Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010
Has there been any new updates on new/in process translation jobs. I want to hit up past shows but not with TV Nihon. I'll do it if I have to but if there are better translations out there, I want to know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Why even have the morpher talk if you're not going to play the sound clips in the show?
And how are you so lazy you can't even edit out the "GAO!"?

They swapped Megaforce Red for Overdrive Red and added some graffics for Jungle Fury Red, but couldn't bother to get rid of the GAO

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Dante Logos posted:

Has there been any new updates on new/in process translation jobs. I want to hit up past shows but not with TV Nihon. I'll do it if I have to but if there are better translations out there, I want to know.

Let me see if I can remember all the ones I'm following:

Bioman is still trucking along at GUIS, though that seems to have slowed to about once a month. Kakuranger seems to have stopped dead in its tracks when SgtKira from Hikari-Senshi disappeared. Fiveman is also in progress but hasn't been updated in a long time. The first half of Liveman V2's have gone up too.

MegaBeast Empirehas a number of projects going on. Battle Fever J is up to episode 5, Juspion at 13, and has started Ultraman Dyna with Hi-no-tori. I've heard bad things about hi-no-tori and I haven't watched any of these subs yet, so I can't vouch for their quality.

MillionFold Curiosity has almost finished Megaranger, has 3 eps of Decade and will hopefully start releasing that soon, as well as the last part of Goseiger.

NDAsubs has about 7 episodes of Blade done now. The translation seems to be good but there are some QC issues I've noticed with the script.

Onore Subs streamed four episodes of their Den-O project but has not released anything as of yet.

KitSubs just released episode 41 of the original Kamen Rider.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Dr Tran posted:

They swapped Megaforce Red for Overdrive Red and added some graffics for Jungle Fury Red, but couldn't bother to get rid of the GAO
I like how every other ranger is super bright and flashy, but Overdrive Red's is like a weird full body shape change effect that looks more suited to a Rider or even a Metal Hero.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

I like how every other ranger is super bright and flashy, but Overdrive Red's is like a weird full body shape change effect that looks more suited to a Rider or even a Metal Hero.

What, you figured they'd actually take the time to match their in-house effects to the Toei stuff?
gently caress that, they need that time to insert more explosions!

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

404GoonNotFound posted:

What, you figured they'd actually take the time to match their in-house effects to the Toei stuff?
gently caress that, they need that time to insert more explosions!

I haven't seen the newest ones, but I hope they can at least hide them better than Toei does.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

I am going to start dressing like Hino Eiji. Where is the best place to shop for obnoxious ponchos?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hbomberguy posted:

I am going to start dressing like Hino Eiji. Where is the best place to shop for obnoxious ponchos?

Just walk around in your underwear.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Miss Dream is the superior source for Sailor Moon subs, right? I downloaded TVN first before checking the OP of this thread and finding them. Wasn't too impressed with the video quality of the TVN stuff, Dream's definitely looks better, but I wanted to make sure.

Apollove
May 31, 2013

Hbomberguy posted:

Why dress like Eiji when you can dress like Ankh.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Apollove posted:

Why dress like Eiji when you can dress like Ankh.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Some Numbers posted:

Can't have any dead air. The kids will stop paying attention the instant someone isn't saying something.

That's how the real world works, right?

But couldn't they at least have them say the team names? Like, "Wild Force Red!" or "Samurai Red!" That would be talking AND it would be relevant to what's actually happening! Yeah yeah I know wishful thinking.

I've said before but I got into toku a few years back when I was watching old MMPR episodes on Youtube and saw a Zyuranger video up. The upload had TV-Nihon's name on it, so I searched them out and realized that they only had like 10 episodes of Zyuranger and instead decided to go with the Sentai that was currently airing at the time, which was Go-Onger. I think I came in around episode 2 or 3 of that and immediately loved it. I didn't bother watching Rider at the time, and it was only about halfway through Go-Onger that I decided that I'd start watching whatever the earliest Rider series they had was (which at the time was Faiz). So I started with Faiz and slowly started working my way up, and started watching Decade while it was airing even though I had only made it up to the end of Kabuto at that point.

And I've been following Rider and Sentai pretty religiously ever since. Also really enjoyed Tomica Hero Rescue Force/Fire. Wish they'd kept those going.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I started around the time Power Rangers SPD was airing. I don't even remember why, I think I just read on Wikipedia that Power Rangers was based on a Japanese show and got interested in what that show could be. Searching on Youtube, I found Dekaranger (TVN subs), and man did I enjoy it, so I stuck with it (though almost left thanks to Go-Onger, thank god Shinkenger came after that).

Then I got into Rider years later, starting with Kiva (on-going) and Den-O (complete). I wanted to watch Ryuki because the card motif looked interesting, and now I did, and I continue despite Wizard.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Spoilers concerning two events in this week's Kyoryuger: It's good to know that the curse of dinosaur based sixth rangers lives on. I'd say something like 'rest in peace, Utchy', but I have no doubt he'll be back next week as a spirit ranger.

Also, TWO Kyoryu Violets at once? Didn't see that coming at all!

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

That was a pretty loving spectacular episode. I'm sad it's going to be over. Excited for trains, but sad about dinosaurs.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

For some reason I expected this week to be the last episode, so I was a little surprised when it ended! I don't even want to spoil in spoilertext because it's just that good, but everything involving Dogold this episode was amazing.

Apollove
May 31, 2013
Rewatching OOO for the heck of it. I forgot how amazing Cakeboss is. :allears:

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!
This week I finished consuming every W-related piece of video there is and I'm looking for some Rider recommendations. I've been watching OOO on and off for a while and though I enjoy it, I can't really bring myself to binge through it like I did with W. I watched the first episode of Decade and felt kind of meh about it and I'm thinking about trying Kiva. Thoughts?

I know people talk about V3 and Amazon as good, but I think for the time being I've burned myself out on Showa-era stuff after watching lots of Battle Fever, Denjiman and Gavan/other space sheriffs. I could, however, be convinced to try Black or Black RX if enough people are positive about them.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

toomanyninjas posted:

This week I finished consuming every W-related piece of video there is and I'm looking for some Rider recommendations. I've been watching OOO on and off for a while and though I enjoy it, I can't really bring myself to binge through it like I did with W. I watched the first episode of Decade and felt kind of meh about it and I'm thinking about trying Kiva. Thoughts?

I know people talk about V3 and Amazon as good, but I think for the time being I've burned myself out on Showa-era stuff after watching lots of Battle Fever, Denjiman and Gavan/other space sheriffs. I could, however, be convinced to try Black or Black RX if enough people are positive about them.

Kiva has a bad rep but some people have liked it and it's far from the worst Kamen Rider. If you're hard up for stuff to watch it can't hurt to give it a shot.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

Son Ryo posted:

Kiva has a bad rep but some people have liked it and it's far from the worst Kamen Rider.

Keeeeeeeeeeeep telling yourself this.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Black owns, and now there are softsubs to use with Bunny Hat's raws, so it doesn't look awful.

Son Ryo
Jun 13, 2007
Excuse me, do you know where Saiyans hang out?

Rei_ posted:

Keeeeeeeeeeeep telling yourself this.

Well it's nowhere near as bad as Ryuki, for one.

jonjonaug
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

toomanyninjas posted:

Black is super kickass and you should watch it.

Apollove
May 31, 2013

Son Ryo posted:

Well it's nowhere near as bad as Ryuki, for one.

I think you mean nowhere near as bad as Wizard or Faiz thank you very much :colbert:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

Apollove posted:

I think you mean nowhere near as bad as Wizard or Faiz thank you very much :colbert:

:argh:

Actually, I haven't watched Kiva yet so I can't really make a value judgement on it. Some of the clips I've seen make it look pretty good, but I'm sure you could cherry-pick Wizard scenes and make it seem really cool.

melodicwaffle
Oct 9, 2012

Call or fold?

The beginning of Kiva is actually hilarious* and super rad but I have been reassured many times by friends that I will feel very differently by the end. It's definitely worth starting, at the very least, even if you decide to drop it partway through.

*whether it's hilarious because it was intended or not varies from scene to scene

Rei_
May 16, 2004

I enjoyed Faiz and Ryuki but my standards were sure as hell a lot lower back then.

Also Faiz is a lot better if you throw everyone who mentions the ancillary novels into a dumpster

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

AzraelNewtype posted:

Black owns, and now there are softsubs to use with Bunny Hat's raws, so it doesn't look awful.

How do I use these again? Same folder?

I've been trying to watch Kuuga and its ok but kinda boring although I am intrigued by the plot and I like how he's learning. I'm about 10 eps in.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Wizard sucks? That's disappointing, because that's one of the few transformations and style I enjoy from clips.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

toomanyninjas posted:

BLack is fantastic, so give it a shot. Just be warned, due to some nasty behind the scenes troubles, they quickly throw the plot out the window after episode 2, and it doesn't really get going again until episode 16.

Apollove
May 31, 2013

Tae posted:

Wizard sucks? That's disappointing, because that's one of the few transformations and style I enjoy from clips.

Like every show it does have its merits, like the interesting concept, the awesome secondary rider, and other miscellaneous things. I say give it a shot up till the second rider makes their appearance. If you find you can't stomach the show until that point you'll know why other people dislike it. On the other-hand even some things most people find abhorrent have a fanbase so who knows.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

TokkyuOh rides the rails. I am so on board.

Thank goodness Utchy is in next week's preview

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!

Dr Tran posted:

Thank goodness Utchy is in next week's preview

He can't be dead! He has to have a kid so his descendant can be in the V-Cinema! I want there to be a post battle vignette of him adapting to the modern world and having to get an apartment or something

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Usually the ending of most Sentai is.....anti climatic, the last battles are ok but not epic as you would think.

But these finals few eps of Kyoryuger have been loving awesome.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

toomanyninjas posted:

He can't be dead! He has to have a kid so his descendant can be in the V-Cinema! I want there to be a post battle vignette of him adapting to the modern world and having to get an apartment or something

They need an Ami x King ending for the V-Cinema to be canon. What I'm saying is that poo poo ain't canon :colbert:

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

They need an Ami x King ending for the V-Cinema to be canon. What I'm saying is that poo poo ain't canon :colbert:

Ugh. Amy x King is one of the worst parts of Kyoryuger. Mainly because it crushes my hopes of Amy x Souji! :saddowns:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Potsticker posted:

Ugh. Amy x King is one of the worst parts of Kyoryuger. Mainly because it crushes my hopes of Amy x Souji! :saddowns:
But there was an entire two episodes revolving around her not being attracted to him at all and she just saw King as a work relationship like anyone else on the team.

e: yeah wait I haven't seen the last couple episodes nevermind.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Feb 3, 2014

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Potsticker posted:

I definitely agree with it being one of the worst parts of the show. It feels like it came out of absolutely nowhere last episode, and it means poor Yayoi is going to have all of her dreams crushed. Amy, you traitorous bitch! :argh:

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Potsticker posted:

The only thing that matters is that Candelira ends up with Nossan. If this fails to happen literally everything about Kyoryguer was for nothing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

The only thing that matters is that Candelira ends up with Nossan. If this fails to happen literally everything about Kyoryguer was for nothing.

This is the honest truth right here.

• Locked thread