19, 2010

Love myself today
Let you go today
Lipstick Apathy
Although I know it is tasteless, there's something about this tattoo that I like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!
They should have had McGuirk showing off his Chiquita Banana tattoo for extra meta.

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
I love that tattoo and Miss Kalle's idea.

John Dounce
Jan 17, 2012

Facebook :allears:
And a small update on the guy I posted before

Sosiz
Nov 8, 2009
:downs:

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Miss Kalle posted:

They should have had McGuirk showing off his Chiquita Banana tattoo for extra meta.

Even then, it wouldn't work right without that Squiggle Vision goodness.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/nYQyuyx.jpg:nws:

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

"Nobody's complainin' 'bout my lovely tattoo!"

But I bet they're saying lots about it!

Professor Shark has a new favorite as of 21:21 on Jul 4, 2013

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
To be fair, if that's exactly what the customer wanted, I'd say that absolves the artist of all liability.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Captain Trips posted:

To be fair, if that's exactly what the customer wanted, I'd say that absolves the artist of all liability.

Isn't that the consensus for spelling mistakes, sans kitchen wizards?

user on probation
Nov 1, 2012

removed

Aggg why would you give your tattoo a bad boob job? The face, breasts, stomach, wings, and hands all look like they were drawn with different people with varying levels of artistic skill. The right hand is so competently done it's almost like it was inked by a different artist.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

tehloki posted:

Aggg why would you give your tattoo a bad boob job? The face, breasts, stomach, wings, and hands all look like they were drawn with different people with varying levels of artistic skill. The right hand is so competently done it's almost like it was inked by a different artist.

Seriously. Sagging yet perfectly round and gravity defying where they settled.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
I've been trying to figure out for years how to get a nerdy Home Movies tattoo that is tasteless but not lovely. Turns out I'd like it even if it was lovely. Good to know!

Christopher Robin
Apr 28, 2013

I saw this one on tumblr:

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
That's an ugly baby to begin with, but drat. What's up with the bridge of the nose in the tattoo?

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
It looks like it's snorting the rest of its face into its nostrils.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

Captain Trips posted:

That's an ugly baby to begin with, but drat. What's up with the bridge of the nose in the tattoo?

Maybe it's a reimagining, based on the premise that the baby was an extra on an episode of Star Trek.

pageerror404
Feb 14, 2012

I finally killed them.

Fat Pony posted:

It came from Facebook:

I can't comprehend what is going on with those arms. The main one on the left tapers way down for no reason that I can understand, and the bottom one just kind of...twists and then literally fades away? Is the one between them meant to be attached to the body anywhere? I just, I don't. I don't even.

This tattoo is great IMO. Be honest, is the tattoo on someone you don't like irl and you're posting it here hoping we will make fun of them?

All on Black
Dec 14, 2007

She's not "that Mexican", Mom, she's MY Mexican. And she's...Colombian or something.

Gyges posted:

Maybe it's a reimagining, based on the premise that the baby was an extra on an episode of Star Trek.

Michael Chiklis - Background Klingon #2

e: him or Dean Norris. That's an ugly drat baby, either way.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!

Retter posted:

I don't get it, almost all of these horrible portrait tattoos have the artist holding up a picture for the comparison. Why even take the picture when you should be able to CLEARLY see you did such a horrible loving job?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Retter posted:

The way I figure it, this is just one of those digital aging dealies where that's a pretty accurate depiction of what that baby's gonna look like in forty years.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

The White Dragon posted:

The way I figure it, this is just one of those digital aging dealies where that's a pretty accurate depiction of what that baby's gonna look like in forty years.

Oh, so that baby's going to grow up to be my speech teacher from High School, then?

taupoke
Apr 26, 2008

by T. Finninho
That's no baby, that's a tragic burn victim you insensitive shitheads.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Colonial Air Force posted:

Well don't have hooves or chew cud, so....

But we do ruminate.

Fat Pony
Oct 7, 2005

THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH

pageerror404 posted:

This tattoo is great IMO. Be honest, is the tattoo on someone you don't like irl and you're posting it here hoping we will make fun of them?
Not at all, which is why I boggled so badly at it. I trust the person it's on to have better taste. If anything, I'm relieved that it's just me looking at it wrong and not her ending up with something janky on her. I still can't parse the arms' positions, though.

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013

Retter posted:

It makes sense when you see the Jack Black tattoo on the other shoulder.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Cartoon does not mean lovely :mad:
Oh wait, he put that on someone's skin. He's stupid. He might not realize that cartoonists are artists.

Edit: just read it over and realized it was posted by the scratcher and not the person being tattooed. Here's the thing. I've seen tattoo work that the artist was pretty much forced to put on someone without being allowed to change it at all. It still ends up looking better than the original when done by a competent tattoo artist because the lines are uniform and unshaky.

Bored has a new favorite as of 17:39 on Jul 5, 2013

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.

Retter posted:

I'd assume with the black latex gloves that the tattoo artist is the one holding up the picture? That would imply that they are either proud of the tattoo or has just realized how bad they've hosed up.

Patchouli Patrol
Nov 11, 2007

I'm mostly disturbed by the ants crawling on that Cardassian's head.

Inspector Zenigata
Jul 19, 2010

- - -

Inspector Zenigata has a new favorite as of 22:00 on Apr 2, 2014

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Inspector Zenigata posted:

This tattoo is beautiful, and if you honestly can't parse it, you're an idiot.

The art is fine but the placement seems off. It just looks like art slapped on her instead of oh I dunno slithering around her.

uwaeve
Oct 21, 2010

focus this time so i don't have to keep telling you idiots what happened
Lipstick Apathy

Fat Pony posted:

It came from Facebook:

It's an octopus as seen through a fisheye lens. :v:

luloo123
Aug 25, 2008

Bored posted:

Cartoon does not mean lovely :mad:
Oh wait, he put that on someone's skin. He's stupid. He might not realize that cartoonists are artists.

Edit: just read it over and realized it was posted by the scratcher and not the person being tattooed. Here's the thing. I've seen tattoo work that the artist was pretty much forced to put on someone without being allowed to change it at all. It still ends up looking better than the original when done by a competent tattoo artist because the lines are uniform and unshaky.

Even if he was forced to do it, if he wasn't happy with it, why would he post it on his Facebook? So many questions...

Edit to add picture:

Robert Pattinson looks a bit like a young Willem Dafoe.

luloo123 has a new favorite as of 12:44 on Jul 6, 2013

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

luloo123 posted:

Even if he was forced to do it, if he wasn't happy with it, why would he post it on his Facebook? So many questions...

Edit to add picture:

Robert Pattinson looks a bit like a young Willem Dafoe.

There is no way that was a one man job. Getting a tight stretch on that thigh would require a team of people pulling at it. I feel sorry for whoever had do deal with tattooing blubber like that, even if they are a poo poo artist.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Thighlight :haw:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

That poor artist. :smith:

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

This was beautiful.

bulletsponge13 has a new favorite as of 13:52 on Jul 6, 2013

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

LingcodKilla posted:

The art is fine but the placement seems off. It just looks like art slapped on her instead of oh I dunno slithering around her.

This is pretty much why I don't like it, octopus/squid tattoos are pretty easy to wrap around any body part and have it flow well. It's a well done tatt but it could have been way better.

Assoonasitits
Dec 11, 2007

I guess frogout is too polite to simply say "begone".

More like Cellulight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
I know the economy is tough, but why would you agree to tattoo a thigh like that?

Or do major tattoo shops keep a chubby-chaser on retainer, specifically for those jobs?

• Locked thread