Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Yeah fruit samurai sounds like loads of fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!
I was finally bitten by the Expensively Cheap Bug and started shopping around for a Gaburevolver and some batteries. I found this on eBay, which leaves me with little hope for the next generation of Chinese grifters. At least make sure you've got all the right guys on there!

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Guys?

I think we're gonna be okay.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Rei_ posted:

Guys?

...Officially on board. There better be a Gaimu branded soda I can import for way too much.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Rei_ posted:

Guys?

Ugh...I just. I don't even know how I feel about this.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!

Rei_ posted:

Guys?

And suddenly Fourze becomes regarded as a serious, even somber entry in the franchise.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
Oh my god.

If they're really going to try and top Fourze (or match Kyoryuger) in silliness, this could be fantastic. I love Melon Kuuga in the back.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

still can't tell if this is supposed to be five different riders or five different forms.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

I don't even dislike Wizard as much as the rest of this thread but I'm totally down for a more light-hearted Rider after it ends and with Orange Swords and Grape Guns there's no way that's not what we're gonna get.

Apple Mummy
Oct 11, 2012

Do we know yet which of those are forms and which are separate riders?

Tarodia
Jan 13, 2008

Winners don't do drugs
Is his sword an orange slice!? Move over W, you just got some competition for best Rider

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Rei_ posted:

Guys?

Taste the rainbow :getin:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Apple Mummy posted:

Do we know yet which of those are forms and which are separate riders?

I'm assuming they're all separate riders, they all look completely different and alt forms seem to at least have some unity in design.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Brother Entropy posted:

I'm assuming they're all separate riders, they all look completely different and alt forms seem to at least have some unity in design.

Same here. Personally I'd be down for a Ryuki/Kabuto style Rider pileup, though admittedly they've never gotten those completely right.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

A silly and awesome rider and sentai series at the same time my be too much for my heart.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Kamen Rider Gaim cast and crew info

quote:

scripts from Gen Urobuchi
Well, well...

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Jul 25, 2013

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
If there's ever a way to break out of typecasting, writing for a show about fruit-based superheroes is it.

It'll be more unique than Gargantia anyway.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 08:56 on Jul 25, 2013

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
We'll see what happens. Who'd have thought the same person who wrote MD Geist would end up writing one of the best Rider series in W.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Perigryn posted:

We'll see what happens. Who'd have thought the same person who wrote MD Geist would end up writing one of the best Rider series in W.

Well I found this posted on shittier websites. I'm suddenly back on board for this crazy rear end show.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Well I found this posted on shittier websites. I'm suddenly back on board for this crazy rear end show.
...alright, I'm sold.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Perigryn posted:

...alright, I'm sold.

'Warring States Dance Gangs fight off Monsters and Corporate Overlords using Kamen Riders' is basically the best idea.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

'Warring States Dance Gangs fight off Monsters and Corporate Overlords using Kamen Riders' is basically the best idea.

And also there's Pokemon, because why the gently caress not.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

toomanyninjas posted:

I was finally bitten by the Expensively Cheap Bug and started shopping around for a Gaburevolver and some batteries. I found this on eBay, which leaves me with little hope for the next generation of Chinese grifters. At least make sure you've got all the right guys on there!

If you mean the fact that MagiRed is on there, that's fairly typical now, since there are Legend Sentai batteries in the gashapon line along with the regular ones, and that particular gashapon set has a MagiRed Legend Sentai battery, hence his apperance on the booklet.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
More Gaim details including the other Riders' names

Perigryn fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Jul 25, 2013

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

W-what?

I guess this was the thing for kids he mentioned he was working on back in April. Gen Urobuchi writes a Kamen Rider series about street dancing, I'm not sure if I'm still asleep or not.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

KEEP SMILING!

OZC posted:

If you mean the fact that MagiRed is on there, that's fairly typical now, since there are Legend Sentai batteries in the gashapon line along with the regular ones, and that particular gashapon set has a MagiRed Legend Sentai battery, hence his apperance on the booklet.

Seriously? I never would have expected this to be a legitimate product. It seems weird to me since I would have continued thinking it was bootleg and not bought it if you hadn't said otherwise.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I can only hope that Gaim is an entire series of the Heaven's Tornado arc from W.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

I can only hope that Gaim is an entire series of the Heaven's Tornado arc from W.

If by this you mean that every member of the cast should wear a giant Tupac shirt, then I wholeheartedly agree.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

So to be clear about this:

The plot of Kamen Raider Gaim is that in a corporate-controlled new city, street dancers and Pokemon battling are the primary forms of entertainment. A group of street dancers turn into fruit-themed samurai and knights in order to battle rampaging out-of-control Pokemon.

I just want to be sure I am clear on that concept.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
As written by the guy who gave us Fate Zero and Madoka Magica.

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu

ImpAtom posted:

So to be clear about this:

The plot of Kamen Raider Gaim is that in a corporate-controlled new city, street dancers and Pokemon battling are the primary forms of entertainment. A group of street dancers turn into fruit-themed samurai and knights in order to battle rampaging out-of-control Pokemon.

I just want to be sure I am clear on that concept.
Well, you gotta admit...it's an original idea.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!
It's funny how the general interest level for the show went from zero to one million in less than twenty-four hours. At the very, very least, it won't be boring.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I still have very low expectations and am not expecting to enjoy it. But the writer has me interested more than anything.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

So it's Gaim instead of Gaimu?

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

http://youtu.be/9ueoC2AT4bY

LOCK ON!

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Also you guys realize that we'll totally have a sixth Rider show up in this series, right? Maybe like a cranberry one or something.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I'm starting to be a fan of that belt.
I need to see more of it.

Revolver Bunker
May 12, 2004

「この一撃にかけるっ!」

Parmesan Basil posted:

Also you guys realize that we'll totally have a sixth Rider show up in this series, right? Maybe like a cranberry one or something.

If they're going to be fruits I'm hoping for Durian or Jackfruit so we can have some sweet spike armor.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

That belt is the weirdest drat thing. I can't wait to see how it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

arhra
Jun 27, 2006
Welp, looks like I picked the best possible time to check the thread again to see if there was any news on the next Rider (I'm months behind on both sentai and rider right now, so haven't been reading regularly).

Street-dancing Pokemon Fruit Samurai. Written by Urobuchi.

:shepface:

• Locked thread