Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Seriously why the gently caress would you do that? It's not even an attempt at discussion as much as just flat out saying it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Cherry blossom Rider landed in the spoiler.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Justin_Brett posted:

Seriously why the gently caress would you do that? It's not even an attempt at discussion as much as just flat out saying it.

Take a look at his post count, and while you have the profile window open to do that click the ignore button.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Okay, I completely forgot, and I delete episodes after I watch them, but what happened to Dogold? Aigaron didn't mention him so I'm assuming he's gone, but I don't remember how.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I just assumed that spoiler was about Dinosaurs since you know, Gaim has its own topic. But good to know I've been spoiled before it's even subbed :smith:

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Its funny how fast Kyrou came out this week and Gaim still isn't out.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

RBX posted:

Too much SUFFERING.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

Twelve by Pies posted:

Okay, I completely forgot, and I delete episodes after I watch them, but what happened to Dogold? Aigaron didn't mention him so I'm assuming he's gone, but I don't remember how.

That's actually a good question. He was around at the end of 44, sticking up for Luckiero but not dismissed or anything. They only replaced Happiness and Sadness, so he should still be around.

RBX posted:

Don't.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Its a joke.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

It's just been the other way around lately. I've always been impressed with how quickly Gaim subs hit. I don't start getting impatient for my toku until a week after airing.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Dogold's in the preview for next week's episode, guys. Don't worry, he's still around.

Boek
Aug 1, 2005

Fresh kid turned rotten
Cherry blossom petal landed in the lunch

Rotten Punk
Nov 11, 2009

power rangers are for children.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Boek posted:

Cherry blossom petal landed in the lunch

That's just more fiber, man.

Dexie posted:

Dogold's in the preview for next week's episode, guys. Don't worry, he's still around.

For now. Kind of hope he stops the downward dive into subservience and goes out fighting Endorf.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

For now. Kind of hope he stops the downward dive into subservience and goes out fighting Endorf.

Man imagine if Dogold and Utchy team up to take out Endorf and then have their final fight :allears:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Lessail posted:

Man imagine if Dogold and Utchy team up to take out Endorf and then have their final fight :allears:

And then they both die. You can't escape the Dino Sentai Curse.

Or maybe Torin has filled that void for Utchy.

Apollove
May 31, 2013
So what are everyone's thoughts on Ryuki?

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I think Ryuki is pretty kewl.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Apollove posted:

It's alright. Really really bad CGI, but some good characters and some amazing suit Design. The ending is kind of lackluster but they explain that in the Movie and the OVA/Special.

The second rider is literally Kamen Rider Batman, so there's that if you're interested.

Basically

Some Other Guy posted:

I think Ryuki is pretty kewl.

ZenMasterBullshit fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jan 21, 2014

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Ryuki is surprisingly Real Good and should Be Watched ASAP

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Apollove posted:

I'd recommend it, there's some good character interactions and music.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

The second rider is literally Kamen Rider Batman, so there's that if you're interested.

I believe you mean the main Rider is Literally Batman. Don't let the title of the show fool you.

Cliff Racer
Mar 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Apollove posted:

There's so many other things you can do instead of watch Ryuki, do some of those instead! I sure wish I did...

The plot spends seemingly forever wandering around doing not much in the middle, the main character's "no kill" values are incredibly annoying when he's surrounded by at best people who wouldn't mind seeing him dead and at worst a serial killer, the Mirror World gets very little creative use, etc.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Scroll to the bottom
http://kotaku.com/sad-keanu-becomes...dium=Socialflow

Apollove
May 31, 2013

Ahahahaha oh god that fits them so much.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Speaking of toys...

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Speaking of toys...

BEHOLD BANDAI OF AMERICA! Making things more muscular, fatter, and uglier since forever.

I'm still baffled as to why they remodel toys when they have the Japanese versions just right there.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
I can't loving wait to see what they do to Ace next year.

Seriously, I just may have bought the hell out of a SuperDX Ace that was as big as the Go-Buster King toy.

SpiderHyphenMan fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Jan 24, 2014

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Bandai must really think US kids are idiots. I'd be kissed if I was a kid with these dumb toys. I want the one from the show mom!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

I can't loving wait to see what they do to Ace next year.

Seriously, I just may have bought the hell out of a SuperDX Ace that was as big as the Go-Buster King toy.

I would have totally buy a few of the Gokaiger Mechs (Mostly the Final one and the accompanying Engine Spirit) if they were up to snuff.

But this all looks like garbage.

Oh well, guess I'll just have to wait and spend too much cash to get one. It was so cheesy it was amazing. "When Engine Souls and Pirate Hearts combine, the revving of the engine heralds the coming of the King of Heroes."

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

BEHOLD BANDAI OF AMERICA! Making things more muscular, fatter, and uglier since forever.

I'm still baffled as to why they remodel toys when they have the Japanese versions just right there.

Because American parents don't want to spend $80-100 on just the base Megazord figure these days. And a complete set, with all the auxiliary mecha, you'd be looking somewhere in the range of about $400 when all is said and done.

The thing is, yeah, the kids know these things don't look like they do in the show, but the whole ZordBuilder System that Bandai introduced with the 2010 MMPR Megazord and has kept going since then is insanely popular, since this release will make 4 different teams and their mecha that are all interchangeable with each other.

I'd love to be able to wait and get JP molds here in the US and save on the shipping, but considering the collector's edition import of ShinkenOh has been somewhat of a shelf-warmer, I'd guess that if Gosei Great does the same thing, we'll see the end of Bandai trying to bring them over. Not to mention, they don't bring over the aux. mecha anyway, so you are still faced with importing 2/3rd of the stuff to get a complete set anyway.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

At least they got the Legacy Megazord mostly right.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

"Why should our bottom line be affected by a bunch of grown ups when kids are perfectly stupid enough?"

EDIT: Also, charging 80 bucks for the "Japanese Edition" Of ShinkenOh was straight price gouging. That thing was buy one get one half off the day it came out. I got one for forty bucks with a legacy megazord.

EDIT2: And half the stuff coming out are TRU exclusives, right? That's 80% of your problem right there.

SpazmasterX fucked around with this message at 09:08 on Jan 24, 2014

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

OZC posted:

The thing is, yeah, the kids know these things don't look like they do in the show, but the whole ZordBuilder System that Bandai introduced with the 2010 MMPR Megazord and has kept going since then is insanely popular, since this release will make 4 different teams and their mecha that are all interchangeable with each other.

http://instagram.com/p/iTarDBt4o-/

OZC
Jan 28, 2008

My god, that's impressive yet hideous.

Saint Twisty
Mar 12, 2012

Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart.
Am I allowed to talk about the laatest Gaim episode yet?!

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

Talented Twisty posted:

Yes, over in the Gaim thread.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Talented Twisty posted:

Now that it's actually out sure, man. How about Hase being killed? That poo poo was down right tragic.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Jan 25, 2014

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

We're having a nice discussion on 4chan right now about where gaim is gonna go if anybody wants to speculate I can post it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMmvvSSSgI8&t=16s

Hair

• Locked thread