Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Liar Lyre posted:

I finished Fourze recently. Super fun series that stayed very consistent with it's themes (FRIENDS!!). Gen and the KRC were so cool too. Ending felt a bit rushed. Like they suddenly remembered they needed to introduce all of the Zodiarts and we blitzed through the big guys in the end. Still loved the show and it's turned me into a Kamen Rider fan. Now I'm moving in to OOO.

Be sure to watch Ultimatum; it's really the best ending Fourze could have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ultimatum has a lot of problems but it really does finish Fourze's plot off in the best way possible.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

Ultimatum has a lot of problems but it really does finish Fourze's plot off in the best way possible.

If you just watched Ultimatum for Fourze's ending and then stopped I wouldn't judge you in any way.

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009
Is it just me, or was the last episode of Wizard bad? I mean... really bad. Like I actually noticed poor directing choices in my children's toy commercial bad?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Needs More Jazz posted:

Is it just me, or was the last episode of Wizard bad? I mean... really bad. Like I actually noticed poor directing choices in my children's toy commercial bad?

Welcome to Kamen Rider Wizard.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

Ah, the donut show. Lots of tasty looking stuff on the outside, but ultimately hollow on the inside, and not good at all after the first day.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Needs More Jazz posted:

It really reminded me of Decade that way.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Fred is on posted:

It really reminded me of Decade that way.

Imagine that.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!

Some Numbers posted:

He's in control of all three extra Voltasaurs, including the one belonging to Violet who's still part of the team..

I've wondered if I were the only person who thought this was weird. I can understand when she's not there, but he does it even if she was right there for the transformation and roll call!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

toomanyninjas posted:

I've wondered if I were the only person who thought this was weird. I can understand when she's not there, but he does it even if she was right there for the transformation and roll call!

It's kinda weird, but Red is almost always in the spotlight more often than any of the others. Red also gets the best toys and upgrades and generally gets treated better by everyone else.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
They need Daigo's partner to form Kyoryuzin to begin with, so it's basically his robot too.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

AzraelNewtype posted:

Imagine that.

I was half-kidding, but I just looked it up, and it really was directed by Decade's head writer. Huh. I guess that answers my question of who thought the best part of Decade was wasting time, every arc, doing worldbuilding for a new setting that twists elements from the show being revisited into something at the same time confusing, boring and terrible. That and "very specifically misunderstanding how Kamen Rider Ryuki's Mirror World works" should be director trademarks on IMDB.

Maybe they're thinking of turning end-of-show Decade crossovers into a tradition. If that's the case, I'm really glad W, OOO and Fourze got to escape that treatment. I'd much rather they just occasionally team up to go kick Foundation X's poo poo in. Still hoping we'll get a new, actually good anniversary show in five years (if I'm still into Kamen Rider then...)

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Did Foundation X end up showing up at any point in Wizard?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Dexie posted:

Did Foundation X end up showing up at any point in Wizard?

No, they're only interested in Technology, not this crazy magic bullshit.

Edit:OOO's medals were made by scientist/alchemists and a modern day business man is the one making new ones. They're science.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Ressha Sentai Tokyuuger

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Dr Tran posted:

Ressha Sentai Tokyuuger

gently caress YEAH.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Train robots are always the best ones, but what will it be in one full of train robots?

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

No, they're only interested in Technology, not this crazy magic bullshit.

Edit:OOO's medals were made by scientist/alchemists and a modern day business man is the one making new ones. They're science.

It's a pity. It would have been nice for Foundation X to continue serving as the link between the post-Decade shows.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Dr Tran posted:

Ressha Sentai Tokyuuger

I really don't have the words to properly express my excitement for Train Taskforce on the horizon. I can't wait for the legendary conductor to be the mentor character and have rail switches be an integral part of attack strategies.

mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!

Dr Tran posted:

Ressha Sentai Tokyuuger

Holy poo poo yes!

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

:getin:

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!
Why do I feel like this is going to exist only to give Den-O the leading Rider role in the next Super Hero Taisen movie?

(I'm only half-joking about this.)

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Miss Kalle posted:

Why do I feel like this is going to exist only to give Den-O the leading Rider role in the next Super Hero Taisen movie?

(I'm only half-joking about this.)

Because you know how to think like a Toei executive.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Choo Choo Sentai, all aboard

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Yeah, I'm all ready for some train sentai. As much as a dinosaur theme seemed like a safe move, Toei really knocked Kyoryuger out of the park. Gokaiger, Gobusters, Kyoryuger-- sentai has been so amazingly fabulous lately.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Really hyped for Train Sentai. And when it comes out, the Kyoruger batch will also happen soon, so I'll get to that as well. And I'll (hopefully) be done with Kabuto.
Choo choo!

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Potsticker posted:

Yeah, I'm all ready for some train sentai. As much as a dinosaur theme seemed like a safe move, Toei really knocked Kyoryuger out of the park.

Well, theme-wise dinosaurs probably were a safe move and even though it's not been done in Sentai before, trains can be considered a relatively safe bet amongst kids too. Of course, that thankfully doesn't mean that Toei will be lazy with the actual show.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Well, technically trains have been done before with Lightspeed/GoGoV....

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

After this year's disappointing mecha the prospect of another train mecha hopefully on the level of the Grand Liner is great.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Magiranger has the best train mecha.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~
^^Only in a world where the Supertrain Megazord doesn't exist.

Tae posted:

Well, technically trains have been done before with Lightspeed/GoGoV....

My wallet trembles at the prospect of a train carrierzord that carries smaller trains. I want it. But mostly I just want mecha that's not so bogged down in gimmicks that it can't combine worth a poo poo.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I can't link on my phone, but KyoryuSilver's design was previewed and I Amin love with the design of his GigaGaburevolver. If it has a different voice too, I may end up losing more money to Kyoryuger.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
And guess who gets another robot to themselves?

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

Justin_Brett posted:

And guess who gets another robot to themselves?

It's almost like Red rangers are the team leaders that often are the central character of the plot.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Does it really matter who the robot Belongs To when all the rangers still end up in the same black void cockpit doing moves together?

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

HKR posted:

It's almost like Red rangers are the team leaders that often are the central character of the plot.

Yeah, I get that, but I'm a little burnt out by him. He's had a pretty good streak going.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

I hope Trainrangers get real cockpits rather than this black void nonsense.

DiscoJ
Jun 23, 2003

Those are usually limited to the more mystic/magic seasons and it's a probably a safe bet that this'll be a tech season.

I'd love to see a tech-cockpit that looked like it was actually controlling the mecha. The magical ones tend to be easier to believe even if they're ostensibly less realistic.

DiscoJ fucked around with this message at 13:36 on Sep 27, 2013

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

DiscoJ posted:

I'd love to see a tech-cockpit that looked like it was actually controlling the mecha. The magical ones tend to be easier to believe even if they're ostensibly less realistic.

Go-busters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Boukenger too, kind of.

• Locked thread