Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Alamein's Highlanders - Model S2 (POV) by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

Alamein's Highlanders - Model R2 (POV) by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Got this for $69 at WalMart today. Go go go go check!

evil_cheese
Sep 11, 2002
I AM A LIAR

kensei posted:

Got this for $69 at WalMart today. Go go go go check!

I hate how people keep doing stuff like this. Every time i get excited when someone says this but i've NEVER seen any set on special sale at walmart or target ever. Most of the ones near me still have old ninjago things for full price. It's so frustrating :(

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

evil_cheese posted:

I hate how people keep doing stuff like this. Every time i get excited when someone says this but i've NEVER seen any set on special sale at walmart or target ever. Most of the ones near me still have old ninjago things for full price. It's so frustrating :(

It was full price on the shelf and scanned at $69 on the price checker. YMMV

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Local target had that and the LotR troll cave set, whatever it's called, on clearance, got the latter for my girlfriend. This was maybe two weeks ago.

Also like all the creator stuff was clearanced. Wal marts and targets do clearance store-by-store typically.

Rythe
Jan 21, 2011

The BX on base still has a huge chunk of the Monster Fighter set for sell, I am hoping the drop the price on them eventually, I still want my dang train to go with the rest of my displays.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

evil_cheese posted:

My local target always has a few sets on "clearance" which is actually only two dollars off full price. It's always crap sets no one cares about though (which is why they still have them in stock).

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

xzzy posted:

My local target always has a few sets on "clearance" which is actually only two dollars off full price. It's always crap sets no one cares about though (which is why they still have them in stock).

My Wal-Mart has a couple sets on "clearance" for <$1 off of list price.

On the other hand, I got Arkham Breakout there for 25% off, so take that for what it's worth.

e: VVV I got the big sets from Pharoah's Quest and Atlantis for 50% off each at a Target after... Christmas, I think, but that's the only big Target sale story I have.

Cockblocktopus fucked around with this message at 05:00 on Aug 5, 2013

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Target's always the worst with Clearance or Sale items. I've never seen a Lego set on clearance there that's actually significantly reduced.
Walmart's relatively reliable; I got the Vampyre castle for 30% off a few weeks back, and have also gotten things like the Midi-scale Star Destroyer for 50% off. Sometimes you have to search the store to find where they moved their clearance items to, though.
Fred Meyer's the best, since their clearance prices are usually 25%+ off and they almost perpetually have all of their Home clearance items (including Toys) on sale for 40-60% off on top of that.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Sockser posted:

Local target had that and the LotR troll cave set, whatever it's called, on clearance, got the latter for my girlfriend. This was maybe two weeks ago.

Also like all the creator stuff was clearanced. Wal marts and targets do clearance store-by-store typically.

Okay so I said this earlier and uh

Stopped at Target to go pick up a creator set I didn't have, like the green transformer or the sports car or something and uh

hey, the Vampire Castle was $50 and the Werewolf tree thing was only $10 so I got both for myself and the girlfriend, respectively.

ElZilcho
Apr 4, 2007

Possible Simpsons Lego next year?

http://www.brickset.com/news/article/?ID=7270

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Ugh, thanks for reminding me that was a thing. Still not keen on it.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Neurion posted:

Ugh, thanks for reminding me that was a thing. Still not keen on it.

Well, if the models are good it could be cool. What could they have? Their house obviously. The kwik-e-mart, moe's, maybe the nuclear plant, the school?

Ira Glass Jaw
Oct 21, 2010

Pyroclastic posted:

Target's always the worst with Clearance or Sale items. I've never seen a Lego set on clearance there that's actually significantly reduced.
Walmart's relatively reliable; I got the Vampyre castle for 30% off a few weeks back, and have also gotten things like the Midi-scale Star Destroyer for 50% off. Sometimes you have to search the store to find where they moved their clearance items to, though.
Fred Meyer's the best, since their clearance prices are usually 25%+ off and they almost perpetually have all of their Home clearance items (including Toys) on sale for 40-60% off on top of that.

The Canadian targets have had pretty good clearances so far on Lego. I got Weathertop for $34.99, Orc Forge for 24.99. All the series 2 planets for $5.04 each. So that's 50-60% off. Must be a regional thing I guess.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

uXs posted:

Well, if the models are good it could be cool. What could they have? Their house obviously. The kwik-e-mart, moe's, maybe the nuclear plant, the school?

If they don't do The Homer there is basically no reason for that theme to exist.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

To me, much like the Simpsons amusement park or whatever it was that was flooding facebook a month ago, it just feels about a decade and a half too late.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sockser posted:

To me, much like the Simpsons amusement park or whatever it was that was flooding facebook a month ago, it just feels about a decade and a half too late.

The show is nearly over so it's time to milk it for everything they can get.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Obviously you're not a golfer.

Rhyno posted:

The show is nearly over so it's time to milk it for everything they can get.

It's going to end soon?? There is a god. I love single digit season Simpsons, and pretty much everything and every situation could be referenced to Simpsons with my girlfriend, so I'd buy them no prob.

Delorean is "Available Now" online so I picked it up and used my 10$ credit, boom saved .49$ I kinda wanted to buy 15$ more for the minifig, but I could get a nice little set for that so eh.

squarerandom fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Aug 5, 2013

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
The Delorean looks pretty good, but I'm not enough of a fan of the movies to get one I think. Maybe if it happened to just be in a shop when I happened to be there, I dunno.

Besides, I have plenty of other things to get. I'll have to get the palace cinema and probably Orthanc as well. And the Sidney Opera House just looks way too awesome not to buy, doesn't matter how much it costs or how big of a problem I'll have putting it somewhere. I just like the bigger buildings too much. Besides the (available at non-crazy prices) modulars I have the haunted house too. It's awesome and the same scale as the modulars, which makes it perfect.

I just like buildings I guess. Especially the bigger and more detailed ones. I should get that architecture set too maybe...

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001
I'm hopeful that someday maybe there will be a Futurama set, so if they do simpsons, maybe that will come next!

Is the Delorean set maybe a good one to hold onto for future sales? I picked one up, figure I can always hold onto it see if maybe at Christmas time it might be worth a little $$. Otherwise I'll probably just stash it away for when the kids are old enough to appreciate it.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Rathina posted:

I'm hopeful that someday maybe there will be a Futurama set, so if they do simpsons, maybe that will come next!

Is the Delorean set maybe a good one to hold onto for future sales? I picked one up, figure I can always hold onto it see if maybe at Christmas time it might be worth a little $$. Otherwise I'll probably just stash it away for when the kids are old enough to appreciate it.

I'm not sure how rare it will be down the line, but we got a shipment of 9 of them this morning, and two hours later we'd sold them all. It wasn't even a busy day, either, so you'd do well to grab one while you can.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I ordered the Delorean and a few other sets from Shop.Lego.com the first day it was available, and I guess they ran out shortly after the order processed. They sent me two emails, one saying the DeLorean was effectively on backorder, and another that was just a receipt for everything that I received after the DeLorean email. They haven't charged anything, but I have a sizable hold on my card just waiting to process. I really don't want to cancel the order, given how rare the set seems to be, but I'm also not willing to have that much money just sitting in financial limbo. Any idea when the Delorean will be back in stock? Or if I'll even receive one?

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I ordered the Delorean and a few other sets from Shop.Lego.com the first day it was available, and I guess they ran out shortly after the order processed. They sent me two emails, one saying the DeLorean was effectively on backorder, and another that was just a receipt for everything that I received after the DeLorean email. They haven't charged anything, but I have a sizable hold on my card just waiting to process. I really don't want to cancel the order, given how rare the set seems to be, but I'm also not willing to have that much money just sitting in financial limbo. Any idea when the Delorean will be back in stock? Or if I'll even receive one?

I posted a few hours ago, but online it's listed as "now available" so I ordered one and ill see when it emails me that it ships.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Rathina posted:

Someone from the reddit lug had a bunch of futurama builds at brickworld.. they came out quite nice. So I guess you could look those up and build 'em yourself.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

My local Walmart had most of their sets on clearance, craggers command ship was $50. Very tempting

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life

ireladd posted:

I threw in an order this morning, because even though it says "out of stock" they are accepting back orders, so I'm assuming there will be another batch added soon.

Just got my 'Your LEGO Order has Shipped' email for the 41999 4x4 Crawler Exclusive Edition V46 that I ordered when it was out of stock online. Currently has a non working FexEx tracking number. The mini mech figure that they threw in for my order was shipped separately and is already on its way.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching
My order for that crawler hasn't shipped yet but I did already receive the little mech promo. I think I have enough black beams to replace the red chassis to improve the look as the red just stands out a bit to much against the blue. I didn't mind it too much with 9398 but with the new one yuck.

I just can't believe it sold out so fast, I know it was labor heavy for lego to make this set as the wheels had to be put on the rims for packaging but I would be kicking myself in the rear end for not making more than 20k units if it was profitable.

3 Action Economist
May 22, 2002

Educate. Agitate. Liberate.
I want all of these, but especially the British SAS guys.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

w00tazn posted:

The mini mech figure that they threw in for my order was shipped separately and is already on its way.

This stuff really puzzles me. You would think it would be worth it for Lego to make their shipping system smart enough to realize they shouldn't be sending freebies in separate packages.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

smackfu posted:

This stuff really puzzles me. You would think it would be worth it for Lego to make their shipping system smart enough to realize they shouldn't be sending freebies in separate packages.

When I had problems with a order I asked them why they didn't just ship both in the same box I was told that the polybag promo sets at the time were shipped that way due to damaging larger sets boxes.

Conelrad
Mar 22, 2004

Everything will be fine
Grimey Drawer

Merchant of Death posted:

When I had problems with a order I asked them why they didn't just ship both in the same box I was told that the polybag promo sets at the time were shipped that way due to damaging larger sets boxes.

It would make sense as someone on eurobrick just received their crawler with the mech freebie in the same box and it apparently dented up the crawler box pretty good. The guy was not happy.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Alamein's Highlanders - Model S3 (POV) by Captain^Foo, on Flickr

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

My DeLorean shipped today :goon: pretty stoked about that turnaround!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

4/7 bags of the Vampyre castle completed. There's some weird building techniques in there that are... well, I'd say below Lego standards? like just throwing bricks on top of sticks.

Also there's a 2x2 with center stud that just kinda chills over on the side of the castle like something's supposed to go there.

And they never, not once, explain the bat roosts.

Merchant of Death
Jan 19, 2006
Cha-Ching

Podothehobbit posted:

It would make sense as someone on eurobrick just received their crawler with the mech freebie in the same box and it apparently dented up the crawler box pretty good. The guy was not happy.

Ouch, hell the box was one of TLG's selling points about the set was its old style box. I break down most of my boxes but since I buy a lot of technic sets I have a lot of the breakaway corner boxes that don't break down well at all. I have around 450 square feet in my basement for lego and I still find it tight for space due to boxes and before I had a 700 square foot apartment. If it starts creeping outside of the basement area I might have a problem. Well outside of my dream of building the UCS Falcon and the Death Star Hanger bay into the worlds most awesome lego coffee table.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

squarerandom posted:

My DeLorean shipped today :goon: pretty stoked about that turnaround!

Ordered mine on the first and it arrived Monday. Still sitting on the shelf waiting to be built :(

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
So the Delorean is sold out on Amazon but according to the Lego site it's available? If they're available there why would they be $50+ on Amazon?

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Rhyno posted:

So the Delorean is sold out on Amazon but according to the Lego site it's available? If they're available there why would they be $50+ on Amazon?

In stock at Lego. Not enough stock on Amazon. The ones selling on Amazon aren't from Amazon, they're from 3rd party sellers hoping to make a quick $20. I purchased my directly from Amazon for $35.

squarerandom
Mar 24, 2007

Rhyno posted:

People are dumb enough to pay way more than msrp? I didn't get that either when some people said it was still up on Amazon and it's 50$-65$ :stonk:

ltr posted:

Ordered mine on the first and it arrived Monday. Still sitting on the shelf waiting to be built :(

Get building man! I bought it for my girlfriend since its one of her favorites movies, so I'm letting her soak in all the glory of the build :). I'll just put the minifigs together and take photos for Instagram and stuff with my other sets and figs. That's the other fun part to LEGO :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I got mine from Amazon on day one, I was just checking the status of another order and clicked on the Delorean by mistake and saw how much they were going for now.