Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tactical_grace
Oct 18, 2004

General Contact Unit
(Escarpment Class)
Upcoming UK Lego store promotions:

tactical_grace fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 29, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

tactical_grace posted:

Upcoming UK Lego store promotions:

(Sorry I forgot to include the Christmas Tree Truck in the pic - it's a red 50s-looking pick-up with a tree in the back)

Same promos in the US according to the November calendar. Thought the Black Friday set was not revealed to be the Christmas Tree Truck.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

If I spent £100 would the awards stack so I could get all of them?

Is that offer in-store only, or?

tactical_grace
Oct 18, 2004

General Contact Unit
(Escarpment Class)

PriorMarcus posted:

If I spent £100 would the awards stack so I could get all of them?

Is that offer in-store only, or?

The Nov-Dec pick-a-brick offer is in-store only, but the Brick Friday/Cyber Monday offer is online and in-store. It's not obvious whether the awards stack or not.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
That medieval village (10193 I think) is tempting me. Is the box large?

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.
Has anyone picked up the bagged TMNT set at Target?

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Red posted:

Has anyone picked up the bagged TMNT set at Target?

Didn't even know there was one!

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

The Rage posted:

Didn't even know there was one!

I bought it a few days ago, because I figured it'd be gone just like that. I haven't seen them before or since, but I also haven't opened it yet.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Ahh gotta get that minifig!

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Ka0 posted:

That medieval village (10193 I think) is tempting me. Is the box large?

MMV is VERY big. Its one of the best sets Lego's ever done too. I can't compare the box to something like the huge Star Destroyer but it's definitely one of the biggest boxes in my collection.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Well I got the Fierce Flyer to get a better roc for Gandalf and then realized you can build a giant squirrel out of it as well. So I guess I have to buy another one.

Edit: I guess it's a beaver? Also I got the Galaxy Squad Eradicator mech for Halloween and it is pretty badass. I haven't gotten many no licensed theme things since getting back into Lego and it is cool to see how much the designs have evolved, especially the weapons.

Dogen fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Nov 1, 2013

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yj4GeCk5SBk

Hmmmmmmm.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

The animation in this is brilliant, I think they way they have made the bricks appear worn with scuffs on them etc is wonderful and really sets it apart from other CGI movies I have seen. I am also loving Will Arnett as Batman. This looks like it could be a fun movie, I wish I had children so I wouldn't look like a creeper going to see it at the cinema. I don't think theres any chance I could convince my partner to come with me.

It must be a given they will be making sets to go alongside this right ? Are there any pics anywhere ?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The spaceman had a broken chin strap! That looks incredibly funny, and has some real comedic voice talent behind it. I'm really excited :3:

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side
I think there's a leaked listing of 14(?) sets. The only one I've seen an image of is the female character's hotrod bike thing that you can see in the trailer, possibly with some kind of cop car. One of the sets in the listing is Metalbeard. I don't think you see him in the main trailer but there is a "Meet Metalbeard" short on youtube. He's a giant pirate mech with some kind of shark launcher on his arm.

I agree with you with regards to the aesthetic of the movie. It goes beyond scuffed bricks to the entire environment. What I love is that everything is brick-biult, but not all perfectly slick polished models from hardcore AFOLs, the vehicles look like the clunky cobbled together stuff kids would build. A lot of it looks kind of lovely, but lovely in a glorious nostalgic this-is-how-lego-should-be-played with kind of way.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The_Doctor posted:

The spaceman had a broken chin strap! That looks incredibly funny, and has some real comedic voice talent behind it. I'm really excited :3:

But as discussed previously, the wear pattern on his logo is all wrong. :spergin:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Explosions made out of bricks! :allears:

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

What is the new promotion for Nov? I don't see it listed on the website. A quick Google search says it's the Christmas truck, but I don't see that in my cart?

dangittj
Jan 25, 2006

The Force is strong with this one

mitochondritom posted:

The animation in this is brilliant, I think they way they have made the bricks appear worn with scuffs on them etc is wonderful and really sets it apart from other CGI movies I have seen. I am also loving Will Arnett as Batman. This looks like it could be a fun movie, I wish I had children so I wouldn't look like a creeper going to see it at the cinema. I don't think theres any chance I could convince my partner to come with me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fZ_JOBCLF-I

This trailer is better, it shows off Will Arnett as Batman at the beginning.

"Can you just do the line?"
"I'M BATMAN"
"No, the other line"

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Batman pacing in a circle going "fine fine fine fine FINE" is just great. All of that is so good.

Rathina
Jan 8, 2001

obi_ant posted:

What is the new promotion for Nov? I don't see it listed on the website. A quick Google search says it's the Christmas truck, but I don't see that in my cart?

I think that's only for black friday weekend

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

obi_ant posted:

My November calendar doesn't show any online promo for November except the Black Friday weekend set(presumably the Christmas truck). Only other promo mentioned is the in store pick-a-brick box with $75 purchase.

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I guess they figure people will buy in November anyways? Because the October promotions were much better, unless that truck is really awesome.

ltr
Oct 29, 2004

smackfu posted:

I guess they figure people will buy in November anyways? Because the October promotions were much better, unless that truck is really awesome.

I'm glad I went with the double points promo for buying Christmas presents over the promo for November.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
I... I like all of them... except the cop I guess, but even then I think this might be the first series I want a complete set of.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Is that real? Only place I could find it was on the Thai lego club site. At least half of those are from the lego movie.

Edit: I mean that would be smart of them to tie it in with a new series. Also crazy-hair business man is fantastic.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT

ChesterJT posted:

Is that real? Only place I could find it was on the Thai lego club site. At least half of those are from the lego movie.

Edit: I mean that would be smart of them to tie it in with a new series. Also crazy-hair business man is fantastic.

It's what everyone seems to be posting:

http://www.fbtb.net/2013/11/01/the-lego-movie-cmf-series-12-cloud-cuckoo-palace-set-revealed/
http://www.thebrickfan.com/lego-movie-collectible-minifigures-series-12-cloud-cuckoo-palace-set-revealed/

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Gravy Jones posted:

I think there's a leaked listing of 14(?) sets. The only one I've seen an image of is the female character's hotrod bike thing that you can see in the trailer, possibly with some kind of cop car. One of the sets in the listing is Metalbeard. I don't think you see him in the main trailer but there is a "Meet Metalbeard" short on youtube. He's a giant pirate mech with some kind of shark launcher on his arm.

I agree with you with regards to the aesthetic of the movie. It goes beyond scuffed bricks to the entire environment. What I love is that everything is brick-biult, but not all perfectly slick polished models from hardcore AFOLs, the vehicles look like the clunky cobbled together stuff kids would build. A lot of it looks kind of lovely, but lovely in a glorious nostalgic this-is-how-lego-should-be-played with kind of way.

I thought of you today cause WalMart has the LoTR Weathertop set on clearance for $40.

Can you post that list of the sets from the movie?

Hispanic! At The Disco
Dec 25, 2011

InfinEight posted:

I... I like all of them... except the cop I guess, but even then I think this might be the first series I want a complete set of.

Party guy at bottom left appears to have taken his pants off.

Digital War
May 28, 2006

Ahhh, poetry.
It's a fake image, but the lineup may well be real (a repeat of the London Olympics minifigs).

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
I so badly want a Lincoln minifig now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I bought the new Winter Village and BttF sets yesterday at Orlando but they'd run out of the promo Xmas tree stand. :(

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Dat snail! :Squeee:

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

Worriz' combat lair at 50% today. I could not pass that up. The store chick was also kind enough to feel a bunch of minifig bags for me and now I finally have a keystone cop, librarian and scientist girl.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Saw this on slickdeals, Alien Mothership for $30 with free shipping from B&N. I already have it but at that price I might pick up a second.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/p/toys-games-lego-alien-mothership-7065/25238026?cm_mmc=AFFILIATES-_-Linkshare-_-lw9MynSeamY-_-10:1&r=1

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Was there a thread or something were we could do mini figure trading? Cause I need myself the Tiki Warrior from Series 11. I've done a pretty good job of feeling the bags though, for some reason I have an extra Elf.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

A unicorn kitty cat! :3:

jeeves
May 27, 2001

Deranged Psychopathic
Butler Extraordinaire
In the other movie set that has been posted, it looks like the villain's evil contraption is forcing crazy glue on pieces.

Dis is going to be a good movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I wish Lego would do more half-width modulars like the two that are included in Pet Shop. They could sell them for $75 or so and try some more interesting concepts.