Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerdpony
May 1, 2007

Apparently I was supposed to put something here.
Fun Shoe

luloo123 posted:

Robert Pattinson looks a bit like a young Willem Dafoe.

Looks more like Steve Buscemi to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazorBunny
May 23, 2007

Sometimes I feel like this.

Captain Trips posted:

I know the economy is tough, but why would you agree to tattoo a thigh like that?

Or do major tattoo shops keep a chubby-chaser on retainer, specifically for those jobs?

The thing that makes me cringe is that I have a tattoo that partially covers a little bit of cellulite, and it was easily the most painful spot I've ever had tattooed. I know pain is highly subjective, but ugh. Why would you put yourself through that for a Twilight tattoo, of all things?

Where I'm from, we used to refer to legs like that as "cottage cheese thighs" :barf:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

nerdpony posted:

Looks more like Steve Buscemi to me.

That's just because, unfortunately, Steve Buscemi looks like a failed drawing of a human face.

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

RazorBunny posted:

Where I'm from, we used to refer to legs like that as "cottage cheese thighs" :barf:

That's the most common phrase I know of for them, but I'm also a fan of making a comparison to a plastic bag full of dimes.

TenKindsOfCrazy
Aug 11, 2010

Tell me a story with my pudding and tea.

Captain Trips posted:

I know the economy is tough, but why would you agree to tattoo a thigh like that?

Or do major tattoo shops keep a chubby-chaser on retainer, specifically for those jobs?

Because anyone who wants a tattoo can get a tattoo? Is there a 'no fatties' rule that I'm not aware of?

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

TenKindsOfCrazy posted:

Because anyone who wants a tattoo can get a tattoo? Is there a 'no fatties' rule that I'm not aware of?

There should be rules against something like that...

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Captain Trips posted:

I think that tattoo artists who only tattooed body parts they thought were hot would probably not do so well, professionally. :quagmire:

pageerror404
Feb 14, 2012

I finally killed them.
If only there was a way to suggest more flattering tattoo locations to fat people without upsetting them. I know there are places on the body that don't get as fat and don't sag.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

pageerror404 posted:

If only there was a way to suggest more flattering tattoo locations to fat people without upsetting them. I know there are places on the body that don't get as fat and don't sag.

There is; we charge an inflated rate for areas that will be more difficult (or disgusting) to tattoo. When they want to lower the price, you can suggest an easier-to-work-with area.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.
From the funny images thread. Tasteless and hideous!

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Bored posted:

Oh Jesus I just noticed the stakes through his hands. This tattoo just keeps getting worse and worse. :gonk:

Guni
Mar 11, 2010

Bored posted:

Is the 'thing' at the back a dude or a hideous chick?

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Guni posted:

Is the 'thing' at the back a dude or a hideous chick?

It's Jesus loving Christ. :thejoke:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Twilump.

Stottie Kyek
Apr 26, 2008

fuckin egg in a bun

Captain Trips posted:

It must be interesting to work with a bigger canvas with less definition and flatter curves than a healthy person's body has, just from an artistic point of view. I've seen some people with tattoos who are all kinds of gross, not just fat - if I were a tattoo artist I'd rather work on a fat person than someone with terrible hygiene if I had to stand over their exposed body for hours.

Mayorofunkytown
Jul 28, 2006
No graham crackers
This might not be the worst but it made me cringe when I saw it.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

Stottie Kyek posted:

It must be interesting to work with a bigger canvas with less definition and flatter curves than a healthy person's body has, just from an artistic point of view. I've seen some people with tattoos who are all kinds of gross, not just fat - if I were a tattoo artist I'd rather work on a fat person than someone with terrible hygiene if I had to stand over their exposed body for hours.

My artists always seemed rather interested in how my chubbiness affected their needle depths :shobon: You have to have a light touch on the softer inner arms and around stretchmarks.

( My post in the good tattoo thread with pictures of my fat tattooed arms )

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Captain Trips posted:

When you have a business of any sort you never, ever turn down money walking in the door. You might think "oh my god thunder thighs, ugh" but the tattoo artist that did that probably had nothing but dollar signs running through his head.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Mayorofunkytown posted:

This might not be the worst but it made me cringe when I saw it.

That skull looks shocked.
"I thought you were kidding about getting a very cliche'd tattoo. But here we are"

Carrot Wheel
May 6, 2007

time is like a circle which is endlessly described

I think it's supposed to be a bat flying in front of a yellow moon (which I totally thought was supposed to be the sun, and hey maybe it is, I have no clue) with some clouds. Honestly, it looks really clumsily put together to me and I had to look at it for a while. The body of the bat seems to have some perspective issues, but I can't really see where everything is supposed to be connected. Maybe if it wasn't a bad smartphone picture, it'd be easier to see the details. Or maybe it's some famous design that's supposed to look like that and all of those words I wrote are just a show of my ignorance.

Plus, won't foot tattoos, even on the top, rub off eventually?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
They won't "rub off" the tops of feet, but they do fade much more considerably and much quicker than other places because of how much the feet molt. Tattoos on the tops of feet get a hazy, cloudy appearance over time. They can be easily touched up every once in a great while and still look good. The bottoms though will molt a tattoo away pretty much entirely, and it's a waste of money and effort. Good artists won't bother.

The above design looks like cheap lovely flash, it's colored like a Cherry Creek piece, but I can't be certain; maybe if the picture quality weren't so bad. Also that person's feet are ugly.

dinosaursforsale
Jun 10, 2011
i genuinely thought those were toddler's feet until i read the description.

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
My feet are kind of shaped that way, but they've been crushed and then multiple-surgically reassembled so that's why.

After The War
Apr 12, 2005

to all of my Architects
let me be traitor

dijon du jour posted:

Oh Jesus I just noticed the stakes through his hands. This tattoo just keeps getting worse and worse. :gonk:

And they're going the wrong way! You can't even go through the grocery store without seeing some very graphic crucifixion art, it's hard to miss the basic layout.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

A friend of mine is considering sleeping with this guy:

Friends don't let friends gently caress people with lovely tattoos!

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
Or Laker fans.

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

Patriotic Leatherface drinking a beer?

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

dijon du jour posted:

Patriotic Leatherface drinking a beer?

Pretty sure it's a slipknot tattoo of the lead singer using a microphone. Which is a good choice because your taste in music will never change.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

meataidstheft
Jul 31, 2005

Yous a lady Skwisgaar!
Even if someone I was married to tattooed my name that many times on their back I would run screaming.

Why can't people just put a drat photo in their wallet these days?

VVV pretty sure Papyrus was used twice.

meataidstheft has a new favorite as of 22:52 on Jul 8, 2013

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Notice that in the 4th row 4th Brenda from the left is written in comic sans. Talk about tasteless :colbert:

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Does his forehead say "Property of Brenda"?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

That would be the shittiest version of Memento ever

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

What anime has a character called Brenda?

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Palpek posted:

Notice that in the 4th row 4th Brenda from the left is written in comic sans. Talk about tasteless :colbert:

I didn't even have to count after I read your post, I immediately saw it. Why does that jump out so much?

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Jerry Cotton posted:

Nu-aniou zhouwan moe!

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Jerry Cotton posted:

Grendizer.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

OBEY YOUR...

Thirst?

Boneitis
Jul 14, 2010

skander posted:

Does his forehead say "Property of Brenda"?

Oh yeah? I don't see your name on him :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

I actually said, "Oh my god," outloud on this one.

Good luck on the coverup for that, guy who has terrible tattoo ideas. Maybe he can just get a giant version of this:

Edit: or a copy of the restraining order tattooed over it.

• Locked thread