Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
This really is a very well-done tattoo and it's easily concealed, which, if it were anywhere other than on the back of his head, would mean I'd be posting it in the Awesome Tattoos thread.

e: Having said that, the longer I look at it, the more :magical: it gets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Assoonasitits
Dec 11, 2007

I guess frogout is too polite to simply say "begone".

Aerdan posted:

This really is a very well-done tattoo and it's easily concealed, which, if it were anywhere other than on the back of his head, would mean I'd be posting it in the Awesome Tattoos thread.

If it was somewhere sensible like his back or chest, this tattoo would be loving awesome.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Assoonasitits posted:

If it was somewhere sensible like his back or chest, this tattoo would be loving awesome.

Huh? It would make no sense if it were placed anywhere else, because it's an optical illusion tattoo that makes his head look like a crazy monkey head.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

This has been doing the rounds on my FB. Classy.

It stands for gently caress The Pope and the person it's on is clearly the Loyalest of Loyalists

Assoonasitits
Dec 11, 2007

I guess frogout is too polite to simply say "begone".

Fatkraken posted:

Huh? It would make no sense if it were placed anywhere else, because it's an optical illusion tattoo that makes his head look like a crazy monkey head.

I get that, but what I mean is it's quality artwork, but in a stupid place.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Assoonasitits posted:

I get that, but what I mean is it's quality artwork, but in a stupid place.

Yeah but you need the crazy monkey hair.

I just couldn't see shaving a particular patch on the back of my head regularly. Maybe he only brings it out for special occasions?

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Jonny Nox posted:

Maybe he only brings it out for special occasions?

:effort:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Shannonmcn posted:

Look at that hammy arm, clearly it's actually supposed to mean File Transfer Protocol and he's just the Oest of Gs reppin his nerd bros.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."

Shannonmcn posted:

It stands for gently caress The Pope and the person it's on is clearly the Loyalest of Loyalists

I guess you could also say it means "gently caress the Police".

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I guess you could also say it means "gently caress the Police".

In Belfast it generally means the sectarian one.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

Shannonmcn posted:

In Belfast it generally means the sectarian one.

Let's be fair though, gently caress the Peelers isn't exactly a rare sentiment in Belfast either.

Still, even having lost family in the Troubles, inking yourself with "gently caress The Pope" seems a bit drastic :stare:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mister Adequate posted:

Let's be fair though, gently caress the Peelers isn't exactly a rare sentiment in Belfast either.

Still, even having lost family in the Troubles, inking yourself with "gently caress The Pope" seems a bit drastic :stare:

If you're old enough to get a tattoo, you have 0% change of getting to gently caress the pope anyway.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009

Cry 'Mayhem!' and let slip the dogs of Wardlow.

Some people just really like jaundiced Larry David.

MIDWIFE CRISIS
Nov 5, 2008

Ta gueule, laisse-moi finir.

Aerdan posted:

This is going to make gradually losing hair in that spot so amazing.

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug

apophenium posted:

I thought the outline for this one actually looked pretty okay in a sketchy sort of way... and then it just got worse and worse as I scrolled :(

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Hold on, hold on, I'm reading, don't move

nearly done

Carrot Wheel
May 6, 2007

time is like a circle which is endlessly described

As far as band/song tattoos go, this is an all right concept it just looks so boring. Also wonky but not blindingly terrible. Mediocre for sure and it could have been done in such a more lively/interesting style and that is what disappoints me most about it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

NoneMoreNegative posted:

nearly done

Okay, I like this song, but not anywhere near this much. A single line might be okay, but holy poo poo.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

NoneMoreNegative posted:

nearly done

Permanent birth control for men; the dream has finally come true!

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

NoneMoreNegative posted:

nearly done

I read the first line and started humming the Cheers theme. So over all it's not a bad tattoo.

BoyG
Nov 24, 2004

Have you heard the tale of the Cannibal King of Kavodel?

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

I was hoping to avoid having to look at that again, damnit.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Was it "I'm to young to understand" in the original too?

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008

Carrot Wheel posted:

As far as band/song tattoos go, this is an all right concept it just looks so boring. Also wonky but not blindingly terrible. Mediocre for sure and it could have been done in such a more lively/interesting style and that is what disappoints me most about it.

Is it supposed to be Birdhouse in Your Soul, or what?

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

apophenium posted:

Um sorry but this actually rules.

Ulfhednar
Dec 16, 2006
Blood for the Blood God!

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

My friend just got this- came out of a shop (a lovely shop), but not someone's kitchen. That linework! :cry:

pageerror404
Feb 14, 2012

I finally killed them.

Grrl Anachronism posted:

My friend just got this- came out of a shop (a lovely shop), but not someone's kitchen. That linework! :cry:

I like it a lot... Looks like a doodle.

Cream-of-Plenty
Apr 21, 2010

"The world is a hellish place, and bad writing is destroying the quality of our suffering."
Are you sure that's not just blue pen? Because that looks like blue pen. If your friend just got it, it's weird that there's no swelling or redness or sheen or anything. And you can see on some the linework where there's a heavy center line surrounded by a fainter outer, just like you'd get if you sketched something on skin with a pen.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Unfortunately, it is definitely tattooed on. 'Just got this' was a poor choice of phrase- I think it's about a month old at this point, and the picture is from last night, but it's the first time I'd seen it. I didn't ask exactly when he got it because I was too busy baffling at the outline, but it's all healed now. It came out of this place (I'll remove my link if that's not kosher).
http://www.brassanchortattoo.com/

e: according to him, it's also supposed to have shading, but something something blah blah blah had to wait an hour then got invited to the bar by the artist where he proceeded to watch him have a couple beers and a handful of shots- why would you let someone tattoo you after that? :confused:

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

Ugh, that's the worst looking Ziltoid I've ever seen. The forehead and snout are both non-existent.

For reference, this is what he's supposed to look like.

Inco has a new favorite as of 01:52 on Aug 18, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Theres no way I would have oicked your friend as male from that shot and the fact that its a hip tattoo.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

That's actually his shoulder. He's wearing a terrible sleeveless denim vest. More common among rednecks I guess.

edit to bring you some of my favourites from the same shop. I can't remember if I've posted derpy Wonder Woman and Superman before, but they're worth a repost.

And the best for last:

This one was posted without any description, and there isn't a single other picture from the same time period so I'm guessing it's not a cover-up. I don't even know.

uranium grass has a new favorite as of 02:05 on Aug 18, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Are you going to let him know that his shoulder looks like a butt-thigh?

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day

Grrl Anachronism posted:

Unfortunately, it is definitely tattooed on. 'Just got this' was a poor choice of phrase- I think it's about a month old at this point, and the picture is from last night, but it's the first time I'd seen it. I didn't ask exactly when he got it because I was too busy baffling at the outline, but it's all healed now. It came out of this place (I'll remove my link if that's not kosher).
http://www.brassanchortattoo.com/

e: according to him, it's also supposed to have shading, but something something blah blah blah had to wait an hour then got invited to the bar by the artist where he proceeded to watch him have a couple beers and a handful of shots- why would you let someone tattoo you after that? :confused:

hahahahahaha

Sadly I'm from the same-ish area so this doesn't surprise me all that much.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

SynthOrange posted:

Are you going to let him know that his shoulder looks like a butt-thigh?

Now? Absolutely, yes.

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

NoneMoreNegative posted:

nearly done

He didn't cross the T in "caught up in a dream" <:mad:>

Also even if it were perfect it would be a loving mess.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
:nws:http://i.imgur.com/gSkXY83.jpg:nws:

LeafHouse
Apr 22, 2008

That's what you get for not hailing to the chimp!

Dixville posted:

Um sorry but this actually rules.

Larry David rules but this tattoo does not. This is a good Larry David tattoo http://imgur.com/PuBGf0i

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trancegara
Dec 20, 2010

Oontz oontz oontz oontz...

Grrl Anachronism posted:

This one was posted without any description, and there isn't a single other picture from the same time period so I'm guessing it's not a cover-up. I don't even know.

Looking at the dates on the photos, that one appear to be a "before" shot. Technicolor blue cross above it appears to be the cover up (you can see one or two of the original lines if you look closely).

The cover up is still drat awful, and they still appear to be an awful shop. I can just imagine what they're not putting in their portfolio.

• Locked thread