Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mikeycp
Nov 24, 2010

I've changed a lot since I started hanging with Sonic, but I can't depend on him forever. I know I can do this by myself! Okay, Eggman! Bring it on!
Is there anywhere to actually watch G anymore? I've only ever been able to find broken links.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

mikeycp posted:

Is there anywhere to actually watch G anymore? I've only ever been able to find broken links.

Takenoko-tachi's version is still on their torrent tracker. MegaAnon's is on KRDL I think but that's down at the moment.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Oh god I admit I totally forgot about G. That thing's great. I agree, Rising Ultimate Tier.

Best KR one-shot? Best KR one-shot.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

toomanyninjas posted:

I've heard good things about Maskman, so I'm giving it a try. The first two episodes felt kind of bland, though. How does it get later on?

While I really liked Jetman, I'm not much on pre-Zyu sentai because I like the sixth ranger dynamic. I know Maskman has that one-off-kinda-6th green ranger, so that's what got me thinking about watching it, but I know he's one and done.

Maskman gets a little better as it goes but Pre-Zyu Sentai has a distinct taste to it you have to get used to. Maskman is really solid from most all opinions so I'd say it's definitely worth sticking with. If Maskman isn't doing it for you you may want to try Flashman or Changeman instead to get into the 80's sentai spirit.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I watched Kamen Rider Wizard up to episode 42. I don't think I can go through another 10 episodes of this, when there are better things to watch. Could someone summarize what happens in the final ten episodes? I tried reading what was on Wikipedia, but I found the summaries are more confusing than helpful.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Daler Mehndi posted:

I watched Kamen Rider Wizard up to episode 42. I don't think I can go through another 10 episodes of this, when there are better things to watch. Could someone summarize what happens in the final ten episodes? I tried reading what was on Wikipedia, but I found the summaries are more confusing than helpful.

I find it preferable to make the endings up. It's really not worth it.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Beast defeated the big boss and stopped his evil plan, saving the entire city.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

Potsticker posted:

Beast defeated the big boss and stopped his evil plan, saving the entire city.

Wizard died on the way back to his planet

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica

Daler Mehndi posted:

Could someone summarize what happens in the final ten episodes?

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I strongly suspect that these answers were all infinitely more entertaining than the actual ending.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Why would you think I was making that up? :saddowns:

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!
I'm sorry, I didn't meant to doubt you. :ohdear: It doubtlessly involved Beast using the power of mayonnaise. Yes.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

He does it in a very heroic fashion, giving up his own powers in the process. ( but keeping up the potential for them to return for future movie appearances. )

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
It's true! Beast was totally awesome and badass and stuff.

The rest of the last 10 episodes are... uh, well, things start actually happening, so that's something, I guess... but those things are all more of a damp firecracker than an explosion of excitement.

And the last two episodes are weird and Decade-y and can easily be skipped.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Correction: Tsukasa shows up for the last two episodes and should not be skipped. :swoon:

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
Starbound is a game in development that supports abc notation music and is structured in a way that is easy to add new content. A quick google search for a midi to convert to abc format and some mucking around with sprite-sheets resulted in this bit of toku goofiness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sriqsoIkDo

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!

Zero_Tactility posted:

Starbound is a game in development that supports abc notation music and is structured in a way that is easy to add new content. A quick google search for a midi to convert to abc format and some mucking around with sprite-sheets resulted in this bit of toku goofiness: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sriqsoIkDo

That's awesome. I need to convert the Dairanger and W themes for my planet-hopping Apex.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
So um...magazine scans have some Kyoryuger spoilers.

Shits getting kind of crazy soon

http://i.imgur.com/UiiHdZL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rq0sxEW.jpg

Um so...Deboss gets a humanoid form, Candelina and Aigron get replaced, Dogold's dogone, Luckerio is just missing, and Endorph is back.

Oh and King's Dad steals/gets Kyoryu Silver and joins the villains.

Holy poo poo. Things don't bode well at all.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
My guess is that King's dad isn't actually changing sides or betraying anyone, just infiltrating/going undercover

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Oh my god. This series could now jump to being top 3.

So as we all feared I guess Endorph breaks out of Dogold's body through gathering hate or whatever, They kill Candelira and Aigron and gather their emotions so Chaos can fully give Deboss his body, Luckerio sees this and runs, and King's dad is testing him or something because "If you can't beat me you don't stand a chance against Deboss".

Edit:Wait the green guy is prolly Deboss and Chaos facilitates his return and he absorbs some of Lucky, Dogold, Arigon, and Candelira. Maybe they took control of Torin again and poo poo happened. And the two new guys are the transformed Arigron and Candelira.

RBX fucked around with this message at 11:32 on Dec 20, 2013

Perigryn
Oct 22, 2010

TaJaaaaadoruuuuu
Well, this is certainly the best season. :allears:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

RBX posted:

Oh my god. This series could now jump to being top 3.

So as we all feared I guess Endorph breaks out of Dogold's body through gathering hate or whatever, They kill Candelira and Aigron and gather their emotions so Chaos can fully give Deboss his body, Luckerio sees this and runs, and King's dad is testing him or something because "If you can't beat me you don't stand a chance against Deboss".

Edit:Wait the green guy is prolly Deboss and Chaos facilitates his return and he absorbs some of Lucky, Dogold, Arigon, and Candelira. Maybe they took control of Torin again and poo poo happened. And the two new guys are the transformed Arigron and Candelira.

Nah, those certainly have to be replacements. NotCandelina is decidedly more masculine than Candelina. and has a whole different design motif.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

I think they look way too alike for it to be coincidence. He absorbs their essence and transforms/upgrades them into mindless monsters. It fits into their whole motif too well. Plus the whole foreshadowing with Arigon all season and the weird scenes with Chaos and all of them at different points.

Also movie spoilers: http://i.imgur.com/IGjvWQE.jpg

That CG.

RBX fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Dec 20, 2013

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

RBX posted:

I think they look way too alike for it to be coincidence. He absorbs their essence and transforms/upgrades them into mindless monsters. It fits into their whole motif too well. Plus the whole foreshadowing with Arigon all season and the weird scenes with Chaos and all of them at different points.

That CG.

Holy poo poo they're making the CG match the era and that's amazing!

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

So um...magazine scans have some Kyoryuger spoilers.

Shits getting kind of crazy soon

http://i.imgur.com/UiiHdZL.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/rq0sxEW.jpg

Um so...Deboss gets a humanoid form, Candelina and Aigron get replaced, Dogold's dogone, Luckerio is just missing, and Endorph is back.

Oh and King's Dad steals/gets Kyoryu Silver and joins the villains.

Holy poo poo. Things don't bode well at all.

I knew I'd be sad about Kyoryuger approaching its finale because it's been such a great ride but I'm going to be devastated if Luckerio and Candelira don't make it to the end of this show alive and happy.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Potsticker posted:

Correction: Tsukasa shows up for the last two episodes and should not be skipped. :swoon:

These were pretty much the only episodes of Wizard worth watching.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!

Brother Entropy posted:

I knew I'd be sad about Kyoryuger approaching its finale because it's been such a great ride but I'm going to be devastated if Luckerio and Candelira don't make it to the end of this show alive and happy.

Until I see otherwise I choose to believe Candelira leaves the Deboss to marry Nossan and they live happily ever after, dammit!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

toomanyninjas posted:

Until I see otherwise I choose to believe Candelira leaves the Deboss to marry Nossan and they live happily ever after, dammit!

It's fine...it's fine...She left the army and that's why she had to replace. It's surely not because Endorf murdered her and let Aigiron go crazy and explode again. And She and Nossan adopted Luckerio because the kid needs a decent home. Right? :negative:

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
There was also this floating around

http://i.imgur.com/fdXxaL4.jpg
I'm guessing Torin has to use Deathryuger after Daigo's dad takes Kyoryu Silver

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Dr Tran posted:

Also if you look closely you may notice that Cyan's costume has a skirt in that picture. Perhaps Yuko takes over for Ramirez at some point?

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

The robot isn't so bad, as long as you keep on cheating and forcing it to human proportions by turning it into a costume. The toy is still an abomination.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Dr Tran posted:

Okay Kyoryuger may actually top Jetman and Go-Busters if this keeps up.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Hopefully Torin gets Silver back, because that's sort of important to his character.

Maybe Daigo's dad turning evil has something to do with Dogold wanting his body, if he doesn't just get killed in the next episode.

Justin_Brett fucked around with this message at 22:46 on Dec 20, 2013

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I could see Torin using the DeathRyuger powers a as major plot/character development. From what little plot we got from Gaburincho of Music, we know that the Deathryuger powers came from Deboss. Torin is originally of Deboss as well, so conquering the inherent evil and turning Deathryuger into a 'proper' Kyoryu Navy would be pretty cool.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

RBX posted:

That CG.

I call bullshit on using Tategami LiOh's head because that thing doesn't have a handle. :colbert:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Dr Tran posted:

Holy poo poo Kyoryuger don't stop, go all the way. Become the Greatest Sentai in history. You're already the Strongest and the Bravest.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

AzraelNewtype posted:

The robot isn't so bad, as long as you keep on cheating and forcing it to human proportions by turning it into a costume. The toy is still an abomination.

Not a fan of the gigantic shoulders but yeah, see, this looks so much better. :colbert:

The helmet closeup showing that the lower section does have some detailing (with the Gokaiger-esque mouthplate) makes it a lot easier to look at, too.

HackerJoeGuy
Apr 18, 2007

jivjov posted:

I could see Torin using the DeathRyuger powers a as major plot/character development. From what little plot we got from Gaburincho of Music, we know that the Deathryuger powers came from Deboss. Torin is originally of Deboss as well, so conquering the inherent evil and turning Deathryuger into a 'proper' Kyoryu Navy would be pretty cool.

Don't forget Daigo received the purified Topaspino battery, which could make transforming into KyoryuNavy/Deathryuger a lot more practical than using the fake, Deboss batteries Chaos made. I also feel that the series is kinda pointing at Daigo to use the battery himself, though I don't know how they'd pull that off.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Larryb posted:

Also if you look closely you may notice that Cyan's costume has a skirt in that picture. Perhaps Yuko takes over for Ramirez at some point?

Wasn't that sort of implied a few episodes ago? That she's going to get the Cyan powers, and Tessai is going to pass his powers down to his descendant?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Well, I'm definitely gonna have to drop out of the Kyoryu spoiler game before we find out whether or not Daigo's Dad's betrayal is for real or not.

If it is, and they botch its execution, that would suck so bad, since Kyoryuger has been amazing so far and I would hate to see it fall apart at the endgame.

• Locked thread