Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

I killed Chin the Conqueror.
The most amazing thing that King has ever done is convince all of you he isn't poly as gently caress.

E: well that certainly is the top of this page. :blush:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

It's like Carnival. He gets one for each arm.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!
When King and Amy go on their honeymoon, this is where they'll stay:

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

So I've been watching the 40 x 35 Live Concert event thingy on YouTube, and man is it a lot of fun. Notably though, it made me google Momotaros' VA and find out he's the Japanese dub actor for David Tennant's Doctor. That's gotta be something special.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

So I've been watching the 40 x 35 Live Concert event thingy on YouTube, and man is it a lot of fun. Notably though, it made me google Momotaros' VA and find out he's the Japanese dub actor for David Tennant's Doctor. That's gotta be something special.

Here's the first bit of Doomsday dubbed in Japanese for reference. The Dalek's trademark phase isn't quite as intimidating when I don't even know what their saying. Then again, [Genesis Ark] being pronounced in English seems anime as gently caress.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Lessail posted:

Man imagine if Dogold and Utchy team up to take out Endorf and then have their final fight :allears:

It was not quite how I envisioned it, but that'll do Kyoryugers. That'll do. :allears:

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

We're all lucky to have had Dogold in this show.

Needs More Jazz
Nov 4, 2009
Kyoryuger Staff Member: "Hey guys. Crazy idea. What if we made the entire episode the helmetless roll call?"

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I was pleased that they tweaked the costumes for the new Cyan and Grey. They have the bright yellow chest band befitting their not-dead status. Also, Tessai's actor is really good. I really bought him as both consummate badass Tessai and mild-mannered but eager descendant-dude.

TheGreenAvenger
Jun 23, 2005

I killed Chin the Conqueror.

Lessail posted:

It was not quite how I envisioned it, but that'll do Kyoryugers. That'll do. :allears:

Sounds pretty spot-on in the post, though! It was great, wasn't it. :3:

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Utchy why? :(

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

jivjov posted:

I was pleased that they tweaked the costumes for the new Cyan and Grey. They have the bright yellow chest band befitting their not-dead status. Also, Tessai's actor is really good. I really bought him as both consummate badass Tessai and mild-mannered but eager descendant-dude.

Yuko cleaning up house with the Gaburevolver really shows her past as DekaYellow based on how she held it. Also, it's a small but nice touch that both Ossan and his sister are blue. Finally, I want to see Aigaron and Dogold show up in the Darkness of the Land and team up with the others down there to keep busting poo poo up

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Lines like "What leads you to constantly believe in such implausible miracles?" is what elevates Kyryuger from a very good Sentai to a great Sentai.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Lines like "What leads you to constantly believe in such implausible miracles?" is what elevates Kyryuger from a very good Sentai to a great Sentai.

And characters like Aigiron and Dogold push it to a Pahfekt Sentai.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

46 spoilers, just in case: Oh man, Torin! I knew he was either going to come back or there was a good reason for his death, but being purposely murdered by your bro so that you're sent to hell in order to start loving up the enemy's plans before they even begun? That was so goddamn cool. That was the best and I cant wait to watch the last two. (Always a week behind due to release/meeting schedules)

Apollove
May 31, 2013
So I got a question for the thread.

Say you were in charge of gathering 5 characters from any media to be in a super sentai team, who would they be, what colors would they be, and why?

Bonus: pick a sixth ranger too

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Does anyone know what song was playing at the start of this week's Kyoryuger?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Apollove posted:

So I got a question for the thread.

Say you were in charge of gathering 5 characters from any media to be in a super sentai team, who would they be, what colors would they be, and why?

Bonus: pick a sixth ranger too

Tommy Oliver - Green Ranger
Tommy Oliver - White Ranger
Tommy Oliver - Red Ranger
Tommy Oliver - Other Red Ranger
Tommy Oliver - Black Ranger
6th: Jason David Frank - Awesome Ranger

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

jivjov posted:

Tommy Oliver - Green Ranger
Tommy Oliver - White Ranger
Tommy Oliver - Red Ranger
Tommy Oliver - Other Red Ranger
Tommy Oliver - Black Ranger
6th: Jason David Frank - Awesome Ranger

Forgot Ramirez.

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

DOGOLD, I WANT YOU TO CALL AN AM-BOO-LANCE AND WHEN THEY GET HUR I WANT YOU TO TELL THEM TO
KEEP SMILING!

jivjov posted:

Also, Tessai's actor is really good. I really bought him as both consummate badass Tessai and mild-mannered but eager descendant-dude.

I love him for the exact same reason -- his mannerisms and attitude were so divorced from Tessai.

I like to believe that Tessai went from bald to having hair because the writers realized he looked dumb like that, but later wrote a love of costumes into the character to cover it up because really, why's an awesome ghost dressing up as punks and angels?

Kuso Meriken
Jun 30, 2007
Holy poo poo Kyoryuger 47 is one of the most epic sentai episodes I've seen.

For Cyan is Kinoshita the first actor to play multiple sentai roles in different series? If not it's got to be a small club. Gokaiger doesn't count.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Kuso Meriken posted:

Holy poo poo Kyoryuger 47 is one of the most epic sentai episodes I've seen.

For Cyan is Kinoshita the first actor to play multiple sentai roles in different series? If not it's got to be a small club. Gokaiger doesn't count.
Nope, Magi Yellow/Beet Buster. But he might have been the first, or at least the only one I recall off the top of my head.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
Kenji Ohba.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Kenji Ohba did it in Battle Fever J (Battle Kenya) and Denjiman (DenjiBlue) as well as a Metal Hero (Gavan). Jyunichi Haruta did it in Goggle V (GoggleBlack) and Dynaman(DynaBlack). And just last year Hiroya Matsumoto who was MagiYellow in Magiranger was Beet Buster in Go-Busters.

Edit: Beaten... drat you research.

Fezz fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Feb 5, 2014

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Sentai loves playing the scenes when the exact same person meets their other "character" like Kotoha meeting her Gavan equivalent for no other reason in Taisen Z than because she plays that character.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
http://powerrangers.wikia.com/wiki/Hiroshi_Miyauchi :colbert:

edit: this picture owns a lot

Kuso Meriken
Jun 30, 2007
Geeeez, I can't believe I didn't realize Magi Yellow and Jin were the same actor! I thought he looked familiar...I wasn't into Gobusters so I didn't pay much attention to any discussion on it.

Kuso Meriken fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Feb 5, 2014

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Kuso Meriken posted:

Geeeez, I can't believe I didn't realize Magi Yellow and Jin were the same actor! I thought he looked familiar...I wasn't into Gobusters so I didn't pay much attention to any discussion on it.

They even made a joke about it in the Gokaiger vs Gobusters movie. When all the mechs used giant ranger keys to become past mecha, Jin and J got Majiranger's and Jin cracked a joke about feeling right at home in it.

FortMax
Mar 22, 2013

The Bunny Hat
Blue Ranger/Big One
Battle Kenya/Denji Blue
Goggle Black/Dyna Black
Change Pegasus/Dragon Ranger
Ninja Red/Black Knight Hyuuga
Deka Yellow/Kyoryu Cyan 2
Magi Yellow/Beet Buster
Bouken Silver/Kyoryu Grey 1/Kyoryu Grey 2

I think that's all.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

FortMax posted:

Bouken Silver/Kyoryu Grey 1/Kyoryu Grey 2

Oh wow, that's the same guy? I totally missed that. Yet another multiple toku veteran.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Who's the red guy next to Big One?

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

Larryb posted:

Who's the red guy next to Big One?

ZUBAT

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Fezz posted:

Kenji Ohba did it in Battle Fever J (Battle Kenya) and Denjiman (DenjiBlue) as well as a Metal Hero (Gavan). Jyunichi Haruta did it in Goggle V (GoggleBlack) and Dynaman(DynaBlack). And just last year Hiroya Matsumoto who was MagiYellow in Magiranger was Beet Buster in Go-Busters.

Edit: Beaten... drat you research.

Kenji Ohba had a small role in Hurricanger as one of Shurikenger's human forms, too!

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Nobody is gonna talk about the sixth ToQger (whatever the gently caress its spelled) being revealed?

http://news.tokunation.com/2014/02/06/sixth-toqger-revealed-catalog-scans-plus-legacy-zords-14834

Or these loving awesome keys i'm going to import?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Holy crap, he's orange!

toomanyninjas
Feb 10, 2005

KEEP SMILING!

RBX posted:

Nobody is gonna talk about the sixth ToQger (whatever the gently caress its spelled) being revealed?

http://news.tokunation.com/2014/02/06/sixth-toqger-revealed-catalog-scans-plus-legacy-zords-14834

Or these loving awesome keys i'm going to import?

I want that Candelira key so bad.

edit: And, of course, KyoryuCyan. Gaijin Pride!

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

toomanyninjas posted:

I want that Candelira key so bad.

edit: And, of course, KyoryuCyan. Gaijin Pride!

Check that Cyan key again. It's not Ramirez.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Ramirez' key was in an earlier set.

Any guesses on what the secret key is?

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Dexie posted:

Ramirez' key was in an earlier set.

Any guesses on what the secret key is?

Maybe Deboss himself? It's grouped with the Kyoryugers so maybe Torin?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1st Stage Midboss
Oct 29, 2011

If they have a different suit for Kyoryu Navy (or whatever) in 100 Years After, it might be that.

• Locked thread