Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Kyoryuger is still pretty good, yeah. Mostly I'm interested in exactly what is happening to Aigaron. Chaos seems to have Deboss in his body, so it probably isn't that...otherwise that would be the most obvious guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Twelve by Pies posted:

Kyoryuger is still pretty good, yeah. Mostly I'm interested in exactly what is happening to Aigaron. Chaos seems to have Deboss in his body, so it probably isn't that...otherwise that would be the most obvious guess.

I think he just has a sadistic/angry side that he's trying to repress. I've not noticed any indications that its something more sinister.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

jivjov posted:

I think he just has a sadistic/angry side that he's trying to repress. I've not noticed any indications that its something more sinister.

The fact that he didn't even know what was happening the first few times it happened didn't set off alarms for you?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

AzraelNewtype posted:

The fact that he didn't even know what was happening the first few times it happened didn't set off alarms for you?

I took that as more of a quirk, like a Hulk-out or Jekyll-Hyde thing, more than anything else. I suppose we'll see.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
As much as I like Kyoryuger I can't help shake the feeling that something is off. Maybe its just that the plot seems to just be going through the motions with no emotional weight? Or that Black, Pink, Green and Gold (two thirds of the team, mind you) don't even seem to have on going plot arcs? Its just a little odd. I mean I like the characters, both heroes and villains, but outside of Nossan, Uchesimaru and Luckyuro I don't really care what all happens to them. Like I saw Turin's fake death and past reveal and was basically like "whatever" while when similar shows pulled stunts like that it was a big deal. Or Dogold's betrayl of the anger villain, when Jetman did similar things I could really feel what characters were after, with this its just "well that advances the plot."

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I think the biggest reason why the Torin reveal didn't really have any emotional weight was because at the very beginning of the episode King's dad says "Are you ready to trust Torin no matter what?" That made it pretty obvious that Torin was evil at one point so when Chaos finally admits it it's just like "Oh well yeah that's why King's dad said to trust him." Add on to that that King had already been told to trust Torin by his dad, so there's no conflict from the team of "What should we do? Our mentor used to work with the villains!" And on top of all this since the best the villains can do is sort of control his body, he isn't even brainwashed or anything, it just doesn't produce a lot of tension.

I really like Kyoryuger and think it's good, but I think the Torin thing was poorly done since (at least so far) it doesn't seem to have added anything interesting to the plot. It's just "He was bad once" and it's kinda like "Okay." There was no real repercussions from the reveal and it doesn't seem to have had any bearing on anything compared to if Torin hadn't been a villain.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
From what we've been told, he wasn't a villain at any point though. He and Chaos were spawned at the same time to go destroy planets, with Chaos taking out the planet that Dr. Ulshade visited and Torin going to Earth. He's a Kamen Rider: created by the villain but choosing to use his power for the good of life on Earth. This is why there's no real wringing of hands over his past villainy.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Are you guys saying Aigoron is going thru puberty?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I kinda like the rival thing going on with Black and Aigaron and I wish each of the main Kyoryugers had a rival

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Xelkelvos posted:

I kinda like the rival thing going on with Black and Aigaron and I wish each of the main Kyoryugers had a rival

They sorta have a thing with Amy and Candelira as well as Souji and Luckyuro but it's not really an established rivalry. Just that they tend to fight those guys the most.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax
Really, I thought that Ami and Luckyuro got into fights more that Souji and Luckyuro did. Remember him stomping on her back in episode five or so?

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

AzraelNewtype posted:

From what we've been told, he wasn't a villain at any point though. He and Chaos were spawned at the same time to go destroy planets, with Chaos taking out the planet that Dr. Ulshade visited and Torin going to Earth. He's a Kamen Rider: created by the villain but choosing to use his power for the good of life on Earth. This is why there's no real wringing of hands over his past villainy.
I got the feeling that they did more than one planet before coming to earth those were just the most recent.

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

I killed Chin the Conqueror.

Xelkelvos posted:

Don't forget Ucchi and Dogold.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

I would watch an entire series if it were just episode 32 of Kyoryuger.

Come on and slam.
And welcome to the jam.

And GET DUNKED!

I couldn't find an appropriate emoticon. But now all that's left is 33, then I can watch something else while following Kyoryu and Gaim. Feels good to be caught up.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Someone is taking bluray rips of W and adding W-Time's subs to them

No word on actual quality right now.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

TheGreenAvenger posted:

That's really the only other one. Amy and Luckyuro is the closest any other Kyoryuger gets. If there's an episode setting up Candelira and Nossan and him being wooed by her human form before the reveal and then swearing utter revenge for toying with his innocent heart, I would be utterly satisfied.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Xelkelvos posted:

That's really the only other one. Amy and Luckyuro is the closest any other Kyoryuger gets. If there's an episode setting up Candelira and Nossan and him being wooed by her human form before the reveal and then swearing utter revenge for toying with his innocent heart, I would be utterly satisfied.

There's Torin and Chaos and King and Endolf (One's the Bravest the other is Anti-Brave) whenever he decided to break out.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Hurricanger: 10 Years After has now been subbed by Over-Time.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 18, 2013

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Larryb posted:

Hurricanger 10 Years After has now been subbed by Over-Time.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh I know what I'm watching as soon as I get home.

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

My operative/co-blogrunner watched it and said they fixed the "Ride with a devil" line that the W-Time subs screwed up, I'm sold.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

TheGreenAvenger posted:

My operative/co-blogrunner watched it and said they fixed the "Ride with a devil" line that the W-Time subs screwed up, I'm sold.

I'm actually now furious about this then:

When we assumed it was just a find/replace hack to reintroduce the second u in Fuuto (which would make it consistent with later episodes anyway) this was one thing, but with an honest to god translation correction in the mix?! :argh:

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

TheGreenAvenger posted:

I hope this ends up like the Gai and Grey rivalry in Jetman. Though if Dogold gets way too greedy and tries to use Deboss as the body for his armor, then I'd be down with it.

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

AzraelNewtype posted:

I'm actually now furious about this then:

When we assumed it was just a find/replace hack to reintroduce the second u in Fuuto (which would make it consistent with later episodes anyway) this was one thing, but with an honest to god translation correction in the mix?! :argh:

Yeah, I didn't remember the exact context for that one but she did say that they didn't fix that. Woops. Maybe there's no translator on staff, and they just fixed the ride with a devil line because it wasn't screwed up in later parts where they flashback/refer to the line.

OZC
Jan 28, 2008
Hey, yeah, so that's me doing those BD rips. Hadn't looked at this thread in a few days. TheGreenAvenger is exactly right in how I went about fixing that. I don't know any Japanese except for whatever handful of words and phrases I've picked up from consistent translation in anime and other subs over the years. I happened to watch the Begins Night movie again about 2 weeks ago, and so when I tackled the first few episodes of the BDs, it clicked that the lines were different, and I figured since Begins Night wouldn't have been subbed until much later into W's run since you would have had to wait for the DVD, the translation on the movie would have logically been the more accurate one. If I hadn't watched Begins Night so recently, I very much doubt I'd have altered that line.

That's also why I made tweaks to the line the narrator says at the end of the preview when I did random samples and found that the majority of the episodes were using "That settles it!". Same with the Fuuto stuff, I ran a find/replace as AzraelNewtype said, though I'm hoping I didn't miss any 2-6 as I may not have re-run that check in those.

In hindsight, I probably should have approached the Over-Time crew about using the subs to see if there were any alterations that wanted to be made, but I was just excited to encode and release the BDs and got a bit ahead of myself. I'll happily make changes to any further episodes and patch these when I batch 'em later, but as I said, any other changes that get made by myself will only be as a result of me being able to recognize something is different, not because I'm actually retranslating anything, so I'd be relying on updated scripts from O-T if you guys are interested in furnishing me with the updates.

OZC fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Oct 20, 2013

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Heya. I'd suggest popping onto #over-time on rizon if you'd like to help. I'm already taking care of encoding (720p as I checked and there is no difference between the BD source and an upscale of the thing after being downscaled to 1080), and I think heat worked out what the payment is for translating slippers and bulletin boards (he accepts payment in pizza), but time shifting and typesetting is still up in the air, and Ignis already has enough of a backlog. (And then there's the retiming needed on the net movies if we want to stick them to the new raws. That one could take a while)

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

FortMax posted:

Heya. I'd suggest popping onto #over-time on rizon if you'd like to help. I'm already taking care of encoding (720p as I checked and there is no difference between the BD source and an upscale of the thing after being downscaled to 1080), and I think heat worked out what the payment is for translating slippers and bulletin boards (he accepts payment in pizza), but time shifting and typesetting is still up in the air, and Ignis already has enough of a backlog. (And then there's the retiming needed on the net movies if we want to stick them to the new raws. That one could take a while)

Sure thing, I'll drop by at some point when I have a chance to really chat about it. I'll likely continue encoding my copies, not because I dislike your encodes or anything (as I recall, you are doing the BunnyHat encodes) but because I use, and have a number of people who grab my encodes that also use hardware players, and the 10-bit stuff doesn't work on those. I was looking at it and have been thinking of dropping the 1080p files though, since like you said, there's just no difference. The only thing stopping me there was the fact that the stats on the downloads seems to indicate the 1080p files are more popular, but that's probably just because people are seeing 1080p=bigger=better. I'm sure a quick image comparison can change that.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
No problem. And here's a comparison. When I uploaded it, I had to double-check the filesizes because I thought I gave it the same image twice.

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

I always download 720 cos 1080 chugs my computer. V: It can certainly tell the difference! And thanks for coming by. I'm sure Over-Time would love to have you do it for them cos that means they don't have to, BAM.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
Have we heard from any of the big sub groups if subs for Super Hero Taisen Z are in the works?

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Bragioh's theme song is ridiculous

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Dr Tran posted:

Bragioh's theme song is ridiculous beautiful in every imaginable way

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Gaim ep. 3:

kouta is the best rider ever

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

So are we sure this wasn't the finale of Kyoryuger? Cause they hit all the typical finale notes. Then again I'm pretty sure they did that with the debut of Space Dino so who the gently caress knows what this 3rd act is gonna do.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So are we sure this wasn't the finale of Kyoryuger? Cause they hit all the typical finale notes. Then again I'm pretty sure they did that with the debut of Space Dino so who the gently caress knows what this 3rd act is gonna do.

Yeah! I caught the episode on stream having dropped it for a while and I was like... i... Is this the last episode? Maybe that's just how Sentai rolls now? GoBusters had like four finales.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Rei_ posted:

Yeah! I caught the episode on stream having dropped it for a while and I was like... i... Is this the last episode? Maybe that's just how Sentai rolls now? GoBusters had like four finales.

Considering there was a next episode preview at the end and we still haven't seen KyoryuSilver yet I'm guessing no. Probably getting close though, I'd say maybe 13-14 more episodes at the least(or maybe less considering how quickly this show's plot seems to be moving).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Oct 28, 2013

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Larryb posted:

Considering there was a next episode preview at the end and we still haven't seen KyoryuSilver yet I'm guessing no. Probably getting close though, I'd say maybe 13-14 more episodes at the least(or maybe less considering how quickly this show's plot seems to be moving).

Go-Bus had a full 50, and Rider tends to sit at around 48 or so. So I'd say that sounds about right. As long as they don't pull a Wizard, we should see the end by late February/Early March.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Rei_ posted:

It's not normally how sentai rolls. Go-bus had it becuase it got retooled. Kyoryuger's had two episodes that felt like finales at the end of what seemed to be major plot arc (The return and upgrade of Pleyzudon and the resurrection/hunt for Bragigas.) Given how many episodes are left I feel like we're moving into end game times. Expect more poo poo like Sad Knight Going completely nuts and Endolf breaking free of his armor cell and Luckiero's inevitable death.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Oct 28, 2013

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
They really should have waited to use the second intro until after the GoBusters killed Messiah.

Darksaber
Oct 18, 2001

Are you even trying?
I'm really enjoying Kyo. Between the basketball episode, this one, and the summer / fall ones I think they've been on a roll lately. It's not quite as awesome as Gokaiger, but it's got some awesome enjoyable episodes. They might be cheesy, but what else would you expect?

But I do need a drat 10 ranger helmetless roll call that lasts like four minutes in the last episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Darksaber posted:

But I do need a drat 10 ranger helmetless roll call that lasts like four minutes in the last episode.
How would that work for Ramirez?

• Locked thread