Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
But no-one is surprised by that so-called twist. And they , as far as I can tell, really did all they could to say that overcoming despair was nigh impossible. They had a whole field of people there and only Haruto and possibly Koyomi survived out of sixty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
During a ceremony to magically drive people to despair. That's a bit different than just having to face up to some of your poo poo being wrecked. Every day there are people who lose poo poo driven to the edge of despair but they manage to hang on. Plus WW is specifically looking for wizards so he might be targeting people who have a better chance of not losing it.

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

jivjov posted:

Please keep posting as you go through. Can't wait to see your thoughts on the other heroes.

Can do, another five episodes in now. It's nice how every episode so far sort of leads into the next.

Still loving the team chemistry and still loving Enter. More specifically, I love how Enter doesn't give a poo poo and prances around like an idiot or treats himself to some microwave pizza while waiting for the Go-Busters to arrive on scene. Guess that's how he deals with having a crappy boss. Also the fight between Buster Red and the uh... evil speedy dude in 10 was great.

Omaricondego
Jul 5, 2011
I'm trying to find something new to watch at work. I know everyone hates TV-N's Shinkenger subs, but has anyone tried ShinkenAnon's and can comment if they are any better? They have already subbed up to ep. 32 and it would be nice if it's not TV-N.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

They're good and I believe ShinkenAnon is working with OT to re-do the subs. But when you get past the translated eps the change over might be too jarring.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
On epi. 12 of W.

when does the plot REALLY start? :v:

i mean ive been enjoying the case-of-the-week format so far but im REALLY looking forward to the meat of the story, so I ask TokuGoons:

When are they going to get the the firework factory?

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Every episode of W is magical.

:colbert:

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

The Blackest Goon posted:

On epi. 12 of W.

i mean ive been enjoying the case-of-the-week format so far but im REALLY looking forward to the meat of the story, so I ask TokuGoons:

Episode 45ish or so.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

On epi. 12 of W.

The plot has been going on the entire time. While the cases of the week happen, character or plot development happens in basically each one which is important for setting up later events.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
the sperglord in me just wants every Kamen Rider show to be grimdark, i guess

Agito had a perfect balance of serious and humor

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

the sperglord in me just wants every Kamen Rider show to be grimdark, i guess

Agito had a perfect balance of serious and humor

W is literally about a group of evil drug dealers working to get innocent people addicted to their drugs and includes multiple onscreen murders, including of major characters. It isn't quite Agito-level death but it's got its share of things getting real.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

HKR posted:

They're good and I believe ShinkenAnon is working with OT to re-do the subs. But when you get past the translated eps the change over might be too jarring.

I remember suffering that change. At least there are raws out now. Better off watching those than TVN.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

On epi. 12 of W.

You've got about six episodes to go before you realize how much you love it. So keep going.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

W is literally about a group of evil drug dealers working to get innocent people addicted to their drugs and includes multiple onscreen murders, including of major characters. It isn't quite Agito-level death but it's got its share of things getting real.

I'm not disagreeing. I just wanted to know when the main leads would finally decide to take the main threat head on.

Also I wouldn't call them drug dealers so much as arms dealers

Raizor
Apr 23, 2012

DIGITAL
I guess they're basically a combination of the two. A sort of Double Dealer, if you will.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Also I wouldn't call them drug dealers so much as arms dealers

You may not have gotten that far yet but Gaia Memories are really explicitly drug metaphor and there are several episodes which make it very very blatant. They're weapons too of course but the primary metaphor they use is seriously addictive drugs.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
eh. evil is evil

i should probably start watching Movie War 2010

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

I killed Chin the Conqueror.
Guns don't literally make you crazy and destroy your body like drugs and Gaia Memories do.

Judeccahedron
Jan 2, 2009

TheGreenAvenger posted:

Guns don't literally make you crazy and destroy your body like drugs and Gaia Memories do.

Plus, there's one arc that's basically a bunch of kids sharing needles a Gaia Memory and suffering serious harm from it.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
watching the Decade Movie War 2010 and theres just this one bit of of dialogue during the flashback W origin thats just "FORESHADOWING FORESHADOWING FORESHADOWING"

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
That close-up of Lord Chaos's new super-duper Deboss hand was the greatest thing I've ever seen. It's so happy!

Level Slide
Jan 4, 2011

Polished off Gobusters episodes 11 through 15. Between prancing around in a panda costume for shits and giggles, trying to play a tuba when he has no lungs, and straight up walking into some lady's house and converting her vacuum cleaner while she was using it, this set of episodes had the highest levels of Enter so far and I love it. I will most likely shed multiple tears when the Busters off him.

Speaking of, Gold and Silver are pretty cool. drat sure they're evil, though. Either that or just plain ~mysterious~. I'll give them a few more episodes before I pass my subjective objective opinion. I bet Gold uses Windows ME.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I am very interested in hearing your thoughts on them, especially if you like Enter as much as you seem to.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Enter was pretty drat awesome, to be perfectly fair.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Some Numbers posted:

Enter was pretty drat awesome, to be perfectly fair.
Enter may drat well be the most competent Sentai villain ever.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Enter is the most fantastic part of Gobusters. Between him and the mech fights, Gobusters was a good show.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Enter may drat well be the most competent Sentai villain ever.

Enter is the most competent Sentai villain ever.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Man, Go-Busters vs. Gokaiger was really loving mediocre.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Man, Go-Busters vs. Gokaiger was really loving mediocre.

The mecha fight at the end made up for the mediocrity, for me.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Is the Go-Busters Movie any good? The one with Tokyo Tower?

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I hardly remember what happened in it.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

As potsticker implied, it's not very memorable, but it's perfectly inoffensive and I liked the frog mech well enough. If you like Go-Busters, go ahead and watch it.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Dairanger was losing me with a poorly-executed Kazu episode and a stupid Kabuki monster. But then the wacky grandpa straight up killed a guy.

Edit: OH BULLSHIT IT WAS A FAKEOUT.

SpiderHyphenMan fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Aug 15, 2013

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

jivjov posted:

As potsticker implied, it's not very memorable, but it's perfectly inoffensive and I liked the frog mech well enough. If you like Go-Busters, go ahead and watch it.

Yeah, I didn't want to imply that it's bad at all either. It's certainly not as good the Doubutsu Sentai Gobusters movie, though.

Mountain Lightning
Aug 8, 2008

Romance Dawn For
The New World!
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1893273284/chroma-squad-manager-game-with-japanese-style-supe

If you don't know about this check it out. It's less than 4k away from it's 80k stretch goal of adding Kamen Rider inspired missions.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Mountain Lightning posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1893273284/chroma-squad-manager-game-with-japanese-style-supe

If you don't know about this check it out. It's less than 4k away from it's 80k stretch goal of adding Kamen Rider inspired missions.

I sincerely hope the "last few days push" gets this over the hump to the mission editor stretch goal. I so badly want to completely rip off all my favorite episodes.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
I said stuff on Facebook and Twitter in the slimmest of hopes that maybe one of the 10 people that actually look at things I say would throw in a few bucks. :(

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Man, someone on Dairanger really liked Star Wars.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
It's not as bad as Denjiman. The villains were literally named "Vader Clan". And the next year in Sun Vulcan they had this guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Well, I mean, the two parter I just watched had the new bad guy clad in black armor end up being Dai Red's father, talk of how Qi-Power and You-Power are light and darkness and the father being tempted centuries before by wanting the You-Power that he lacked as one of the Qi Warriors that he betrayed to go work with the bad guys, an old man who is his direct superior who he eventually betrays to save his son before dying to the old man's literal Force Lightning and his former Qi Warrior companions showing up as Force Ghosts as he died to forgive him. I'm not really wording this well but every time I thought it was Star Wars enough a few minutes later it would be even more blatant about it.

Also, I swear one of the villain themes is just straight up the Imperial March for the first ten seconds.

• Locked thread