Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

CapnAndy posted:

That's actually pretty good!

I was hoping to find OotS done in other styles when I did my search, but, y'know... DeviantArt. Has this person ever seen a human neck ever

Has everyone seen the new wallpaper? It's aces.

sebmojo fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Sep 2, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Belkar's taking the wrong idea from the title Dead or Alive: Beach Volleyball.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Well of course Elan had to forget to put some sunblock on.

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Roy's making good use of his ranks in Knowledge: Architecture.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
I just noticed the horseshoe crab and "Eat at Goblin Dan's" banner. That wallpaper's pretty great.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!
I like V in the old 1910 type unisex swimsuit. What is the symbol on that elemental? Looks like it starts with a "B"

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Fried Chicken posted:

I like V in the old 1910 type unisex swimsuit. What is the symbol on that elemental? Looks like it starts with a "B"

Likely Silicon

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Thor's up in the clouds, knocking back a cold one while grilling up something.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
Literally dead or alive beach volleyball.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

O-Chul as the lifeguard is my favorite.

How'd you save him?

One swim check at a time.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
The long awaited return of the flumphs.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

ConfusedUs posted:

O-Chul as the lifeguard is my favorite.

How'd you save him?

One swim check at a time.

God knows the local (non-Paladin mount) sharks are scared shitless by now.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I wonder if it's intentional that I find that image as sombre in parts as I do. Roy playing with the castle is kinda grim and poor Durkon :(

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Cliff Racer posted:

The long awaited return of the flumphs.
I think they're playing (what else?) frisbee

Also, Roy's castle looks like the exterior of Dorukan's castle from one of the very earliest strips.

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Fried Chicken posted:

It's S for Silicon. In the email he said he held that wallpaper back so the elemental could be shown in the comic first.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Just curious, does anyone think that a valid end for Tarquin's whole plan is an anticlimax? As in, whatever is going on with the rifts/gates (well, just the one gate, now) is going to be so big that it's the only thing people even remember from this era?

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Looking closely at scarf guy it appears like he has a missing nose or other facial disfigurement. Great detail by Rich "covering up" the scars mostly but leaving a bit exposed.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Cliff Racer posted:

it appears like he has a missing nose
How would anyone know? :confused:

I think they're just bags under his eyes. Dude's gotten older. That's actually a subtle detail I rather like about Tarquin's crew: when you look at them where they first show up they're noticably younger than their current selves, mostly by way of the amount of grey in their hair but Rich didn't forget about Miron.

(I guess cat people don't age as visibly and of course Malack is exactly the same.)

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Kruller posted:

It's S for Silicon. In the email he said he held that wallpaper back so the elemental could be shown in the comic first.

S is for Sulfur :colbert:
I'm loving everything about this wallpaper. Also, Goblin Dan is probably my favorite character ever

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Call Now posted:

S is for Sulfur :colbert:
I'm loving everything about this wallpaper. Also, Goblin Dan is probably my favorite character ever

It says Si, I think.

peak debt
Mar 11, 2001
b& :(
Nap Ghost
Theres higher resolutions on the website where you can see that it's Si (even though sand actually consists out of more oxygen than silicon :science: )

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

peak debt posted:

Theres higher resolutions on the website where you can see that it's Si (even though sand actually consists out of more oxygen than silicon :science: )

Exactly twice as much actually! Sand is silicon dioxide :science:

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Pft, everything's a bloody -oxide, doesn't count.

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

Shugojin posted:

Just curious, does anyone think that a valid end for Tarquin's whole plan is an anticlimax? As in, whatever is going on with the rifts/gates (well, just the one gate, now) is going to be so big that it's the only thing people even remember from this era?

Yeah, his plan only works if at some point, people realize en masse that he and his friends have been controlling everything the whole time. If they all die in some unknown fashion, they will be historical footnotes at best.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
I wonder if you could collect 25,000gp for bringing Haley's dad in alive, and then another 25,000 for killing him upon delivery.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

I wonder if you could collect 25,000gp for bringing Haley's dad in alive, and then another 25,000 for killing him upon delivery.
No

oobey
Nov 19, 2002

Well, part of Tarquin's plan involved living the high life for a couple of years as the secret ruler of an evil empire. An anticlimactic death just means he failed at one of his goals.

At this point, it's a partial win for Tarquin no matter what. He's just playing for the cherry on top of his victory.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

A.o.D. posted:

I honestly would think Tarquin would be likely to applaud their creativity, then would kill them on the spot for trying to be a smartass.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

oobey posted:

Well, part of Tarquin's plan involved living the high life for a couple of years as the secret ruler of an evil empire. An anticlimactic death just means he failed at one of his goals.

At this point, it's a partial win for Tarquin no matter what. He's just playing for the cherry on top of his victory.

Pretty much every villain has his salad days before being defeated. As for a "partial win", close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Regalingualius posted:

I honestly would think Tarquin would be likely to applaud their creativity, then would kill them on the spot for trying to be a smartass.

Making a weird misinterpretation of plain language is not "creativity." He'd wonder what the gently caress they were talking about then have them executed for killing a prisoner.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

TheBalor posted:

Yeah, his plan only works if at some point, people realize en masse that he and his friends have been controlling everything the whole time. If they all die in some unknown fashion, they will be historical footnotes at best.

I thought that was basically his plan before Élan came into the picture. Spend over half his life as a king until some random hero comes and kills him. It only when Élan was the hero was it an amazing story that could stand the test of time.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

Tarquin's also counting on using his leadership and combat skills to become a bigshot in his afterlife, so the way he dies probably didn't matter a whole lot.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Simian_Prime posted:

Pretty much every villain has his salad days before being defeated. As for a "partial win", close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades.
Yeah but that's the whole point. The salad days are what Tarquin explicitly considers his winning condition. He doesn't have an ultimate goal that a random hero adventurer can prevent by defeating him. Or rather, his ultimate goal is what most villains would consider the means to their end.

At this point, he has won, insofar that he's made a personal goal and achieved the hell out of it. It may not be a grand goal in the greater scheme of things but it works out extremely well for him personally. He's not actively looking to inspire countless future dictators by becoming a legendary villain but the prospect makes for a nice deterrent for would-be heroes like his son. And every day Elan spends thinking about a way to end Tarquin's reign that keeps him completely out of the limelight is another day Tarquin spends in luxury and/or killing and oppressing innocents.

Sure, Elan will figure something out eventually or maybe has already, but not making things worse is the best he can do. Unless he had a really spectacular flash of brilliance back then and has figured out a way to turn Tarquin's setup against him in life.

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.

My Lovely Horse posted:

Sure, Elan will figure something out eventually or maybe has already, but not making things worse is the best he can do. Unless he had a really spectacular flash of brilliance back then and has figured out a way to turn Tarquin's setup against him in life.

Good! I hope it happens soon so we can read The Order of the Stick and not just "The Tarquin Show", because at this point I'm getting sick of his Villain Sue bullshit.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Sir Kodiak posted:

Making a weird misinterpretation of plain language is not "creativity." He'd wonder what the gently caress they were talking about then have them executed for killing a prisoner.

Take a close look at the wanted poster.

Maybe some sort of Heisenbergian superpositon would qualify for the double payout?

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

A.o.D. posted:

Take a close look at the wanted poster.

Are you referring to the separate entries for "Dead" and "Alive"? Because those are both contextually conditional upon turning him over in those conditions, which are mutually exclusive. If you kill him before transferring custody, you're turning him over dead. If you kill him after transferring custody, you're not turning him over dead, you're just killing a prisoner.

A.o.D. posted:

Maybe some sort of Heisenbergian superpositon would qualify for the double payout?

That would be neither dead nor alive, therefore qualifying you for nothing ;)

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Sir Kodiak posted:

That would be neither dead nor alive, therefore qualifying you for nothing ;)

I believe a superposition is generally considered to be both states simultaneously. :science:

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

MikeJF posted:

I believe a superposition is generally considered to be both states simultaneously. :science:

An object in superposition can exhibit behavior different from what would be observed if the object was in any one quantum state. It is, from the perspective of the observer, a distinct way for another thing to be.

So... how long has it been since the last strip?

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Sir Kodiak posted:

So... how long has it been since the last strip?

Only four days. Can't panic until it's been at least a week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I have kind of a crazy idea of finding someone with a woodworking CRC type machine, and getting an elaborate wood cover for my OotS rebinding project. Make it look like medieval wood bound.