Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Say Nothing posted:

Fear the potato children!

Sweet Mullet on that kid. I think that might be a portrait of the Munsters' hillbilly cousins. You know, the ones no one talks about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

Bored posted:

Edit: The last one was from ugliest tattoos, but I'm hoping they got it wrong and it's actually just done with a ball-point pen.

Wrong thread. This owns.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Grrl Anachronism posted:

It took me several minutes to figure out what this said. Why would you let someone with awful penmanship give you a handwriting tattoo?

I like that the heads are facing distinctly different directions. Also the cranial butt up there on top.

I think the angle that this was taken from is the most terrifying part.

skubs
Oct 20, 2012
A friend of a friend of mine. Is also a Juggalo.

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick
Jesus Christ, why?

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy
He was just so excited to become unemployable that he had no time to come up with a good tattoo idea.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
His dearly departed mother had two passions: stained glass windows and quilting.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
Imagine knowing someone before they got their entire face covered with tattoos. It would be a bit of a mind job.

Pat Mustard
Mar 9, 2013
Judging by the Nintendo machine in the background the picture has been flipped. He probably looks perfectly fine the other way round.

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

Star Man posted:

Imagine knowing someone before they got their entire face covered with tattoos. It would be a bit of a mind job.

His name is Jester Mayhone. Some articles about him here: http://news.bme.com/?s=jester&submit=Search

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

I applaud this man. That's a lot of effort to prove you're the world's biggest Jon Spencer Blues Explosion fan.

:golfclap:

Assoonasitits
Dec 11, 2007

I guess frogout is too polite to simply say "begone".

skubs posted:

poo poo, I had something for this, too.

e: Lady and the Tramp-stamp.

For reals, though, I'm not sure if this is worse than the Juggalo paint tattoos or not. Like, on the one hand, it's unspeakably awful and was a terrible idea he'll regret if he lives long enough, but on the other hand, he's a Juggalo and could have gotten the paint tattooed on and at least this way you don't know he's a Juggalo to look at him.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
At what point do prison tattoos become part of the American folk art canon?

I really hope that historians and art nerds 100 years from now don't look back on this poo poo with reverence.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

skubs posted:

He looks like the drawings I used to do when I was taking a lot of acid :lsd:

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

I like to think this is all an elaborate cover-up for that terrible chin tattoo.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

fullroundaction posted:

At what point do prison tattoos become part of the American folk art canon?

I really hope that historians and art nerds 100 years from now don't look back on this poo poo with reverence.

They became folk art decades ago, dude. Actual jailhouse tattoos, though, not scratcher bullshit like in the thread. Russian prison tattoos are really interesting if you look at all the layers of symbolism and metaphor going on, and American prison tattoos have various meanings as well. There are some really, really impressive pieces out there if you dig a little bit.

Here's an example of Russian prison tattoos, just to show what I'm talking about :

The spires of the church probably represent either how many sentences the guy has served or how many years he's incarcerated for. The spider probably means he's racist, the skulls probably represent two significant murders he commited, the Mary and Jesus on the left side means that he'll never betray his friends, etc., etc. Old school Russian prison tattoos are really neat; I get kind of excited. Sorry for the little bit of a derail!

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

His name is Jester Mayhone. Some articles about him here: http://news.bme.com/?s=jester&submit=Search

Did this dude get some kind of imitation ta moko in the second picture? Something about ta moko on non-Maori pisses me off more than any other culturally misappropriated tattoo :v:

caramelbread
Jul 29, 2011

To continue this derail, The Mark of Cain is a fantastic documentary on the subject. It can be viewed in full on YouTube. I would post the link but posting on my phone and all that...

luncheon meat
Oct 11, 2007

Brendan Jones, 42, Bendigo
Last night there was a story on a tabloid TV show about a 14 year old girl getting a home tattoo in a caravan (trailer). The tattooist was busted for doing it too. http://www.abc.net.au/news/2013-07-26/man-guilty-of-tattooing-girls/4846092

I'll stick the segment on YouTube later. Not too amusing really apart from the Dad hiding in the kitchen not wanting to look at it while they kept asking him to come out.

Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k

Skinny King Pimp posted:

They became folk art decades ago, dude. Actual jailhouse tattoos, though, not scratcher bullshit like in the thread. Russian prison tattoos are really interesting if you look at all the layers of symbolism and metaphor going on, and American prison tattoos have various meanings as well. There are some really, really impressive pieces out there if you dig a little bit.

Here's an example of Russian prison tattoos, just to show what I'm talking about :

The spires of the church probably represent either how many sentences the guy has served or how many years he's incarcerated for. The spider probably means he's racist, the skulls probably represent two significant murders he commited, the Mary and Jesus on the left side means that he'll never betray his friends, etc., etc. Old school Russian prison tattoos are really neat; I get kind of excited. Sorry for the little bit of a derail!

If I remember correctly they're made out of like shoe rubber and water, or something like that?

In any case, googling "Russian prison tattoo" they're all really amazingly well done unlike all the garbage in this thread.

I mean, look at this! They are doing it with like a sharpened pen and shoe rubber! And morons with specialized needles and machines can't even draw a straight line? :psyduck:

E: yeah I was pretty much right about it http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criminal_tattoo#Russia_and_former_Soviet_republics

GrandMaster
Aug 15, 2004
laidback

JoeyJoJoJr Shabadoo posted:

If I remember correctly they're made out of like shoe rubber and water, or something like that?

shoe rubber and urine :barf:

check this documentary out - the mark of cain
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJyaSXoSQtU

probably belongs in the awesome tattoos thread though

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

In fairness, if you put a bad tat on a dude over here you'll probably just have inked someone too dumb to even know it's bad. If you put a bad tat on a hardened Russian criminal you are so hosed it's not even funny.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

It's almost as if it's the artist that determines whether or not a work of art is good, and not the tools

Vonder
May 8, 2007

They've got a spider baby!
I don't have a picture, but I have to share this amazing tattoo. My friend's uncle has a tattoo that's supposed to say "Born to Lose," but he's a crazy idiot so it actually says "Born too Loose."

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about

Babe Magnet posted:

It's almost as if it's the artist that determines whether or not a work of art is good, and not the tools

Now you're just talking crazy.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Captainsalami
Apr 16, 2010

I told you you'd pay!
She makes him/her get bent out of shape? :v:

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
She's really obtuse :downsrim:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Not right?

Patchouli Patrol
Nov 11, 2007

Tattoos by an acquaintance. The description on the Facebook album says she is "working towards an internship", whatever that means.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

"It means Love and Respect in Ancient Egyptian" :downs:

Assoonasitits
Dec 11, 2007

I guess frogout is too polite to simply say "begone".

I was thinking that the knot itself wasn't so bad until I looked a little bit (really not much) more closely at the linework and realized that whoever did it probably couldn't draw a straight line with a ruler.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Improbable Lobster posted:

She's really obtuse :downsrim:

She's actually kind-acute?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Maybe she's retarded embarrassing triangle pun.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Say Nothing posted:

Fear the potato children!

This is amazing. Do you think they looked at it as it was being done and thought "He's still working on it, it isn't done yet. It'll look good when he's finished." ?

Captain Trips
May 23, 2013
The sudden reminder that I have no fucking clue what I'm talking about
It came from Deadspin:

Roll Tide, indeed.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
An easy one to fix.

Would still look like crap, though.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

Captain Trips posted:

It came from Deadspin:

Roll Tide, indeed.

I mean dang, you could get a way better 'Bama tattoo than that, come on.

But then again, not like Georgia tattoos are any better:

The Ugas are all inbred and deformed and poo poo, but that is just ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

POLICE CAR AUCTION
Dec 1, 2003

I'm not a princess

Say Nothing posted:

An easy one to fix.

Would still look like crap, though.

Christ, what font is that attempting? Looks like some hideous thing you'd see in a children's book.

• Locked thread