Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

Lizard Combatant posted:

A contemporary Frankenstein could be great, but this poo poo looks la-zy.

It's from the producers of the Underworld movies, so that should give you an idea of what to expect. It's also been delayed twice and is now scheduled for almost a year after its original date, which is never a good sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggestOrangeTree
May 19, 2008

Waffleman_ posted:

It's probably an adaptation in the way that Van Helsing was an adaptation of Dracula.

But... Van Helsing already was half Frankenstein adaption. The monster was a main character. :confused: Also does Aaron Eckhart generally like to have his face hosed-up-but-still-half-pretty in movies?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

FoneBone posted:

It's from the producers of the Underworld movies, so that should give you an idea of what to expect. It's also been delayed twice and is now scheduled for almost a year after its original date, which is never a good sign.

Looks about as interesting as tapioca.

Red Bones posted:

I love how the monster looks in that new Frankenstein film. I can just imagine Doctor Frankenstein's reaction when he realised he hadn't created human life, he'd created a kind of generically handsome leading man with a bunch of scars on his face and a butt chin. Oh, the horror! What folly to dabble in God's work!

Hah! Exactly.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Stare-Out posted:

Yeah, I remember that too. I guess this is one of those rare cases where creative differences and the two main people on a project pulling in different directions did produce something amazing on top of being a nearly perfect compromise of both visions.

It's the Pink Floyd of film.

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Ah, they finally brought out the app of the movie.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Febuary.

Kill all minimalist poster designers with a rusty trowel.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Jedit posted:

Febuary.

Kill all minimalist poster designers with a rusty trowel.

What is more minimalist than dropping letrs?

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Stare-Out posted:

Yeah, I remember that too. I guess this is one of those rare cases where creative differences and the two main people on a project pulling in different directions did produce something amazing on top of being a nearly perfect compromise of both visions.

Yeah, if they took out the dark elements it would have been a boring movie and if they took out the light hearted moments it wouldn't really have any charm.

I'd like to think that Multiplicty is like Groundhog Day without the dark. It also suffered from Andie MacDowell.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Yeah, if they took out the dark elements it would have been a boring movie and if they took out the light hearted moments it wouldn't really have any charm.

I'd like to think that Multiplicty is like Groundhog Day without the dark. It also suffered from Andie MacDowell.
But it does have Michael Keaton doing four pretty awesome performances so it very nearly balances out.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Stare-Out posted:

But it does have Michael Keaton doing four pretty awesome performances so it very nearly balances out.

Like I've mentioned before, Michael Keaton is amazing in pretty much everything he does.

I really wish Tim Burton would stop doing terrible movies, call up Keaton and do Beetlejuice 2 because you know Keaton could do it easy.

*checks IMDB*

*sees there's a Beetlejuice 2 in pre-production*

*pees myself*

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Stare-Out posted:

That's why Groundhog Day is awesome; on the surface it's a light-hearted romantic comedy starring a lovably grumpy Bill Murray, but in reality it's a story about a man's descent into hellish repetition for years and decades with no escape.

Also "I've killed myself so many times I don't even exist anymore" is a pretty unusual line for a rom-com.
I like how it also finds itself on the top "Spiritual films of all time" lists due to its theme of trying to make yourself a better person.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

I'm genuinely happy Keaton's starting to get back into high(er) profile productions like Robocop and that weird Birdman movie. I know Keaton is game for Beetlejuice 2, but has he been confirmed for it yet? IMDb being what it is after all.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Stare-Out posted:

I'm genuinely happy Keaton's starting to get back into high(er) profile productions like Robocop and that weird Birdman movie. I know Keaton is game for Beetlejuice 2, but has he been confirmed for it yet? IMDb being what it is after all.

Nothing set in stone. Keaton is in negotiations, Burton said he's waiting to see a script first before he decides to direct or not.

Awesome Andy
Feb 18, 2007

All the spoils of a wasted life
First season of American horror story was a pretty good Beetle-juice adaptation I thought.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Paper Jam Dipper posted:

Nothing set in stone. Keaton is in negotiations, Burton said he's waiting to see a script first before he decides to direct or not.
That does sound encouraging though. Bottom line is, no Keaton, no movie as far as I'm concerned. It would be nice to get Burton back but it's not a must, even though I haven't really *hated* anything he's done lately.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Can't wait for Beetlejuice 2 starring wacky ol' Johnny Depp as Beetlejuice and Winona Ryder but this time...she's a mother!! Can she prevent her teenage twins (played by Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez) from falling prey to Beetlejuice's twisted influences? Can they learn to work together to stop an evil real estate developer from buying up their house to turn it into a strip mall??

e: also starring Helena Bonham Carter as Beetlejuice's dead girlfriend

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW

Stare-Out posted:

That does sound encouraging though. Bottom line is, no Keaton, no movie as far as I'm concerned. It would be nice to get Burton back but it's not a must, even though I haven't really *hated* anything he's done lately.

I'll only take Burton back if we don't get

Yodzilla posted:

Can't wait for Beetlejuice 2 starring wacky ol' Johnny Depp as Beetlejuice and Winona Ryder but this time...she's a mother!! Can she prevent her teenage twins (played by Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez) from falling prey to Beetlejuice's twisted influences? Can they learn to work together to stop an evil real estate developer from buying up their house to turn it into a strip mall??

e: also starring Helena Bonham Carter as Beetlejuice's dead girlfriend

This.

I'm sure Carter works for cheap when she's working with her husband and all but holy poo poo does she need a break from doing movies with him and Depp. Charlie/Alice/Sweeney/Shadows and hell even Lone Ranger which wasn't Burton but had Depp and her in it. Keep those three away from each other for a while Hollywood, I beg you.

Also if they need a new Lydia kind of actress I suggest Mia Wasikowska.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Yeah I'm so sick of those Justin Beiber/Tim Burton collaborations.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Justin Bieber was the worst part of Alice in Wonderland.

Also, a couple of posters.

The Comic-Con teaser for the upcoming Lego movie

and another Machete Kills poster.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Jul 17, 2013

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

achillesforever6 posted:

I like how it also finds itself on the top "Spiritual films of all time" lists due to its theme of trying to make yourself a better person.

The best dating advice movie of all time. It's about developing yourself and/or loving yourself before someone else can love you. If you make yourself into a better person the women will come to you. No pickup lines, no empty romantic gestures, no tricks, no mindgames, no saving her or saving the world, and still you can have women bidding and competing with each other for your affections.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

I will only support a Beetlejuice 2 if they stay with the Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian concept. :colbert:

EDIT: And, through the wonders of CGI and body doubles, resurrect Glenn Shadix.

caligulamprey fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Jul 17, 2013

Cinnamon Bastard
Dec 15, 2006

But that totally wasn't my fault. You shouldn't even be able to put the car in gear with the bar open.

caligulamprey posted:

I will only support a Beetlejuice 2 if they stay with the Beetlejuice Goes Hawaiian concept. :colbert:

EDIT: And, through the wonders of CGI and body doubles, resurrect Glenn Shadix.

The movie has to start with Beetlejuice, his suit in tatters and covered in stains, various parts of him propped up on other seats, an inexplicable cowboy hat on his head, sitting in the waiting room playing solitaire with a third of a pack of cards, when his number finally gets called.

Boom. Title credits.

Paper Jam Dipper
Jul 14, 2007

by XyloJW
I like to imagine that Michael Keaton dresses up like Beetlejuice once in a while just to see if he can still do it. Same goes to dressing like Batman or trying to run prostitution in random morgues with The Fonz.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Vagabundo posted:

and another Machete Kills poster.

So this character is a Harkonnen...

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Maxwell Lord posted:

Ah poo poo, ya beat me to it.

I wonder if he has to milk a hairless cat every day for his poison antidote.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Maxwell Lord posted:

Everyone on Giedi Primein Mexico has a heart plug.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
It's foreign Dennis Miller.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

penismightier posted:

Yeah I'm so sick of those Justin Beiber/Tim Burton collaborations.

It's so weird that people constantly namedrop Justin Bieber when they fantasycast lovely movies, as if the dude has displayed any interest in acting at all besides that one silly episode of CSI.

And Selena Gomez...well, Modern Family is one of the best traditional sitcoms on TV and Spring Breakers owned, so I can't find anything to hate.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

It's so weird that people constantly namedrop Justin Bieber when they fantasycast lovely movies, as if the dude has displayed any interest in acting at all besides that one silly episode of CSI.

And Selena Gomez...well, Modern Family is one of the best traditional sitcoms on TV and Spring Breakers owned, so I can't find anything to hate.

Selena Gomez isn't on Modern Family (and hasn't even guest starred)

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

And Spring Breakers was a bit poo poo, although Gomez was hardly at fault for that.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Vagabundo posted:

And Spring Breakers was a bit poo poo, although Gomez was hardly at fault for that.

Nah, man, Spring Breakers is legit.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Vagabundo posted:

I think you watched the wrong movie :colbert:

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
Black people are the real racists!

Supercar Gautier posted:

In thumbnails, that reads as

IMMORTAL
EVIL
GOOFY
I'd watch a dark "twisted fairy tale" Goofy movie. Goofy gets tired of taking everyone's poo poo so he decides to become a villian. Maybe do the cliche thing and have a kid from the real world get turned into a cartoon to help fight him.

Hyuck!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Hey, he does a great job on Game of Thrones.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

I can't believe they're making a lego movie. I mean I know they made a Battleship movie, but still.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

Red Bones posted:

I can't believe they're making a lego movie. I mean I know they made a Battleship movie, but still.

What's sad is that the Battleship movie kinda loving rocks in all the worst ways. The battleship pegs as the alien weapons, the boat drift, the use of AC/DC... there's a certain sense of positivity to it that I just can't knock.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
The lego movie actually looks... Ok? It's the guys that did 21 Jump St remake/parody and Clone High. I like that they've gone with this faux stop-motion style of animation rather than a more fluid and bendy look.

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Lizard Combatant posted:

The lego movie actually looks... Ok? It's the guys that did 21 Jump St remake/parody and Clone High. I like that they've gone with this faux stop-motion style of animation rather than a more fluid and bendy look.

Huh, watching the trailer you're right. The whole stop motion style really makes it work, I was thinking they'd do the bendy thing but I'm glad they didn't, the stop motion just makes it look like the whole thing is some kid playing with his lego which is by far the best way to handle it.

VVVVV I think it's truer to the whole kid playing with all his lego sets style, honestly. They've been doing IP tie-ins for years so the hypothetical child would have a bunch of different IP stuff that they just mash together however they want to. It'd be weirder if they didn't have them given how much IP stuff lego seems to put out. It reminds me of the scene where Andy's playing with his toys at the start of toy story 3.

Red Bones fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jul 17, 2013

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

Lizard Combatant posted:

I am inordinately upset that, rather than encouraging creativity and being set in an entirely unique world made of legos, the Lego movie seems to an unending parade of IPs that have Lego kits made out of them. So it's just one giant toy commercial and series of plugs; be sure to buy thew new Lego Batman kits, in stores holiday season 2013! And the new Justice League Lego kits!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

...of SCIENCE! posted:

I am inordinately upset that, rather than encouraging creativity and being set in an entirely unique world made of legos, the Lego movie seems to an unending parade of IPs that have Lego kits made out of them. So it's just one giant toy commercial and series of plugs; be sure to buy thew new Lego Batman kits, in stores holiday season 2013! And the new Justice League Lego kits!

Have you been under a rock? IP licenses have kept Lego in business (they nearly went under) since '99.

Welcome to the entertainment industry. Would you like a Subway with your iHop? (whatever the gently caress, that is)

Anyway, this looks like it'll be primarily non IP stuff with some cameos thrown in, cause people like Batman.

e: Hahaha, holy poo poo I only just got the irony of complaining that IP licenses make the LEGO MOVIE a giant toy advertisement.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Jul 17, 2013