Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

eating only apples posted:

From my local shop, of course. I think this is my favourite tattoo ever.

Put this on facebook saying it is my wife's new tattoo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME MONSTROSITY
Jun 1, 2012

by XyloJW

Light Gun Man posted:

Maybe feet are just gross to begin with.

Feet are neat. :)

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

eating only apples posted:

From my local shop, of course. I think this is my favourite tattoo ever.

This is the best thing ever.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Wish I could have gotten a pic of my target cashier's tattoo. Color saturation was beautiful, well done. Then she lifted her sleeve to show a woman in a corset that looked like it was drawn by Michael J Fox in MS paint with a wonky mouse.

Dogbrisket
Jun 10, 2009

omnibobb posted:

Put this on facebook saying it is my wife's new tattoo.

Please post the responses.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Dogbrisket posted:

Please post the responses.

It got like 7 likes and her mom going "REALLY BETH REALLY?"

I thought it would be pretty good because my wife isn't a nerd at all and would never in a million years get something like that but people seemed to enjoy it I guess? Maybe I have friends with lovely tattoos?

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.

omnibobb posted:

It got like 7 likes and her mom going "REALLY BETH REALLY?"

I thought it would be pretty good because my wife isn't a nerd at all and would never in a million years get something like that but people seemed to enjoy it I guess? Maybe I have friends with lovely tattoos?

Haha your wife's mom is awesome. As for the response, either people are too nice to say anything or, more likely, people don't understand what a good tattoo is supposed to look like. I know if I'd gotten more tattoos after I got my first one, they'd have probably ended up here (not anything way out there like tentacle rape or anime characters, but more cliche stuff like Chinese characters and such, and probably not very well done either).

I have my first laser removal appointment next week and I'm pretty stoked. This thread has made me realize a few things--what separates the good from the mediocre, and what separates the mediocre from the truly awful. I've wanted to remove mine for years, and after reading every page of this thread, I'm starting to think that maybe tattoos are better left to people who have good enough taste to pick out a beautiful one they'll love forever. I like tattoos and all, but I don't have the artistic eye or the interest to get the really good ones. What I have on me now isn't terrible, but it's not good enough to leave on my body for the rest of my life. I feel like most people who get the not-awful-but-not-particularly-great ones were like me, didn't think too much about it and just got excited over something cute/pretty/badass without wanting to shell out the appropriately big bucks for the design.

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
Friend of a friend on Facebook. I didn't any more tattoo pictures on his profile though.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Dead Blue Sky posted:

Friend of a friend on Facebook. I didn't any more tattoo pictures on his profile though.

That cat has herpes (I'm hoping that's just fresh-tattoo rawness)

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Dead Blue Sky posted:

Ugh, that background makes the whole cat look like a giant sore on that guy's back

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

twoday posted:

Ugh, that background makes the whole cat look like a giant sore on that guy's back

It's still raw.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

HatfulOfHollow posted:

It's still raw.

Tasteless Tattoos: cook cat before tattooing.

Content:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Derek of the Andes
Dec 10, 2009

Who's Mama?

gently caress Nose.

Rickycat
Nov 26, 2007

by Lowtax
It's looks like an 8 year old's drawing of Peggy Hill.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"

Ugh.

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Wait it's upside down but you also have to hold your hands like you're doing a chinup to show it off? Or is that on 2 people.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

fullroundaction posted:

Wait it's upside down but you also have to hold your hands like you're doing a chinup to show it off? Or is that on 2 people.

Either two people or someone with backwards hands.

pageerror404
Feb 14, 2012

I finally killed them.

Gyges posted:

Either two people or someone with backwards hands.

Hold your hands straight up above your head and put them together so your thumbs are touching.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK

pageerror404 posted:

Hold your hands straight up above your head and put them together so your thumbs are touching.

Who has ever done that to show off their awesome wrist tattoos?

gently caress, now I really want that to be the truth.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Rickycat posted:

It's looks like an 8 year old's drawing of Peggy Hill.

Looks more like Peggy Hill had a run in with Leather Face on her way to get new shoes.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Toss and Beyond.

Assoonasitits
Dec 11, 2007

I guess frogout is too polite to simply say "begone".

Gyges posted:

Who has ever done that to show off their awesome wrist tattoos?

gently caress, now I really want that to be the truth.

Well, I don't know about you, but when Freakazoid pretends he's flying he puts his hands above his head with this thumbs together. Given that the reference is to a character who utters that catchphrase when preparing to fly, it makes perfect sense. But is still stupid and horrible.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry
Ah, imgur... the gift that keeps on giving... :stonk:

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Aerdan posted:

Jesus is so shocked. "How did I get here!"

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

The Ape of Naples posted:

Jesus is so shocked. "How did I get here!"

actually, i think Hitler's the one who looks shocked- and based on that little Jesus smirk, you can guess where his hand is...

Patchouli Patrol
Nov 11, 2007

Is that a self-portrait on his right arm?

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
It looks like that or Nosferatu.

I'm kinda curious what's on his other arm. Maybe it will help figure out the theme that links Hitler, Jesus and Nosferatu.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Aerdan posted:

You've shaved your entire body; would it kill you to nick the unibrow, too? Literally worse than a Hitler tattoo :argh:

Maggie Fletcher
Jul 19, 2009
Getting brunch is more important to me than other peoples lives.
Ah, yes, white supremacy. The superior genetics that allows your face to rotate twenty degrees while your head stays completely still.

Laocius
Jul 6, 2013

He put Hitler on his left peck and a Jewish guy on his right.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Marenghi posted:

It looks like that or Nosferatu.

I'm kinda curious what's on his other arm. Maybe it will help figure out the theme that links Hitler, Jesus and Nosferatu.

It seems he has a skull with red eyes and chains.

Seventh Arrow
Jan 26, 2005

Laocius posted:

He put Hitler on his left peck and a Jewish guy on his right.

Maybe he's expecting them to fight...you know, like when you put ants in a jar and shake it.

zbeezy
Jan 3, 2007

I think the thing on the left is supposed to be an arm?

He said he based it off a suicide girl, but that after it was finished she didn't look at all like the girl.

the makeup is horrid. 80s blush and eyeshadow anyone?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

zbeezy posted:

I think the thing on the left is supposed to be an arm?

He said he based it off a suicide girl, but that after it was finished she didn't look at all like the girl.

the makeup is horrid. 80s blush and eyeshadow anyone?

Decomposition ruins everything.

Laocius
Jul 6, 2013

zbeezy posted:

He got a tattoo of his favorite pinup model? Am I wrong for thinking that's kinda stalker-y?

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Laocius posted:

He got a tattoo of his favorite pinup model? Am I wrong for thinking that's kinda stalker-y?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsqSUsPVww0

(FiveSecondFilms short)

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Dead Blue Sky posted:

I want to know who Heather is on his neck. And why she didn't deserve a full picture like he dearly beloved Sugar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

fullroundaction posted:

How is that upside down?

• Locked thread