Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

homerlaw posted:

I looked it up and apparently it was his boyfriend
http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Athus_Nadorian

I didn't notice it was a link to "wiki-fur" and thought someone just created a wikipedia entry for him. That is one of the funniest obituaries that I have ever read. Also, I am a terrible person for laughing at a person's obituary.

"Athus was a traditional furry artist..."

Like the standard terrible Disney-meets-anime furry drawing style has been around for hundreds of years.

If I recall correctly, there was a thread in GBS laughing at Bad Dragon several years ago. I think there was a "replica dragon dong" or something. Some sort of title that made it sound like they had taken a mold of the penis of an actual mythological creature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

homerlaw posted:

I looked it up and apparently it was his boyfriend
http://en.wikifur.com/wiki/Athus_Nadorian

Actually no, Athus's boyfriend was Narse, th guy who designs dicks for Bad Dragon. This is just someone else. Anyway, after seeing that appear on FA I discovered that it's actually a trove of bad tattoos:

BarbarousBertha
Aug 2, 2007

Is this a guilt by association thing? Because I think this stylized snow leopard looks pretty awesome.

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

BarbarousBertha posted:

Is this a guilt by association thing? Because I think this stylized snow leopard looks pretty awesome.

I think it looks fantastic and was just pandering to all the goons that are gonna say the dots will look like poo poo in a few years.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Yeah, I liked that one. If I got a tattoo it'd probably be something like that.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

KATY PERRY posted:

I think it looks fantastic and was just pandering to all the goons that are gonna say the dots will look like poo poo in a few years.

Not really. Most of those are bold and solid, it should hold up well. The smaller dots will probably fade to almost nothing, but the rest should look good.

Also, that dog tattoo is awesome.

Praseodymi
Aug 26, 2010

So, Rihanna has just got a Maori Ta moko. Considering she has no Maori background at all, is that culturally appropriative enough to qualify being in this thread?

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Praseodymi posted:

So, Rihanna has just got a Maori Ta moko. Considering she has no Maori background at all, is that culturally appropriative enough to qualify being in this thread?

At least the tattoo was done by a Maori artist. Also I doubt that's an actual ta moko with clan identifiers, etc. Getting a tattoo done in a ta moko-influenced style by a Maori artist at least keeps the money in the Maori community. Interview with the tattoo artist where he talks about adapting traditional styles for non-Maori clients, etc.

AlbieQuirky has a new favorite as of 19:54 on Oct 9, 2013

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

AlbieQuirky posted:

At least the tattoo was done by a Maori artist. Also I doubt that's an actual ta moko with clan identifiers, etc. Getting a tattoo done in a ta moko-influenced style by a Maori artist at least keeps the money in the Maori community. Interview with the tattoo artist where he talks about adapting traditional styles for non-Maori clients, etc.

Looks like utter poo poo but I'll chalk that up to being put on with a chisel and not healed. She's not known for making good judgement calls in any case.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Rozzbot posted:

Animes on your wrists forever

E:
Better angle

Because I hate myself, I want to know exactly how bad this is, so can someone tell me whatever teenaged edgy angst bullshit story is behind these two animes?

magic pantaloons
Jan 9, 2012

Ain't you ever seen a naked chick riding a clam before?

KATY PERRY posted:

Actually no, Athus's boyfriend was Narse, th guy who designs dicks for Bad Dragon. This is just someone else. Anyway, after seeing that appear on FA I discovered that it's actually a trove of bad tattoos:

This one is too good to be associated with bad furry tattoos. :colbert:

Tears In A Vial
Jan 13, 2008

Corridor posted:

Because I hate myself, I want to know exactly how bad this is, so can someone tell me whatever teenaged edgy angst bullshit story is behind these two animes?

I googled it, and the girls name is Mitsuki Omoto, from something called Tsukumo no Kanade, but I have no idea if that's a game or tv show or comic or what.

http://www.animecharactersdatabase.com/source.php?id=102786

Edit: Here is a link for a walkthrough of it, whatever it is. The link is Super :nws: though, with pretty much what you'd expect... (Little girls in panties)

http://visualnovelspam.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/tsukumo-no-kanade-thoughts.html

quote:

Hifumi returned to his hometown Tsuzuraori village with his friends Aina and Touma for the summer to help with the town revitalization project. The town has a few legends associated to it, one of which is the tsukumogami, spirits that reside in old items. They bestow blessings to humans in exchange for their memories and life span. And during the night with the ‘broken moon’ which happens once every hundred years, those that are haunted by the tsukumogami will be taken by it to the world of the dead.
He thought that this was merely a fairy tale, until he met a ghastly girl wrapped entirely in bandages who said she had been waiting for him even if he forgot about her. She gave the tsukumogami Hakujasei to him, and it morphed into a giant snake and attacked him. Cornered, he was saved by another girl with a handgun tsukumogami, Fusehime. Afterwards, Fusehime revealed that she did not have any memories of her past, except that she made a promise to protect someone.

quote:

Hifumi's cousin! Yay, more incest! 8D

The chick in the tattoo is the council president of a local all-girls school. Yeah.

Tears In A Vial has a new favorite as of 12:00 on Oct 11, 2013

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!
It looks more like that crazy pink-haired chick from Mirai Nikki (which really is the epitome of teenage edgy angst bullshit for young lonely nerds, at least as far as I've seen on the internet.)

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo
I guess this is one way to turn a generic birds and infinity symbol tattoo into something a bit more personal.

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/3QqILKf.jpg:nws:

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

MisterOblivious posted:

I guess this is one way to turn a generic birds and infinity symbol tattoo into something a bit more personal.

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/3QqILKf.jpg:nws:

I wish my balls had spikes like that.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

"Maybe if all the tentacles are twisted up she won't notice how bad it is!:downs:"

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

TheWyrmDude posted:

"Maybe if all the tentacles are twisted up she won't notice how bad it is!:downs:"

I cannot figure out what's going on with its face (is that its face ? Or the side of its head ?). Is it a skull ? Or has something eaten away all the flesh/bone from around its right eyeball ?

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Istari posted:

I cannot figure out what's going on with its face (is that its face ? Or the side of its head ?). Is it a skull ? Or has something eaten away all the flesh/bone from around its right eyeball ?

It's obviously a T-1000 in disguise.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

TheWyrmDude posted:

I actually kind of like it the sketchy tentacles :( it does have a :saddowns: face though

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Agreed. Tentacles look ok but the face is so hideously anatomically incorrect it just ruins it.

Multiplesarcasm
Mar 3, 2006

a corduroy explosion.
It's one of those tattoos that the more you look at it, the more problems you find.

Do you see those suction cups? The ones on the lower half? I mean, come the hell on.

meataidstheft
Jul 31, 2005

Yous a lady Skwisgaar!
Looks like an Okkervil River album cover to me.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Multiplesarcasm posted:

It's one of those tattoos that the more you look at it, the more problems you find.

Do you see those suction cups? The ones on the lower half? I mean, come the hell on.

Yeah, I was gonna try making sense of the head, like maybe label what the artist was trying to do with that ( think that's an eye, not a mouth, and the jetsiphon coming out of the side of the head), but the more I looked at it, the crappier it was. I was thinking, "Yeah, they tried for two eyes...why can we see anything of the eye beside the bump there...is that actually a boob?" Then I started noticing all of the problems with the tentacles, including the random 3rd row of suction cups that you're talking about. And some of those tentacles are paper thin...There's just so much wrong with that tattoo.

I'm kind of wondering if they used this picture as a reference and misunderstanding what parts they are actually looking at...which doesn't excuse how much it sucks. But I could kind of see them loving up the siphon and the eye/boob bump if they were looking at this picture upside down or something.

Actually, looking at the pictures side-by-side, I'm pretty sure they did flip this exact picture upside down and sideways.they flipped it horizontally and then rotated it.

Fantastic reproduction of that anatomy pic! :thumbsup:

Bored has a new favorite as of 00:47 on Oct 16, 2013

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3517179&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=39
Scroll down to the bottom of the page. The image is pretty drat NWS.

I'm not at all convinced it's not a troll, but still.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

So what's going on with that thing's face there, I'm not really sure how octopii anatomy works... gently caress it I'll just scribble some wonkyass outline that's good enough.

Crow Jane posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3517179&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=39

Everyone else was convinced it was a troll too... until the next page, where he posts a photo with his username scribbled on an old pizza box. :gonk:

e. On second glance it looks like a temp tat, from the shiny way it wrinkles on the skin surface. I'm going to go with this.

Corridor has a new favorite as of 04:41 on Oct 16, 2013

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Bored posted:

Actually, looking at the pictures side-by-side, I'm pretty sure they did flip this exact picture upside down and sideways.they flipped it horizontally and then rotated it.

Fantastic reproduction of that anatomy pic! :thumbsup:

Whoa, good find. I don't think they could've screwed that up more if they'd tried.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Hearts are hard, guys.

Awesome Kristin
May 9, 2008

yum yum yum
What the hell? I've drawn better hearts on a scrap of paper.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Another gift from imgur, only this time not from r/WTF:

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Aerdan posted:

Another gift from imgur, only this time not from r/WTF:

For the sake of my own sanity, I'm just going to assume that the tattoo continues under the shirt.

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

Istari posted:

For the sake of my own sanity, I'm just going to assume that the tattoo continues under the shirt.

All the tattoos in this thread, and this is the one that fucks with your sanity?

ToastFaceKillah
Dec 25, 2010

every day could be your last
in the jungle

Corridor posted:

So what's going on with that thing's face there, I'm not really sure how octopii anatomy works... gently caress it I'll just scribble some wonkyass outline that's good enough.

Everyone else was convinced it was a troll too... until the next page, where he posts a photo with his username scribbled on an old pizza box. :gonk:

e. On second glance it looks like a temp tat, from the shiny way it wrinkles on the skin surface. I'm going to go with this.

Unfortunately, it's real.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Corridor posted:

All the tattoos in this thread, and this is the one that fucks with your sanity?

The then/than mistake is a huge pet peeve for me. And the thought of being forced to stand behind that person in a queue for an hour kind of makes me want to cry.

Akrabbim
Aug 10, 2003
It means 'scorpion' in Hebrew, and rhymes with 'bakrabbim'. Don't even ask...

Crow Jane posted:

I'd rather not click on that... care to give a description to those of us at work?

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

Akrabbim posted:

I'd rather not click on that... care to give a description to those of us at work?

A bulbasaur is forcibly tentacle raping an underage anime girl, and I sincerely hope your boss reads over your shoulder

dijon du jour
Mar 27, 2013

I'm shy

death .cab for qt posted:

A bulbasaur is forcibly tentacle raping an underage anime girl, and I sincerely hope your boss reads over your shoulder

TBF, I'm pretty sure Jessie (the tattoo has Jessie from Team Rocket) is an adult. That is literally the only not horrible thing about the tattoo. I'm still choosing to believe it's temporary and he's going to dress up as a gross nerd for Halloween.

e:VVVVVVVVVVV
God dammit, anime. :suicide:

dijon du jour has a new favorite as of 16:05 on Oct 16, 2013

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

dijon du jour posted:

TBF, I'm pretty sure Jessie (the tattoo has Jessie from Team Rocket) is an adult. That is literally the only not horrible thing about the tattoo. I'm still choosing to believe it's temporary and he's going to dress up as a gross nerd for Halloween.

She's canonically 17. Pokemon time is weirder than Doctor Who time.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

razorrozar posted:

She's canonically 17. Pokemon time is weirder than Doctor Who time.

Bulbapedia says she's 25. I normally trust fan wikis to be accurate on small details like that, because they're all run by crazy people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

There seems to be a lot of contention over different sites about her age. Some say in the games she's supposed to be the same age as Ash, but that the anime depicts them as in their 20s. Either way, the OP himself made sure to point out that "she's 17"- still really gross and creepy, no matter how drat old she is.

• Locked thread